Coral Vue Hydros

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba

Thanks hype! And not exactly...The white wall behind the tank kind of messes up the color temperature. It honestly has a color more similar to your FTS lol. I'll try making a video or a new picture like in my sig that might help better represent what the tank actually looks like.

teamschreiba

New angle shot :happy: This is a little closer to what color temperature actually is but I still haven't fully captured it. I'll try and take a video soon.

5837332537_cf168a72fd_z.jpg

I'm also really starting to want a sump to get the ATO and mangroves out of the display. I'm starting to plan everything out now and I'm looking for some input about skimmers. I was thinking about this because I'm sure one day I'll have a tank larger than this. But will this skimmer be too overkill for my tank? I appreciate any suggestions!

Lee Van Reef

Eh, get the biggest one you can fit in the sump. It overkill, but not CRAZY overkill.Also, you can feed the tank more heavily and what not with it.

Also, nice shot!

teamschreiba
Eh, get the biggest one you can fit in the sump. It overkill, but not CRAZY overkill.Also, you can feed the tank more heavily and what not with it.

Also, nice shot!

Thanks! And yeah that's what I was thinking I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be too much. Now I need to decide how big of a sump I want and whether or not to make it myself...

I really need to get a good camera

Lol yeah I'm loving my new Canon. I need another lens other than the macro but it's serving me pretty well so far. I haven't sold my Nikon D60 so you can PM me about it if you're interested ;)

New angle shot :happy: This is a little closer to what color temperature actually is but I still haven't fully captured it. I'll try and take a video soon.

5837332537_cf168a72fd_z.jpg

I'm also really starting to want a sump to get the ATO and mangroves out of the display. I'm starting to plan everything out now and I'm looking for some input about skimmers. I was thinking about this because I'm sure one day I'll have a tank larger than this. But will this skimmer be too overkill for my tank? I appreciate any suggestions!

Thats a really good skimmer from what ive heard. You can never overdo it on a skimmer IMO Buy the biggest and most efficient you can afford and fit in your sump.

Tank looks great BTW. How are you liking the color temp?

teamschreiba
Thats a really good skimmer from what ive heard. You can never overdo it on a skimmer IMO Buy the biggest and most efficient you can afford and fit in your sump.

Tank looks great BTW. How are you liking the color temp?

Thanks hype! I'll take your advice and probably pick up that skimmer soon then :) The only thing I'll have left to buy then is a sump and a return pump. Any ideas on where to buy a nice pre-made sump? I've looked on a lot of websites but haven't found anything reasonably priced that looks like it would work.

I'm loving the color temp though it's perfect. Not too blue but all the colors still pop and it has a pretty natural look as well. You saved me a lot of trouble searching for the bulbs too ;) I really appreciate all your help with everything and I hope one day I can return the favor somehow!

Thanks hype! I'll take your advice and probably pick up that skimmer soon then :) The only thing I'll have left to buy then is a sump and a return pump. Any ideas on where to buy a nice pre-made sump? I've looked on a lot of websites but haven't found anything reasonably priced that looks like it would work.

I'm loving the color temp though it's perfect. Not too blue but all the colors still pop and it has a pretty natural look as well. You saved me a lot of trouble searching for the bulbs too ;) I really appreciate all your help with everything and I hope one day I can return the favor somehow!

What size sump can you fit in your stand?

No problem bud thats what this site is all about. Im kind of fanatic about color temp so i play around with alot of different bulb combinations.

oh BTW you should pick up a spring washer to clean your lily pipes. It does an incredible job.

Heres some pics of mine..

springwasher.jpg

Before

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

teamschreiba

Well since my stand is from ikea it's split up into four little sections so I was actually thinking of putting the sump behind my tank so it's still not really visible. I have about a 24"x18" area behind my tank too.

And yeah I have a spring washer it's just that the algae grows so fast with the new lights I don't feel like cleaning it out all the time lol. I could probably use the ADA one though because mine is a little too big for the pipes.

man i can't believe how amazing this tank looks. you do realize i come by this thread atleast once or twice a day just to look at the pictures lol. great job man. it can't be said enough.

Any ideas on where to buy a nice pre-made sump?

Best place is Advanced Acrylics, there seems to be nothing in his store but I would try to email John the owner. He built me a sump, decided to go sumpless just on the KISS theory. I would rather do 2 small water changes a week then drop $$$ and hassle of setting up a sump.

here is a pic of what he made me:

IMG_1001.jpg

teamschreiba
man i can't believe how amazing this tank looks. you do realize i come by this thread atleast once or twice a day just to look at the pictures lol. great job man. it can't be said enough.

Thanks gabe that really means a lot to me!! I try and take as many pictures as I can too without being too repetitive :P

teamschreiba
Best place is Advanced Acrylics, there seems to be nothing in his store but I would try to email John the owner. He built me a sump, decided to go sumpless just on the KISS theory. I would rather do 2 small water changes a week then drop $$$ and hassle of setting up a sump.

here is a pic of what he made me:

IMG_1001.jpg

Thanks racer! I've checked those out before but nothing seemed to fit what I was looking for. I'll definitely consider asking him about a custom built one though. And yeah I figure I'll probably be upgrading to a larger tank at some point so I'll be able to reuse all the equipment I buy. I've been doing well with just water changes so far but I think I can benefit from a skimmer too. And this way I'll be able to get my ATO out of the display :happy:

Thanks racer! I've checked those out before but nothing seemed to fit what I was looking for. I'll definitely consider asking him about a custom built one though. And yeah I figure I'll probably be upgrading to a larger tank at some point so I'll be able to reuse all the equipment I buy. I've been doing well with just water changes so far but I think I can benefit from a skimmer too. And this way I'll be able to get my ATO out of the display :happy:

If you are thinking of getting a custom sump done, try contacting NewbieReefer. He is great to deal with, and his sumps are A+ work. He's making one for me right now! I've bought from him before, great guy, great seller, great craftsmanship.

teamschreiba
If you are thinking of getting a custom sump done, try contacting NewbieReefer. He is great to deal with, and his sumps are A+ work. He's making one for me right now! I've bought from him before, great guy, great seller, great craftsmanship.

Thanks for letting me know I'll have to look into that! I need to start thinking about how many chambers I want and how big I want this thing to be...

teamschreiba
Ah man I was excited to see someone running similar filtration to mine. Good luck with the sump though!

Thanks! And don't worry it works great and is pretty simple to deal with. I just want the ATO out of the display and to be able to add things like a skimmer, controller, etc especially for down the road whenever I decide to upgrade ;)

teamschreiba
This is a truly inspirational tank for me. I would love to make something similar!

Thanks TMG! Shallow tanks are great and I would recommend them to anyone.

teamschreiba

Well I have the skimmer and return pump ordered :happy: I went with the Reef Octopus NWB-110 and the Eheim 1048. And I may already have already bought an overflow ;) All I need now is a sump to put it all in but I still can't decide whether to try and build it myself or buy one.

Archived