Top Shelf Aquatics

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

scubasteve2580

You have a current full tank shot? In interested to see how things are shaking out. Beautiful tank by the way. Love it. I'm in a toss up. I have a chance to get a 75 gallon (but it's the older one with the wood grain-easy fix) or setting my 40g with a 30g sump. Do you have any regrets going with the 40g, I mean, do you wish you had a bigger tank?

You have a current full tank shot? In interested to see how things are shaking out. Beautiful tank by the way. Love it. I'm in a toss up. I have a chance to get a 75 gallon (but it's the older one with the wood grain-easy fix) or setting my 40g with a 30g sump. Do you have any regrets going with the 40g, I mean, do you wish you had a bigger tank?

I have a 40 breeder, and I know you weren't asking me, and obviously asureefs tank > mine. But I always wish I would have saved up and gone bigger, it just means more room for more things! The downside is of course, cost. Hope it's okay that I replied lol

Not much to update really. Heads up to anyone in NC looking for a sweet Monti. cap colony, I dropped one off at the LFS a few weeks ago and we priced it unbelievably low. It's a 6"+ colony and very bright red/pinkish under normal aquarium lighting, photo was taken under natural ambient light.

rnjw.jpg

I know this has been a while back, but where at in nc are you? I'm in the charlotte area.

Did you ever "seed" this tank with Live rock?

Also, what is your doing schedule?

BTW, your tank is the inspiration for mine. Thanks for this great post!

I actually started with all dry rock no seeding, wish I did though. Currently just dosing EVS 2-part and just started Acropower. So many hype on that product just wanted to see what's it all about.

Great pictures! This makes me wish that A) I hadn't broken down my 40B and B) I had any sort of photography skills!

Thanks!

This in insane. Great capture. :blink:

Thanks looking really great.

Seriously, this is one of the coolest tank pics I have ever seen. The colors! The texture!

Totally agree

It's not that great, but thanks, guys!

The current FTS is the current, I'm lazy! :P

siwb.jpg

Initially, I planned on a 100g because the price at the time was about the same for the Artisan series. Though, with the tank being on the second floor and after thinking about weekly water changes, lighting, etc...I opted for the 40g basically just to experiment and really have no regret at the moment.

Mind=blownnnnn

:lol:

I have a 40 breeder, and I know you weren't asking me, and obviously asureefs tank > mine. But I always wish I would have saved up and gone bigger, it just means more room for more things! The downside is of course, cost. Hope it's okay that I replied lol

Well, I can fill a 40 up now and then some. The cost has me too though. You have to double everything haha

Not exactly, the equipment I have now could probably be used on a 80g with no problem.

I know this has been a while back, but where at in nc are you? I'm in the charlotte area.

Hey!

That piece was sold at a shop in Mint Hill called "The Inland Reef".

I've probably posted these somewhere before, but I took these photos about 2-3months ago and they're currently battling for space at the moment. The ORA borealis on the left seems to be the strongest.

wfc8.jpg

e0on.jpg

• Like 6

Hey!

That piece was sold at a shop in Mint Hill called "The Inland Reef".

Never been there, I'll go check it out though! I usually go to Nemo's Reef in Matthews. If you even have any other pieces or frags let me know and I'll take 'em off your hands. I'd love to know exactly what additives you add to your tank, I saw you mentioned zeovit before.

• 2 weeks later...

Free purple pocillopora frag for everybody...

I didn't realized how big this thing was until I held it.

3398.jpg

Never been there, I'll go check it out though! I usually go to Nemo's Reef in Matthews. If you even have any other pieces or frags let me know and I'll take 'em off your hands. I'd love to know exactly what additives you add to your tank, I saw you mentioned zeovit before.

Nemo's is probably one of the best in the area IMO. I'll likely be donating some frags there in a few weeks or so. Currently, I only dose 2-part and just recently started AcroPower, 2wks in and I've noticed a considerable increase in alk. demand! In fact, my alk. is under 7dkh right now. I'll be testing every other day and increasing by 2ml until I reach 8.0dkh.

I just started AquaticLog, if anyone want you can keep up with my tank here.

Mind blowing yuma photo!

It's been producing babies all over my tank, so far I've counted 10 little yuma's. :blink:

• Like 9

How much acropower are you dosing? I have been doing 5ml twice a week.

Ark, I dose 1ml daily during the evenings.

I will say, this is the sweetest amino I've ever tasted. :)

• Like 1

Free purple pocillopora frag for everybody...

I didn't realized how big this thing was until I held it.

3398.jpg

Nemo's is probably one of the best in the area IMO. I'll likely be donating some frags there in a few weeks or so. Currently, I only dose 2-part and just recently started AcroPower, 2wks in and I've noticed a considerable increase in alk. demand! In fact, my alk. is under 7dkh right now. I'll be testing every other day and increasing by 2ml until I reach 8.0dkh.

I just started AquaticLog, if anyone want you can keep up with my tank here.

It's been producing babies all over my tank, so far I've counted 10 little yuma's. :blink:

The amount of growth you get is crazy! I'm jealous haha

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ark, I dose 1ml daily during the evenings.

I will say, this is the sweetest amino I've ever tasted. :)

Well past time for an update. Please!

• Like 3