Coral Vue Hydros

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

teamschreiba

Hopefully I'll have the March FTS up sometime tonight. But in the meantime I've been contemplating an idea. I've been thinking about taking out the GSP rock altogether and replacing it with a much smaller/flat rock. I feel like this would let me turn down the MP10 since the rocks in the back would then be getting more direct flow instead of the GSP rock. This should reduce the sandstorms without sacrificing any flow for the SPS too. Thoughts??

Here's a picture of what it might look like...

5490429896_10ff4f0e71_z.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba

Well I took some shots today but wasn't satisfied with any of the FTS so I'll try again tomorrow. I did get this shot though :happy: Added the border just to help with the brightness of the sand.

5490064263_be93e12f61_z.jpg

teamschreiba
how abut breakin up the GSP rock? i like it a lot.

That's actually a really good idea. I still did want to keep the GSP I just wanted it on a smaller rock but breaking it up should work really well. I'll definitely think about trying that thanks!

those acans are sweet. im going to try to build up small collection of acan mini colonies too

Thanks! And yeah that's my plan. I feed them usually once a week and the growth so far is outstanding :happy:

whats that eggcrate in there for :huh:

I just cut a small piece as kind of a frag rack buried in the sand haha. The frags kept shifting around so that's just a way to keep them in place. Usually you can't see it, just some of the sand blew off the top.

• 2 weeks later...
teamschreiba
Any new pictures ?

I actually just got back from my spring break trip to ESPN the weekend last night so and I'm back up in northern Virginia. I brought my livestock in a 5 gallon storage bin with the GSP rock, k-nano, cheapo 50/50 bulb, and a heater so that's my tank right now :P The ADA is back at school with all the corals since I have the ATO I figured there was no need to break it all down and bring it home for a week. I'll be back at school on Sunday though so once I do a WC and clean up the glass I'll try and get some shots up :happy:

teamschreiba
You'd better have your lily pipes by then....

Yeah I hope that they're waiting for me at my apartment when I get back. I already picked up the clear tubing so I'm ready to get it setup :)

Yeah I hope that they're waiting for me at my apartment when I get back. I already picked up the clear tubing so I'm ready to get it setup :)

I'm not sure I told you already, but when you do get the pipes be VERY careful. The clear tubing that I use is a little bit loose for my pipes, so I had to cram them up pretty high to make sure they were fully sealed, but remember if you do this to be careful not to break them.

teamschreiba
I'm not sure I told you already, but when you do get the pipes be VERY careful. The clear tubing that I use is a little bit loose for my pipes, so I had to cram them up pretty high to make sure they were fully sealed, but remember if you do this to be careful not to break them.

Alright thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be really careful with them especially because it'd be like another 3 week wait +$50 for new ones.

teamschreiba
Quite beautiful.

I got back to my tank today and thankfully there were no issues while I was gone, just some reallyyyy dirty glass. Unfortunately the lily pipes haven't arrived yet so I'm probably going to hold off on the FTS until they come in. It's fun to see how much your corals grow in only one week while you're gone and can't look at the tank everyday. My SPS also seem to be coloring up incredibly well too, I'll try and get some shots of those up soon.

You are a brave man to go the glassware route. I used glass on my dual ADA planted setup and it was a pain to keep clean. Are you going with extra sets so you can just swap in new glass when you're cleaning and soaking the dirty set? Even then it's a chore to get the tubing off. I broke my share doing it. Then I switched to a quick disconnect valve and that wasn't too pretty. Even with clean glass you'll have dirty hoses unless you clean that regularly as well.

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything. Just sharing my experience. Maybe I missed something that would've made it easier to maintain and better to look at? Educate me! Haha. Nice tank btw.

I clean mine weekly with the spring washer, super quick and easy. I don't have a problem getting my tubing off either. Its one of those things that if you don't let it get bad in the first place you won't have issues.

But for tanks as nice and clean as ADAs, you can't really slack off :happy:

teamschreiba

Thanks for the advice madfx! I guess that's why I'm going with the cheaper pipes to see how it goes.

But yeah I know what you mean schg. I think I'm perpetually cleaning my glass but I don't really mind it because it looks great. I'll just add cleaning the pipes to the weekly WC routine. You should have seen how disgusting the tank looked when I left it for only a week for spring break though, definitely can't get lazy with these things.

teamschreiba

Well I missed the shipment of the lily pipes today but I will be picking them up from the post office tomorrow :D So hopefully I'll have a new FTS within the next week. In the meantime I took these two shots today to show the PE on this particular SPS. It continues to get more colorful as well which I'm pretty excited about

5535826077_47595bd36b_z.jpg

After the cleaner shrimp sat on it :P

5536407680_496e6e42ee_z.jpg

teamschreiba
Your tank looks so well lit, so crisp. Why is it that other tanks under par38 don't look like this?

Thanks!! Have you ever seen a par38 tank in person? They're pretty hard to photograph well so I think a lot of people have trouble capturing what they look like in person. It definitely takes a little photo editing.

I got the lily pipes installed last night though and they're working and looking great so far. Now I just need to get creative with a new mount for the osmolator since it sticks out even more than before. I'll try and get some pics up as soon as I can though. In the meantime here's one I took the other day :happy:

5535843095_fe1619d432_z.jpg

amazing tank! you're getting beautiful color from the PAR 38s. I am setting up an 11 gallon tank and was wondering if you would suggest 2x 20k or 1x 20k and 1x 12k like you have.

teamschreiba
amazing tank! you're getting beautiful color from the PAR 38s. I am setting up an 11 gallon tank and was wondering if you would suggest 2x 20k or 1x 20k and 1x 12k like you have.

Thanks!! I prefer the 50/50 because I think the colors mesh great in the middle of the tank and it still has a slightly more natural look to it.

Here it is :happy:

March 2011 FTS:

5540505361_aff6cf5ac4_z.jpg

teamschreiba
Ahhhhh sexy! I love it.

Thanks!! I was extra careful with the pipes like you said ;) My clear tubing was actually a little too loose and it was leaking slowly so I added some clear zipties to make the create a better seal and it's working great so far.

Looks awesome ts

Thanks hype! Now I just need a solution to clean up the ATO and I'll be happy :happy:

Archived