Coral Vue Hydros

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

Just had a look at some of the eshopps overflows they look really nice actually i will have to have a think about this, as much as i want to do it i might wait abit to be honest. I would really love a sump set up however i think im going to research this for a few week's first before purchasing anything. However i do already have an unused return pump and the tank without baffles.. so i dont need to much really to get it up and running but we shall see.

Thank you very much for your feedback has really helped me in thinking of new ideas and hearing other people experiences :)

What is the size of your sump also sorry? :happy:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your tank looks beautiful. GSP look pretty. But, I am having hard time controlling it. It can spread very quickly and impossible to kill. You may want to isolate GSP from the rest of the LR. My biggest mistake is introducing GSP and pom pom xenia. I recently found an LFS that takes xenia and so far they have given me around $10 for a small xenia frag an I have sold them a bunch. My tank expenses are now covered by xenia sale. Otherwise I wouldnt keep xenia either.

teamschreiba
Just had a look at some of the eshopps overflows they look really nice actually i will have to have a think about this, as much as i want to do it i might wait abit to be honest. I would really love a sump set up however i think im going to research this for a few week's first before purchasing anything. However i do already have an unused return pump and the tank without baffles.. so i dont need to much really to get it up and running but we shall see.

Thank you very much for your feedback has really helped me in thinking of new ideas and hearing other people experiences :)

What is the size of your sump also sorry? :happy:

I'm glad to help!! But yeah it sounds like you have most of the essentials. The only reason I didn't go with the eshopps is because I knew the MAME would have a cleaner look to it. My sump is 24x14x14 but the water level only goes to about 7" so. I think I filled it with ~10 gallons of water when I started it up.

teamschreiba
Your tank looks beautiful. GSP look pretty. But, I am having hard time controlling it. It can spread very quickly and impossible to kill. You may want to isolate GSP from the rest of the LR. My biggest mistake is introducing GSP and pom pom xenia. I recently found an LFS that takes xenia and so far they have given me around $10 for a small xenia frag an I have sold them a bunch. My tank expenses are now covered by xenia sale. Otherwise I wouldnt keep xenia either.

Thanks! And yeah I already have the GSP isolated to that rock on the far end of the tank which isn't touching any other rocks. My xenia is extremely easy to peel up so I'm not too worried about that. I've been tearing out about 1 stalk every two weeks just to keep it under control and where I want it. I wish someone wanted it because I feel kind of bad just throwing it away. Although I know it will just come right back :P

Hey Schreiba, Great tank dude its very inspiring. I just started my ADA 60-P build and hoping to get such great results and pics as you.

I have one question. Where did you get those brackets you have holding up your light fixture? I like the curved metal look and I need something similar to hold my AI Sol.

Thanks man and keep up the great work!

teamschreiba
Hey Schreiba, Great tank dude its very inspiring. I juts started my ADA 60-P build and hoping to get such great results and pics as you.

I have one question. Where did you get those brackets you have holding up your light fixture? I like the curved metal look and I need something similar to hold my AI Sol.

Thanks man and keep up the great work!

Thanks HDreef!! It's just steel pipe I got at home depot and spray painted black. It's a simple DIY since I only had to put the pieces together and paint. You might even be able to get away with just using one pipe since I'm sure the Al Sol is much lighter than my fixture :P

Let me know if you need any more detailed instructions and I'll be happy to help!

What kind of pipe is it? Did you have to curve it or did it come pre-curved?

I just re-read your whole thread and the more I look at your pics the more I love your tank and photography! I think you may have a future in underwater photography. ;) I have to say these are some of the best pics around. Great job!!

Actually now that I see it looks like the same idea I had. You used an elbow to connect the pipes. MY only problem was when I got home I realized that the elbow didn't make a perfect 90 degree angle so my light fixture was not level and titled to one side (I am installing from the side instead of the rear like yours) But now that I see yours, I may have to go with the two from behind and hang the fixture instead of bolting it directly to the pipe. Eh lol decisions decisions.

teamschreiba
What kind of pipe is it? Did you have to curve it or did it come pre-curved?

I just re-read your whole thread and the more I look at your pics the more I love your tank and photography! I think you may have a future in underwater photography. ;) I have to say these are some of the best pics around. Great job!!

I think it is just galvanized steel pipe. If you go to the PVC section at home depot or lowes you should see it, it comes in lots of different sizes. And yeah its the 90 degree elbows combined with a mounting plate on the bottom plus some end caps. If you can't find a specific size that you want they can cut it for you at the store too. I also wanted to go with just one support but I decided that since my fixture is pretty heavy I should probably make it as sturdy as possible while still looking good ;)

Thanks for the compliment as well!! That would pretty much be a dream for me, to combine photography and marine aquatics and get paid to do it!

teamschreiba

Quick update: I was gone for a week to Maine and everything survived okay while I was gone other than the glass being pretty disgusting :P My red planet is really starting to color up as it is developing a green base, I'll try and get a picture of it up soon. It's nice to be away from the tank so you can really see how much things grow in a week too. And since I know everyone likes pictures here's a couple I took during the week even though they're not reef related...

6023668418_74a5f49219_z.jpg

6027605874_520c5f2c10_z.jpg

6027649908_7326926090_z.jpg

teamschreiba
Damn dude, I love the shot of the light house. The resolution is so clean.

Thanks!! I was pretty excited with how it turned out as well. The puffin shots are cropped quite a bit so they don't look nearly as good as the lighthouse one.

teamschreiba
Oh no I mean the bird shots are great! I just like the lighthouse more than birds lol.

No worries man!! I completely agree with you :happy: I was happy to get any decent shots of the puffins at all lol

teamschreiba
Nice shots man! Where in Maine did you go? That's my home away from home...

Thanks! It was a small town called New Harbor but I also spent time in Portland and Camden. The lighthouse in the picture is the Pemaquid Point Lighthouse.

Daym bro.. that shot of the light house is hella tyte! Nice Job! i like those birds too!

Thanks d'Espresso!

Archived