Pod Your Reef

pics of my 25 gal

corey0613

Funny. That people care enough, to complain. I agree on the top shelf livestock gig. I am a cherrypicker as well... It is worth it in the long run. Nice stuff Corey.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by corey0613

lighting is 2x65W compacts with 10, 000K and actinic03 and a single 65W compact with 50/50 bulb

to any of you doubting the truthfulness of the colors of the corals, do you run the same lighting? sounds like a lot more high wattage actinic than many setups i've read about on these forums for my own research. stingray's tank (http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=28445) is also very nice, but can you really say your 24w 50/50 is comparable to his lighting scheme? from reading corey's full thread it feels like he has spent a lot of time and money on this tank and i've enjoyed his pictures of his cherry picked highly fluorescent corals. maybe more blue than id pick for my own setup i have in mind, but it makes them corals shine real purdy like

its his certain setup, taken with his camera with certain settings, showing on your monitor with its own settings, viewed through your eyes which noone else has. so then before you get back into arguing about the accuracy of someones pictures think about all those subjective filters and meditate on some rene magritte:

10008488.jpg

(translation: this is not a pipe)

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what'd i tell ya about stingray's tank before even seeing it.......... brown leather with some brown zoos. just a hint stingray. brown will not flouresce. again, i rest my case. damn im good. i told you there are a million of these people @ my LFS.

puppet bill-- thanks for showing me stingrays tank, as he never would post the pics.

was going through some old pics and here is the original pic that i got from bryan @ the logical reef when i was buying the red blasto. now he told be this was a quick snap from his personal tank not the one he usually "shoots" his pieces in. he said it is an old tank with thick glass or something like that. its been quite a while. just thought i would let you all check it out. shows that the color is consistent with what i posted. the cameras may be a little different and i think his shot was probably under different lighting.

not sure how the size will show up on here!

some NICE orange rics that i just got in also. had to shoot these under the PC's because they are way to bright under the halides.(top view)

shooting these pics under the 20,000K halides. it is much tougher to get the real "bright clean" look as the 20,000K is so much more bluer. the tank looks alot better though and the corals are already showing improvement in growth.

the first pic here is of the MH position over the tank, i have been dropping it about 1/2 inch per week to acclimate. getting close to its permanent home.

check out the blue light even from this shot

SPS's ---- these are new additions from Dave Playfair over on Reef Central. he has had TOTM several times over there and these frags came in looking sweet. picked up 8. i might try shooting them under the PC's only and see how it comes out. again these look pretty blue, its kind of frustrating me.

bright green montipora digitata

bright orange cap, this one is from thelogicalreef.com.

again the pic really sucks, but it gives you and idea. i have had this one for about a month now and already see growth.

had to do some macro shots for comparison of the lighting.

rics look even better with the MH but i cant really capture it with the camera YET. this shot is still pretty cool. its a little blurry cuz i didnt turn the flow of the tank off for any of these shots.

i will post some better pics later. just shooting these to get a baseline. i really should have turned off the flow so these could have come out more clear.

if anyone has tips for shooting under 20K MH i would appreciate it. mtndewman over on reefland.com suggested taping a blank sheet of white paper on the front of the tank to set the white balance, removing it once the white balance was set, and then shooting. anyone had luck with this technique???

Archived