Top Shelf Aquatics

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking exactly like yours but with a different twist! Can u tell me exactly inches of Height, lenght, and depth the tank is. Thanks

I was wondering if I could use my maxspect G2 160 for this setup hmmmm.

teamschreiba
Looking forward to the conversion :D

Me too!!

I am thinking exactly like yours but with a different twist! Can u tell me exactly inches of Height, lenght, and depth the tank is. Thanks

I was wondering if I could use my maxspect G2 160 for this setup hmmmm.

Yeah its 24"L x 12"W x 7" T4. You should definitely go for a 60-F though! What do you have in mind for it?

teamschreiba

New FTS!!

5941266001_11389073e2_z.jpg

There's still some microbubbles on the MAME that will clear up eventually and make it look a little more clear. Lets see who can spot the new addition too!

Such an awesome tank...

Edit: Haha, sorry I forgot I already gave you a compliment before. Keep it up! Also is that a new clam? How is it doing in there?

teamschreiba
Nice!

(it's the clam, right? :P)

Thanks! And yeah it's an ORA Derasa :happy:

Looks good! Any pics of sump and equip?

Thanks! And no not yet, I'll try and get some up soon though.

teamschreiba
Such an awesome tank...

Edit: Haha, sorry I forgot I already gave you a compliment before. Keep it up! Also is that a new clam? How is it doing in there?

I appreciate it! And it seems to be doing really well so far. I had a clam in my old tank but I think the lighting wasn't strong enough or maybe I didn't have good enough water quality so it didn't make it :( I feel like I know a lot more now though and the lighting and water parameters should be much better this time around!

i want to see pics of the sump and return, this is my next tank , maybe, and thou my idea it's a little different i think your setup is very helpful. i might not be able to set up mine in 6 to 8 months.

teamschreiba
i want to see pics of the sump and return, this is my next tank , maybe, and thou my idea it's a little different i think your setup is very helpful. i might not be able to set up mine in 6 to 8 months.

I'll get some pictures of the sump up soon :happy: And the return is built into the MAME so I have an eheim 1048 as my return pump. Were you thinking of doing a shallow tank or a 60-F?

teamschreiba
same as yours

60-f

You should definitely get one! Do you have any specific plans in mind for it?

You should definitely get one! Do you have any specific plans in mind for it?

Sure I'll PM you, it sounds silly but I don't want to spoiled it.

teamschreiba
Sure I'll PM you, it sounds silly but I don't want to spoiled it.

Lol alright, I can't wait to hear it!

teamschreiba

So I have a problem... When I turn off the return pump to feed my fish, the water siphons out of the main tank through the return into the sump pretty quickly. There's plenty of space in the sump so I'm not worried about a flood but since the return tube is so low (considering the 60-F is a shallow tank) it would drain enough water that a lot of my corals would be exposed. Is there any safe way to stop the reverse siphon when I turn the return pump off? I know that check valves are not great for aquariums so I was wondering if I have any other options. Thanks guys!!

teamschreiba
I use a check valve and it works just fine.

Alright thanks hype! I'll look into that then.

teamschreiba
If you have a power outage, will the display tank overflow when the water power turns back on?

The MAME has a siphon recovery feature so it is supposed to be able to recover from a power outage. I'll have to test it out once I get the check valve installed. Luckily there are rarely power outages in my area but I don't want to take a chance of my tank overflowing either.

Archived