Cultivated Reef

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks gabe! And you definitely should set it up again, you and hype were some of the reasons I got this tank in the first place. The sand is looking even better now with the all the snails from reefcleaners too :happy:

:wub: what i helped inspire a tank. sweet! i may need to set up a simple office tank.

Which Canister are you using on this tank? I believe you told me an Eheim 2213 a while ago but I can't remember. Do the 13mm Lily Pipes fit directly onto the tubing of the canister? Thanks!

teamschreiba
Love those ADA tanks, especially the shallow ones. Very nice.

Thanks! I love seeing all the new shallow tanks too. There seems to be more popping up recently.

:wub: what i helped inspire a tank. sweet! i may need to set up a simple office tank.

Yeah man I probably wouldn't have known the 60-F existed without you guys. And yeah you should definitely get another one setup.

Which Canister are you using on this tank? I believe you told me an Eheim 2213 a while ago but I can't remember. Do the 13mm Lily Pipes fit directly onto the tubing of the canister? Thanks!

I have the eheim 2232 actually. And yeah they do I just put some zipties where the tubing connects to the lily pipes because one was dripping a little and just for some added security.

I have the eheim 2232 actually. And yeah they do I just put some zipties where the tubing connects to the lily pipes because one was dripping a little and just for some added security.

Thanks for the reply. What size tubing does the 2232 have?

teamschreiba
Thanks for the reply. What size tubing does the 2232 have?

No problem. It has a 12mm ID and a 16mm OD. I got the 13mm lily pipes though.

No problem. It has a 12mm ID and a 16mm OD. I got the 13mm lily pipes though.

Good to know. I looked it up and the 13mm lily pipes will fit the 2213. The Aquatic Magic ones seem like a good option and so do the GLA ones.

Thanks for your help, this tank is really an inspiration for me! :)

teamschreiba
Good to know. I looked it up and the 13mm lily pipes will fit the 2213. The Aquatic Magic ones seem like a good option and so do the GLA ones.

Thanks for your help, this tank is really an inspiration for me! :)

Yeah they're definitely a good choice since they're much cheaper than the ADA ones. And no problem, I'm glad I could help you out and I look forward to seeing your tank setup!!

teamschreiba

Just got my order of 6 new SPS pieces and an emerald crab in this morning from vivid aquariums :happy: Everything was packed extremely well and all the pieces are larger than advertised. Some of them are even showing PE already. I'll try and get April's FTS up sometime soon too along with some shots of the new SPS.

Drift Monkey

New SPS pieces look great TS! B) Also...I've been gathering a few items and it looks like 60-F project is gonna start sooner than I thought. ;)

ADG should have some in by the end of next week...we'll see!

teamschreiba
New SPS pieces look great TS! B) Also...I've been gathering a few items and it looks like 60-F project is gonna start sooner that I thought. ;)

ADG should have some in by the end of next week...we'll see!

Thanks Drift! And that's awesome you're getting it together quick. Do you already have everything you need to set it up?

Drift Monkey
Thanks Drift! And that's awesome you're getting it together quick. Do you already have everything you need to set it up?

Everything but the 60-F, an ATO, and an inline heater is pretty much spoken for (and those are well within reach)! :D

teamschreiba
Everything but the 60-F, an ATO, and an inline heater is pretty much spoken for (and those are well within reach)! :D

Nice! You don't need the ATO to get it setup initially which is good. Are you reusing live rock or starting from scratch?

Drift Monkey
Nice! You don't need the ATO to get it setup initially which is good. Are you reusing live rock or starting from scratch?

Yeah...but it'd be nice to have one though, in case I leave at all during the summer. I'm probably gonna be starting from scratch, I think I'm gonna keep the pico and make it a maxi-mini/sexy shrimp tank...I might even plumb it into the 60-F somehow but I haven't really thought it out. :P

I'm trying to decide if I wanna go all fiji LR or base rock from reefcleaners or somewhere for the build though. Never used base rock ever though...hmmm...

teamschreiba
Yeah...but it'd be nice to have one though, in case I leave at all during the summer. I'm probably gonna be starting from scratch, I think I'm gonna keep the pico and make it a maxi-mini/sexy shrimp tank...I might even plumb it into the 60-F somehow but I haven't really thought it out. :P

I'm trying to decide if I wanna go all fiji LR or base rock from reefcleaners or somewhere for the build though. Never used base rock ever though...hmmm...

Oh yeah you'll definitely want an ATO eventually I was just thinking to get it setup. But that sounds like a pretty good plan. I used the rock from my old tank but I kind of wish I had used new rock so I could have picked some smaller pieces. I'd have a tough time deciding what to do too :P

teamschreiba

Haha I'll take that as a compliment :P The birdsnest is definitely one of the quickest growers in my tank though.

teamschreiba

Soooo I really wanted to be able to take some videos of the tank and felt like it was time to upgrade the DSLR so I went ahead and got the canon t3i :happy: Also got a macro lens with it instead of the kit lens so here's a couple shots with it...

5655477007_9722ff046c_z.jpg

5656063368_a6ebde0186_z.jpg

teamschreiba

New FTS up :happy:

5655657623_a4a90026a2_z.jpg

What do you guys think about the mangroves? All three have sprouted roots but no leaves yet...

Archived