inTank Media Baskets

Mitch's 17.4g Reef

_Mitch_

I think the tank is looking awesome, Mitch. If it were mine, I would be tempted to put a few more substrate dwelling pieces in front of the cave area ... I like the space around the rocks, but that area is screaming for some corals =0)

I was actually thinking the opposite. I really like a minimalist look with a nice, open sand bed. I was considering selling those Acans in order to achieve this effect better. I think the Acans block out the left side of the scape too much.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking really nice Mitch.

I'm digging the ochtodes algae covering your rock. I always liked that stuff but I hear I can be a nusiance...I've never had it for long enough for it to become a problem.

The tank looks great mitch!I agree with you about the acans....

Thanks! Do you want to buy the Acans? ;)

Looking really nice Mitch.

I'm digging the ochtodes algae covering your rock. I always liked that stuff but I hear I can be a nusiance...I've never had it for long enough for it to become a problem.

Thanks. I do like the algae, as it makes things look very natural, but it is a nuisance. I have to trim it at each water change to keep it at bay.

Anyways, I just ran into a very sticky situation. I'll do a play by play here:

6:15 pm - Power goes out. Obviously I panic...

6:45 - The power doesn't seem to be returning, so I remove the lights and cover and hook up the battery powered air pump. I then leave to go out for dinner since I can't cook at home.

7:45 - I return home to find the Blenny on the carpet. :o It must have jumped due to stress, which was probably caused by the 3 degree drop in temperature. It was still breathing though, so I plopped it into the guppy breeder net and swished it back and forth to get water moving through the gills. It must have jumped just a few minutes before I returned home.

9:00 - Power returns, luckily. Everyone besides the Blenny is fine. The Blenny is currently sitting at the bottom of the breeder net breathing very heavily. I can only hope that it will recuperate...

So that was a big scare. I really, really hope I don't lose my Blenny, Patrick. I will report back with his health tomorrow.

Oh no! Glad powers back but Patrick! I will send good thoughts!

Yea, I'm glad everyone else is fine, but I'm definitely worried. Thanks for the good thoughts haha.

Well that was fast. The Blenny was swimming around like crazy in the breeder net trying to get out so I released him. He's now chilling in his usual spot. What a trooper!

Needs some sweet rics IMO. J/K looking good.

I know you're joking, but I do think I need some more. The ones I have now are growing very slowly, so I'm not sure if it's worth investing in more of them.

I just love the clean, minimalist look of this tank. Very elegant, very zen.

Thanks!

I just traded the Anemone Shrimp to an LFS for some store credit. Glad he's gone. Having some money on my account there, I decided to pick up a new fish. I brought home a little McCosker's Flasher Wrasse! He's a little beat up, so they agreed to give me some extra money off of him. I'm confident he'll heal up and thrive in my tank. Also, you can't beat getting a fish this nice for only $20! I'll post some pictures of him when he's acclimated.

A few pictures of the fish...

dsc04788v.jpg

The Cardinal - he's so photogenic!

dsc05043pc.jpg

The Wrasse actually flashing - it took me 246 pictures to get this shot...

dsc05037yn.jpg

Wrasse flashing at a different angle

dsc04813ao.jpg

I find Patrick's face here to be hilarious! Patrick is the Blenny for all that don't know.

dsc04920m.jpg

This picture is very blurry so I can't make it any bigger, but the Wrasse looks super cute here!

Enjoy, and please comment! It took me a while to get the Wrasse shots. He's so fast! :)

My bangaii doesn't seem to come out a lot, i think it might because theres a lot of flow right now. Do you have a lot flow where yours hangs out?

My bangaii doesn't seem to come out a lot, i think it might because theres a lot of flow right now. Do you have a lot flow where yours hangs out?

He definitely likes to hang out more in low flow areas. These guys aren't really built for strong flow.

Archived