ReefCleaners.org

pics of my 25 gal

corey0613

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are some pics of the "tank room" as promised. the room basically houses the tank, stand, H2O buckets, supplies, water heater and heating unit for the house. overall it is plenty of space to work with although the pics make it look really small

here is a closer pic of the back of the tank. HOB refuge and Aqua C remora. i added the skimmer about 3 months ago and needless to say the results have been fantastic. i will never run a tank again without a skimmer!!!

here is a full shot of the stand with storage door open. i originally had ideas about some sort of sump in this area but that hasnt progressed much ! the hole in the bottom is an opening for the cat so it can get to it's litter box, which is stored in the room out of sight.

here is a pic of the other frog that i was talking about. i cannot get a good pic of it for the life of me. but @ least wanted to share what i have!!!

reefer_buddah-----

no more macro for me. i used to have the fuge filled with it but it always bleaches out and dies. plus i see no difference in my tank with it, i take that back my tank actually is cleaner and more healthy looking without it. who knows, just going with what works for me!!!

Wow thats pretty cool you have a room to hide all the stuff and you dont have a sump. Well i guess the only reason i have a sump is to hide my heater and my skimmer but i guess you dont have that problem :D :D . Man you could really cheat and have a 25 display and a 125 gallon sump :D. I love behind the scenes shows the nitty gritty of the tanks. I still cant decide on a 20 or a 25 ill be using PCs on my tank 4x65. But im not sure if the pcs are strong enough to hit the bottom of a 25 gallon tank.

GSXR1000--

my pcs just sit right on top of the tank. many people use the "legs" that you can buy to elevate them a bit, but not me. heat has never been an issue in the room. the heated air flows through the heater in the winter and the cool air goes through the duct work in the summer. room stays @ a cool 70-75 degrees.

everything on my substrate does fine, but im not keeping clams and such. i think the 4x65 would do you just fine. i am actually really really really close to upgrading my lighting to that. i like the retro that they have over @ www.hellolights.com but i would definately incorporate @ least 2 fans into your setup as i plan to do. the 2x65 that i have has 2 small fans built in and a fair amount of warm air comes off of it.

i dont have a glass top. i have always ran all my tanks with an open top. there is fiberglass between the water and the lights though. that should really be standard operation for safetys sake.

let me know if you have more questions.

Corey, I would just like to say that you are my role model. I also have a 25 gallon tank and never thought i would get my tank to look nice without all that expensive equipment and yet after seeing your tank, its the nicest tank i seen so far. Do you add any supplements?

imsuperjp----

i add NO SUPPLEMENTS. i do a 5 gal water change every tuesday RELIGIOUSLY. all chemistry is within normal limits. i do dose phytoplankton twice a week but i dont consider that a supplement. a word of advice. if you plan on going this route you have to be very on top of your tests at first to make sure everything is in check and you MUST stay on schedule with your water changes. things foul so easy in such a small tank. let me know if you have more questions.

COREY

Corey I see that you have a Remora skimmer, and also an over flow box. Could you tell me a little bit about your tank, as I am in need of as much info on setting my cube up as possible. Could you tell me what additives you use, or what your routines are? Your tank is absolutly stunning, and it makes me realize that what I am trying to acomplish is possible.

WHITTEN,

READ THE FIRST 2 PAGES OF THE POSTS, MAINLY PAGE 2. MOST OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ANSWERED THEN. IF NOT LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP. BUT I THINK I POSTED MOST OF WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ALREADY. I USE NO ADDITIVES!!!!!!!!!

Doh...I'm so dumb. Anyway, very interesting to read all that has worked for you, from what you have told me I know exactly what I am going to do for my 30 cube. Remora, and fuge. Less complications, and mess with sumps to deal with. I have been having problems with my chemistry however, and wondered how you got yours in check and kept it there?

WHITTEN---

COULD YOU BE MORE SPECIFIC ON WHAT TYPES OF PROBLEMS YOU ARE HAVING WITH YOUR CHEMISRTY.

IF YOU COULD DO A SUMP A WOULD STILL RECOMMEND THAT ROUTE EVEN THOUGH I DONT HAVE ONE ON THIS TANK. THEY ARE A NICE ADDITION AND REALLY ARENT TROUBLESOME AND GIVE YOU MORE OPTIONS WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT.

THOSE OCEANIC 30 CUBES ARE REALLY NICE!!!!!! YOULL HAVE FUN AND THEY ARE DEEP ENOUGH THAT YOU CAN REALLY DO SOME COOL AQUASCAPING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

VERY nice! The pics leave me speechless. It's the perfect picture of what inspired me to get into this hobby in the first place.

On the camera, what kind did you use for the pics? Does the basic actinic provide the same luminescent look in person?

Also, what else besides phyto do you feed everything? Particularly the flower pot?

Congrats on a beautifully done job!

reefaddict-

the camera i used is a SONY DSC-V1. it is rather pricey, and i am just starting to get the hang of it. the manual is the size of a college textbook.

the full tank pics actually look WAY better in person. the closeup pics are very similar to what the corals look like in person. i dont edit them @ all as i dont have any good software yet.

the actinic i have doesnt really do much for the tank. it is an actinic03 and is really purple in color, i have found that the other type of actinic that is more blue actually makes the pics look better. but the 03 is supposed to be better for the corals so that is what i go with for the timem being. i just ordered a 250W HQI that should be here next week and we will see how that does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPS time!!!!!!!!

i dont feed the flowerpot anything other than the phyto. it is my understanding that they are more photosynthetic. my success is pure luck. i feed the other corals krill and brine. they love it and it makes them grow very fast.

let me know if you have more questions!!

COREY

anymore full tank shots? right from in front? your tank looks amazing. TOTM!!! So bright and colourful. good job.

Archived