inTank Media Baskets

pics of my 25 gal

corey0613

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reefaddict--

where'd you see the DSC-V1 for $450. !!!!!! i paid $799 and i think it is down around $650 now. it is a 5 megapixel camera. and the carl zeiss lens is a nice piece of art!!!!!!!! i would definately recommend it if you are willing to shell out that much on a camera.

thanks again everyone, and new pics will be up when i get my new light in.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally got you all some full tank shots. look under COREY0613 @ reefaquariumguide.com for bigger sizes that look much better!!!

Reefer_Buddha

one thing i like about your tank is theres so much color in there. Thats what im tryin to do with my tank. Good job.

yeah,

that was the hardest thing for me to do. the first tank i set up was with corals from the LFS and i would just go in and impulse buy. my wife was like all of your corals look brown. so now almost every piece in this tank is from online vendors and i have paid a pretty penny for a few of the pieces. i get her approval on the colors first and it works out great as you can see. she picks them out off the computer and i put them in the tank and keep them alive. who would have thought!!!!!!!

amazing tank. again, great selection of corals and colour. Must have cost you a pretty penny, but well worth it. GREAT JOB.

TOTM!!!

Yeah I vote again as this tank needs to be the TOTM. Hey Corey have you added that 250 HQI yet, and has it changed the way your tank looks any?

you ever worry about you Frogspawn attacking nearby corals? I have an 18 gallon H tank and the Frogspawn I have had in there for about 6 months has grown twice the size and its sweeper tentacles are starting to come out and attach to other corals to sting them. Just a heads up on that..

On the other hand, your tank is looking great, very good use of color and species! I am looking to upgrade my lighting to something similar as yours. What type of light (10,000k) are you using?? I was thinking of a Ushio bulb.

Jeremy

no new light yet, i should have it hung and running by wed. then i will have pics by the end of the week. i ran into a few roadblocks with my plans so i am still trying to work things out!!thanks again everyone!!

goliath,

i have had several frogs for quite some time now and i hear you about the damage they can do in a short period. the large bright green one @ the top has almost out grown it's real estate. it has stung some mushrooms several times but you know its impossible to kill them, they bounce right back. and actually last night it hit the monti in front of it and caused it to whiten up a bit on the top. i would move it, but right now it is growing a new head and i want to wait until the new head is established and then frag the extra head. that should cut the size back down to when i got it. your right it is hard to have them in such a small tank. but so far i am making it work. there are 3 frogs total in the tank and they are all just 1 small head each. that is about the only way i can get away with it. i like them to much to do away with them!!!

corey0613--

STUNNING PICS!!! The color variations are the key! As I'm building out my 55G custom, I'm going to use your arrangement as a model and avoid creating a coral garden that looks too 'muddy'.

On the camera, I did a search on Yahoo Shopping for the Sony DSC-V1, and found pricing from $369.00 on up... guess the pricing has come down since you picked yours up.

Also, I'm curious what you have in the center cave area. Any close-up pics of that portion? You've got some awesome coralline too! What specifically are you dosing for calcium / dK?

Cheers!

i think those ones on yahoo etc. are either used or refurburbished. i got fooled by that also when i was shopping. check best buy or circuit city for an accurate price on a new one.

i will get some pics up of the center area by wednesday or so.

again, i dose nothing in the tank. i just do 5 gallon water changes every week on a religious basis. i am toying with the idea of trying kalk in this tank as i am looking to get some SPS going. i just hate the extra hassle.

the LR came via online order uncured and this coralline has been on it ever since it cured. everyone loves it and i just have to say honestly it's really out of my hands. just got lucky!

the orange coral in the cave is regular ol' sun polyps. they dont really need a whole lot of light, but you have to target feed them several times a week. they got knocked over by the clean up crew thats why you cant really get a good view of them.

Hey there....I've been checking out these forums for a few months now, but somehow hadn't run across your pics until today. Like all the other comments I have to say how awesome your tank looks.

I use the same Sony for the shots of my tank, btw.

Hey Corey, I showed your tank to the G/f, and guess what? She has put me on probation from buying corals. She has assumed the position and said that we will be buying from that online store that you are. Aparently I am powerless against this...but then again I did break her tank down so now she is going to take over mine.

good luck. i know what it is like when the women want to take over (no offense to any women intended). but if shes buying then she cant complain on the amout that you are spending!!! thats the way i look @ it!

Originally posted by corey0613

i think those ones on yahoo etc. are either used or refurburbished.  i got fooled by that also when i was shopping.  check best buy or circuit city for an accurate price on a new one.

Nope, never use best buy and circuit city as a comparison. Unless you like to pay retail or above. the sony dsc-v1 is in the $400 dollar range nowadays as seen here:

http://www.butterflyphoto.com/viewitem.php...hp?IndexID=2751 (NEW)

Thats the problem with electronics, $1000 one day 5 bucks the next.

FYI, always use an online search like cnet/shopping for an accurate price for products online. You'll see the huge price break you get buying from an 'online' retailer vs. a B&M.

NICE tank btw!!!!

Sands

yeah,

i see what you are talking about. i have had this camera for almost a year and my price was including all the perks. 256MB memory stick pro, 3yr extended warranty, battery, etc. i checked bestbuy and you only save about $25-30 bucks going with a noname online vendor. much safer to go with bestbuy for the price difference IMO. for the simple fact that you can drive right to the store when/if a problem should arise. now if you havent bought their warranty they will tell you tuff luck, go talk to sony!ha ha! either way the camera is well worth the $$ IMO. i usually do price comparisons and then give in and go to the retail store. habit i guess. oh well!

tru dat.... Sometimes it works out for B&M stores. although it was $100 to my benny to go with butterflyphoto (very reputible vendor) vs. the local bestbuy's price on my canon s50.

I considered the best buy warranty like you as well, but on a camera or vid camera, their ext. warranties aren't all that great (though they get the job done). The best all around camera warranty these days is thru a company called repairtech (google em). A 5yr. on a sub $500 dollar camera will cost you around $70~. Vs. the best buy's give us the camera and we will send it in to get fixed, the repair tech will send you to an authorized repair center in your area, or arrange for shipping to an from (paid by them) to get it fixed at their central shop.

back on subject, lol.....

Is that blasto of yours a deep red color... From the pics it looks like it was taken with more actinic then the 10k daylight, so its hard to tell.... I sooooo want one of these, but my lfs was a small 2 header (bout 3/4" each) for like $69 bucks..... ughhhhh

Hows been your experience with it? ie: will it feed if you drop brine shrimp its way or such?

Sands

the blaso is a deep red with purple/silver/grey skirt. the skirt looks different color on any given day and usually looks coolest the day after it eats. i feed each head brine and krill once a week or so. the thing eats like a monster, much better than the red and green one i have. those two pieces were the most expensive in my tank. i think they were $70 for the green and $80 for the purple. but they are both much larger than the piece you are talking about. my price included shipping and again i would suggest that you look online to find the right piece, much better selection and pricing. i couldnt find anything close to these pieces here, but then again i live in the wonderful state of KANSAS!!!!

oh yeah,

the lighting is 10,000K with actinics in the pics. if you saw this thing with just the actinics on it would knock your socks off. im working on pics but everything glows soo bright that it doesnt come out good!

Archived