Pod Your Reef

pics of my 25 gal

corey0613

im not trying to attack you personally, but you have asked questions that have the exact same answer 3 or 4 times. if you truely understood the concepts i wouldnt have to keep repeating myself......LOL

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey fast--- i dont mind!!i like the updated pic, it looks brighter and clearer (sharper). how much does that software cost ??

thanks for the PM and i will email full res pics soon!! good luck with your tank.

look corey if you stop trying to explaine yourself to people who dont know what there talking about it will stop soon enuf, very nice looking tank many people are just jealous of it so when they rip on you just sit back and laugh and enjoy your time here at nano reef got YOU GOT MY VOTE FOR TOTM

Whatever wasnt my point to debate your camera setttings or your lighting or anything. Like I have said before, nice tank. Very nice tank.

corey, do you really want to prove yourself?

First off I fell in love with your shots! Out of all of the tanks that I have seen for the past 2 months, even the larger ones (100-200+ gal), this one stands out the most. It is a dream sys....just missing fish:(

Foggetabout reference pictures, you can always make selections of a particular area of a pic to enhance, this will not prove anything! Your Sony DSC-V1 has the ability to take MPEG VX (VGA, 16 fps, unlimited) video. You can take a few seconds worth of video & I will even post it on my website to dissprove them all. I would love for your pictures to be the real deal, since they will serve the basis of my inspiration!

BTW, if you want to see some of my pictures check out my site....

http://www.pbase.com/fastuno/root

A man wanting vindication will surely accept the challenge. Please prove them wrong!

fastredponycar

Good GAWD!!! Fastuno, you got some mad camera skills!! Those are awesome!

I want an slr so bad :( What do you think is the best bang for the buck slr?

fastuno--- thanks for the compliments. the tank does have a pair of percs that have been around before most of the live rock was even put it. they are an awesome couple. i dont ever photo them because they are constantly moving and with the slower sutter speed that i use, they usually end up as blurs. i probably wont add anymore fish. they just dont intrigue me anymore, im all about the corals.

i will toy with the video, the main reason i never do it is i have a digital camcorder and it takes up sooo much space on my memory sticks when i do it. we have a 1 year old little boy and the 256's are reserved for him. for the tank i only have a 32MB stick and the vidoe uses it in no time.

i will tinker with it and see what i come up with. i am not really concerned with proving my self to the 2 who have been attacking lately. i have told them all that i do and all the settings. if they want to go out and get a good camera and use my stettngs they WILL heed the same results, provided that they are shooting "quality" livestock.

BTW you got some nice pics. my camera also takes AWESOME pics outside, that is one of my favorite qualities about it. the tank pics are just moderate compared to what it does outsie with natural lighting.

Hey Drew, I oughta have Fastuno come over and take head shots of Hampton my large mouth bass...he is ver photogenic, and will even smile. Anyway, back to the TOTM...I mean the thread.

I actually owned the Sony DSC-V1 for about a month & then I sold it. That is an awesome camera for the price, the only thing that annoyed me was the pop up flash on the left-hand side. This interfered with the proper holding of the camera, other than that I thought it was one of the best cameras that I have held. Another great camera is the Canon S500, which is very similar to the Sony one. Personally, I have the Canon 10d, but for someone who is limited on money I would recommend the Canon 300d. It takes the exact same pictures as the 10d, only difference is less features and plastic body.

I will soon be setting up my 26g bow with a reef sys & I will make daily updates (pics & all) on my site. I cant wait to take pics of it! I would also love to take pics of your tanks...anyone in Queens, NY?

FYI, you guys should look into www.pricegrabber.com that is where I go to check the lowest prices on electronics. I normally pick the cheapest available from the store that has the most positive reviews. So for the Sony DSC-V1 I would go with $439.95

Sorry, to throw anyone away from this great thread...which I have read through all!

Corey, I know you have & like the MH, but I don't want to go that route. How do you (or anyone out there) feel about the Tek T5 lights? I am tossing between the PC 2x65W or the T5 4x24W. I will be putting these lights on a 26g AGA bow (24x15x21)

truthfully, i dont know much about the T5's. never really took the time to research them. danano has an awesome tank with T5's his thread is on like the 3rd page of the members nano forum. im sure he'd be more than glad to help with questions!!

the PC's are alright to say the least. you will be able to keep most LPS and softies. i never had any luck with the few SPS frags that i attempted to keep under the PC's for the month before my MH came.

honestly i would give it some time and seriously consider MH. you basically have no limits on what you can keep, and you will get better coloration. i really wish i would have gone with MH in the first place. i think i got scared off by all the lingo that goes with them, but they are super easy to run and for the most part if you play your cards right they will cost about the same amount.

not trying to sway you either way, just telling you my experience.

BassAssassin

um, i just read this whole thread and i must say that i've never seen such big ass brown nosers in my life.

i must agree to say that you photoshopped the crap out of your tanks. clearly if you had a good camera, the lighting would not be so awry. you definitely had to have a separate light source if you were to make your corals look so bright. if you take a look at stingray's pictures on page 5, his new picture is actually how a photograph is supposed to look. you would need extra contrast adjusting to make your corals have such a brilliant color. im sure your overly expensive corals look nicer than average but it's pretty sad when you have to try and impress people ONLINE by enhancing your photos. the worst part is you have to do so much explanation for something you spent so much money on... especially when one of your explanations is that you have a nice camera, which is total bs. maybe you should spend more time with that kid on your icon. nice kid. hope hes not neglected for your fish.

fastredponycar

hey fastuno, I'm going to whole heartidly agree with corey on the MH vs PC issue. I installed my 250w mh bulb last night and I'm just speechless. There is no comparison what so ever. I spent about $150 on the bulb, ballast and socket. Took about an hour to retrofit under my homade hood (which I built purposly to hold a MH bulb in conjunction with my PC's.

The tank has so much more clarity and brilliance to it. The whole thing has this incredible shimmer that is on the rocks and sand and goes out onto the walls and the floor surrounding the tank. My roomates and all their friends that came over last night were mesmerized (and I still don't have a single coral in the tank yet!)

Heating isn't an issue either. I easily rigged up two 80mm PC cooling fans that I had laying around and hooked up my heater to a timer to come on at night when the lights go off and to shut off in the morning when the lights come on. After about 5 hours of activity, the tank temp was right at 81* ambient house temp was 75~76* all afternoon and evening. I checked the temp at night and it was right at 80* all night and 81* this morning.

I would seriously re-consider the T5's. They're great lights and I've seen many successful tanks with T5 lighting.

bassassassin--- i think the key word in this name is ASS. im really glad that you are a registered member as of today, just in time to talk on a subject in which you have no idea.................i tell you, where do they find these people at. they must recruit each other. heres the AD.....WANTED: MORONS WHO LOOK AT PICTURES AND TALK ####. PLEASE COME TO NANOREEF.COM ASAP . i notice you dont take time to talk about valid camera settings and manipulating white balance and exposure. you just jump on the photoshop bandwagon.

my tank aside, i think it is totally out of line to talk about my family. i do anesthesia for a living and my career affords me 4 days off a week, while allowing me to provide my family with an absolutley wonderful lifestyle. i have more time than others to do the things i enjoy, and i love my kids. i am only 26 and cant wait to keep watching them grow and grow!!

bass, please get a life. the fact that you are spending soo much time analyzing my photos shows that you obviously have nothing better to do.

i invite you to please post pics of your tank on this thread, along with the techniques used to shoot your photos. then you may get some respect.

Corey just because some of use think there's something strange about your pics does not make us moron's. You posted these pics looking for feedback. Not all of it is going to be butt kissing feedback.

On a side note lets not talk about people's kids...

despot--- your right. you are not a moron for providing feedback. you become a moron when you accuse, and are provided information, and instead of investigating upon the information and/or trying it out for yourself, you continue to remain close minded and accuse.

i saw your tank pics and they are nice. if you would have spent as much time as i have experiementing with your camera and shooting in different lighting, i can tell you your pics would be much better. especially if you switched color temps on your MH. you have some nice corals and you would absolutely "#### your pants" if you saw that yuma you have under 20K. the potential is definately there.

i thought these might me a little more visually pleasing for those of you who cant stand the sight of my tank!!!! LOL ........enjoy.

Archived