Coral Vue Hydros

Mitch's 17.4g Reef

_Mitch_

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I spent about an hour sitting in front of my tank removing Chondria. I pulled out a ton but it's no where near gone. If I continue to dedicate an hour each week to removing this stuff there's a chance I'll be able to win this battle, but we'll see. It's growing in such hard to reach areas and is intertwined with some of the corals so removing all of it would be impossible.

I'd be happy if I could just keep the stuff at bay for the last several months my tank is around. Next time I set up a tank I'll be using dry rock for sure. Too many possible issues with live rock in my opinion.

Also, I really need to do a picture update or video soon. :happy:

that's depressing... :mellow:

Congrats on the win! :D

(i did watch the game :P )

Haha, thanks. Too bad they just lost to Xavier, though. Oh well!

It's not too depressing. I'm thinking up ways to combat the issue, and I might just have a few tricks up my sleeve I can use. ;)

A couple of pictures to hold you guys over until the next update:

dsc07446x.jpg

The new Blastos

dsc07478t.jpg

The Ricordea garden - Needs a small shrimp hosting the Ricordeas!

dsc07445vu.jpg

The damage done this weekend from removing Chondria - don't worry, the tank looks much better now ;). I syphoned all that Chondria off the sand during the water change.

Enjoy, and feel free to comment!

Mitch, just got your PM. So sorry to hear about Patrick. :(

Thanks for your condolences. He was breathing heavily last night and refused to eat; I found him dead on the sand bed early this morning. All of the other aquarium inhabitants are still as happy as can be. Another mystery death... the worst kind.

Rest in Peace Patrick... :tears:

I can't help but notice that you have a fews spots of algae...

Turbo snails are the best all around/easiest Invert to deal with algae, hands down (last time I checked we had some in if you do decide...)

I can't help but notice that you have a fews spots of algae...

Turbo snails are the best all around/easiest Invert to deal with algae, hands down (last time I checked we had some in if you do decide...)

I'm coming in this weekend to give you guys some more Xenia frags - I'll pick up some Turbo's too.

I am so sorry about Patrick! He was so cute.

Awe sorry about Patrick :(

Thanks guys.

Sorry for the loss mitch.

Hope you can get a handle on the algae.

Thanks Rehype. I'm trying my best...

Keep up the diligence, you'll beat this in time. :unsure:

Thanks, hopefully you're right. I'll continue with more manual removal today when I do my water change and maintenance routine.

Today I brought more Xenia to my LFS for store credit. I got a fighting conch with that credit. I shall call him Gary!

Welcome to the squad, Gary.

I love the Sponge Bob theme. Just need to make sure you put a little word bubble in his pics that says meow. ;)

Haha, I'll try and do that for the next picture update. :)

Sry i wasn't at work today, had baseball...

Would did you talk with? I hope they were nice :P

Yea I was wondering why you weren't there. I talked to Matt... turns out he kept one of those Xenia frags for his own tank. :P

MooseBranch
I'm working on a new video right now. I should have it ready within the next few days. Get ready for some awesomeness. ;)

Thats what I like to hear!

Yea I was wondering why you weren't there. I talked to Matt... turns out he kept one of those Xenia frags for his own tank. :P

yup, i told him he should, they were nice frags and he has a new tank so y not?

Hope the Conches are helping! :D

Thats what I like to hear!

You got that right!

yup, i told him he should, they were nice frags and he has a new tank so y not?

Hope the Conches are helping! :D

The Conch (Gary) is cleaning the sand really well. I got some cool footage of him to put in the video.

Archived