Pod Your Reef

pics of my 25 gal

corey0613

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got these frags in today and thought i would share !!! they came in looking better than the pics did online. enjoy!

Corey I am going to have to ask you to stop.

You are making me really jealous.

• 3 weeks later...

here is an updated full frontal that i snapped this am. not the greatest quality but it gives you an idea of the progression that has taken place with the SPS addition.

the larger bali acro on the top left is probably going to go soon. i got it cheap and hoped it would color up, but it just isnt cuttin' it. i hope to replace it with a nice bright yellow milli i saw online the other day.

some awesome new rics are coming in and i want to add 1-2 frags of some pink colored SPS, probably pocilliporas, and i will sit back and watch it grow.

SPS growth has been great and i severly under estimated the growth rate of the caps.

the whole left side had to be re-aquascaped after it collapsed during some extensive cleaning. i think it came out close to how it was before and look pretty cool to me.

my "rings of fire". just wanted to show the growth over the past 2 months and of course the awesome color. almost getting big enough to frag!!!!!!!!

wirick21-- i use a 250W 20,000K XM DE on a 250W PFO HQI ballast. please read the thread first, specs have been posted numerous times!!!!!!!

OK guys, here's the deal. if there is any confusion over whether or not corey photoshoped the images, just go to the first page of this thread and look at the first two images he posted. If you notice in the far back right corner of the glass, The gamma increase caused it to turn yellow green and blue. Now either you have some psychadelic coralline algae growth or you're altering ur images. I might be relatively new to reefkeeping, but i wasn't born yesterday

Nice pics, however were you taking pics with just the actinics on in the first few pages??

I ask because if you compare the last few pages with the first few you will see a big difference. The newer pics are less blue. But you added a 20k (blue) mh bulb. So your newer pics should be more blue. Whats up with that?

in the original pics there was a small green "patch" of algae on the glass that i couldnt reach until i got the magfloat. in the full tank pics on page 3 you can see it is on the left hand side also. in the right corner there is also some macro and about 2 green and red striped mushrooms that have attached to the glass. that might be what you are seeing. in the full tank pics above if you look @ the right hand corner (in the back) you can see that the algae is gone, you can see that one of the shrooms has moved a little higher and left a couple babies under it.

despot-- read the thread to find out the exact lighting on nearly every pic. indeed i added the halide but have you ever heard of positive and negative exposure and i dont know.... white balance!!!!!!!!!!!!! on a camera equipped with the proper options you can manipulate these settings. now on a 3.2 MP camera with no options the pictures will be more blue. there are several pics on the thread in which i was tweeking the settings to get a "less blue" pic. page 7,8,9, somewhere in there has the exact settings of every knob on my camera for the first pics that i took.

now the real story here is that little ol haokan is pissed off that i said i didnt like his tank and all the diatoms on the sand. he proceded to PM me calling me a ###### and saying that i had a horrible tank and now he has jumped on a band wagon that is oh.........3 months old or so!!!!! newbies......you gotta love 'em.

anymore questions, just let me know and i will answer them to the best of my ability.......and no, i still dont have photoshop on my PC.

Umm I did read the thread. And what I read backs up what I said. It just seems strange that the tank got less "blue" after you added a 250mh (that is more blue). And I already have a digi cam so I didn't need the lesson. Thanks tho. I just have a hard time imagining that your tank looks to the human eye the same way it did in the first few pages. You can tweak your cam all you want to change it around. It is still a very nice tank.

um....who cares if the amount of "blue" has changed in a few pics. what's your point? don't you have better things to do than analyze something like that?

look at the pics, enjoy the tank, and let it go.

Originally posted by corey0613

now the real story here is that little ol haokan is pissed off that i said i didnt like is tank and all the diatoms on the sand.  he proceded to PM me calling me a ###### and saying that i had a horrible tank and now he has jumped on  a band wagon that is oh.........3 months old or so!!!!!  newbies......you gotta love 'em.  

That is truly sad. Why didn't you report him to a mod? Isn't pming someone and calling them a "######" a type of harrasment?

BTW, this tank has to be TOTM. I'll just die if it doesn't.

Originally posted by despot101

It just seems strange that the tank got less "blue" after you added a 250mh (that is more blue).  

Not all 20k MH bulbs are created equall. There is a thread on RC somewhere with comparisons.

i agree about the 20K's Von, but you know how it is around here. certain people will run their mouth or make snyde comments before they try to educate themselves on the topic. just the nature of the beast i guess.

as far as reporting haokan, i kind of think its funny!!! at first i thought it was really out of line, but the more i thought about it the more i laughed @ his immaturity. i have pretty thick skin and wont get offended if someone on the computer takes personal hits @ me!!!! his tank speaks for him!!!

kansasreefer over on www.reefaquariumguide.com and reefcentral can vouge for my tank. so can agfany on reefaquariumguide. they have seen it in person and have some of my zoo, ric, and xenia frags. if you really want to waste your time you can PM them and ask about my tank.

despot-- if you are so well versed with the cameras why did you ask the ?? in the first place. i cant seem to find any pics of your tank????let see some!!!

....thats not thick skin corey, its just alotta fat. your explanation of the aquarium glass was pretty lame. Refresh your memory and go to the first page- first and second posts- of this thread. bottom right corner on the glass, see it? definitely not a mushroom, and I personally have never seen green algae with yellow highlights and blue tinges. Maybe its cuz im just a "newbie". You sure love to throw that name around, kind of ironic how proud you are to be such a nerd. Whatever you do, PLEASE dont report me! my life would be over without this forum. I agree with everyone else on this thread that its not a critical matter that you photoshopped your pics. It looks good, and hopefully the tons of money you spent payed off by pleasing you and gaining you a line of followers in this place. Me personally, i spent a lil under $1,000 bucks for a fully stocked 25g Jebo setup, and altho its no showcase, it pleases me and wins over the girls i bring home ; ) . I know how incredibly shocking it can be that there is actually algae in my tank, god forbid. Maybe if i ever get a nicer camera i will show you what it really looks like.

*yawn*

so Corey, those "rings of fire" are awesome. I passed up a chance to buy some similar looking zoas but now I'm kicking myself in the butt. So, when are you planning on sending me a frag? jk.

Archived