Cultivated Reef

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

Congrats on tank of the month I love the tank :D I was wondering what bulbs you use and what is the length of time they are on? Do you still keep the fixture 8" of the water?

The total lighting duration is 10hrs, all 6bulbs for 5hrs, 4bulbs 3hrs, and starting/ending with actinic 1hr.

what size is your drain tube?

Not sure, but I think it's 1" - 1 1/2".

Totm.....awesome!!!!

Thank very much!

Congrats on TOTM man. Very well deserved.

Thanks!

Is it worth getting the money for a ProfiLux?

Compared to a BM-T01, my friend said that he had problems with the BM holding a siphon...

I don't have experience with the Profilux, but the BM works just fine for me. Head units on the pumps can wear out pretty easily depending on use and will need replacement or else they can cause problems. I replacement mines about twice a year, most of the top brands head unit are pretty much universal excluding price tag..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow this tank is phenomenal i love how colourful it is, I personally love the monti caps. We could use an update though lol, to be fully honest i did t know the artisan came in 40 gallon size

Wow this tank is phenomenal i love how colourful it is, I personally love the monti caps. We could use an update though lol, to be fully honest i did t know the artisan came in 40 gallon size

Can we see a Asureef Acro Frag Pack any time soon?

I'm sure some people would also love a Monti pack as well...

Update bro!

Not much to update really. Heads up to anyone in NC looking for a sweet Monti. cap colony, I dropped one off at the LFS a few weeks ago and we priced it unbelievably low. It's a 6"+ colony and very bright red/pinkish under normal aquarium lighting, photo was taken under natural ambient light.

rnjw.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Gorgeous. Someone will snatch that up in a heartbeat... if they're smart ;)

Yep, some lucky person took it home for $65.

Small happenings

Asterina barely escaped the jaws of the Yuma

f4bf.jpg

Won the battle, but losing the war. Looks like my A. loripes can no longer take the beating from my Pocillopora, it's losing tissue all over the place.

1y1y.jpg

• Like 13

Thanks guys!

I'm bringing out the weed wacker to do some heavy trimming of the green tip birdsnest this weekend, it's growing out of control.

My A. tenuis just started developing some beautiful blue polyps at the tips.

7swe.jpg

• Like 7

Yep, some lucky person took it home for $65.

What a steal. I'm jealous of this person -_-

I'm bringing out the weed wacker to do some heavy trimming of the green tip birdsnest this weekend, it's growing out of control.

If I had any more room, I would't mind taking a frag or two of this off your hands ;)

I guess poccilapora beats lorpies, but my pocci is losing to my joe the coral (whatever species that is, A. tenius?).

Someone should make a thread stating which corals will win in a fight!

• 1 month later...