Cultivated Reef

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

Great pics!

i didn't notice you were in Dumfries,im in Manassas.

I've debated a MKIV R, but wifey wants me to keep a 4dr for when we has kiddies.

That's when I said an STI has 4 doors. Then she said she hates hood scoops, and wants me to stay euro. <_<

I think I'm going to end up getting a E46 at some point they way this is working out lol.

The new Rs are nice looking though, I honestly would drive the hell out of one if I had it available.

Audi A3/S3! ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great pics!

i didn't notice you were in Dumfries,im in Manassas.

Audi A3/S3! ;)

Thanks!!! And yeah right now I'm at college at Virginia Tech but that's where my parents live. Did you get hit with that crazy snow storm?? I hope your power didn't get knocked out like a lot of people around there

So I've been thinking a lot recently about adding another fish to my tank... However, with the shallow tank I would be paranoid about fish jumping and really do not want a lid/screen on the tank. I would add another clown but I would also be worried that since my clown has been alone for about a year now that he wouldn't get along with a new one. This probably doesn't leave too many choices except for maybe gobies? Any thoughts/suggestions??

Just got my inline heater installed today and I'll try and have some pics up later today :D Gotta love how it frees up more real estate inside the tank

Here's some new shots :D No more wires going out of the tank so now I just need to find a way to hide the wires for the lights and get some lily pipes. You can also see all the new frags in the sand in these shots which will eventually be attached to the rock.

5403237172_59e155c7de.jpg

5403232370_94f71e1fe0.jpg

looks fantastic ts

Thanks rehype!! I gotta give you a lot of credit for inspiring me to do this tank with your retired 60-F ;)

Beautiful design. I especially love the stand.

I love love the rimless look with the larger stand platform. Brilliant work so far!

Thanks!! I originally had a smaller stand that was the exact dimensions of the tank but I didn't like the look and it didn't seem as stable as this one. I really like this look as well and I have more space underneath the tank too. Now I just need a way to hide those wires for the lights...

I kinda thought i had something to do with how awesome this tank looks j/k :P:D But seriously you've done an amazing job so far ts. Glad i could help give you some ideas.

Haha thanks again!!! You really did though :lol: I knew I wanted a shallow tank but I probably wouldn't have been able to come up with some of things I did without your inspiration. The only kicker with this tank is that the evap is crazy. I don't if its just my apartment or what but I wish I had a sump so I could have an ATO so I wouldn't be topping off like 2-3 times a day.

The only kicker with this tank is that the evap is crazy. I don't if its just my apartment or what but I wish I had a sump so I could have an ATO so I wouldn't be topping off like 2-3 times a day.

Yea i agree with you about the evap its insane. You will have to add an ATO by the time it hits summer because you wont be able to keep up with the evap.

Yea i agree with you about the evap its insane. You will have to add an ATO by the time it hits summer because you wont be able to keep up with the evap.

Yeahhhh I'm not looking forward to that but it's inevitable. I couldn't even imagine having halides over this tank too.

Man that is one sleek looking tank. I see you got the R32. I can't wait to get rid of my VW. I have had nothing but problems with mine.

Thanks!! But yeah my first VW had a ton of problems but the R has been good to me so far :D

Well hopefully you got a good one. It seems some will run forever problem free then others break down all the time, never a median.

Whoa! Beautiful tank!

Thanks!! I really appreciate all the great comments guys and I'll try and have some new pics up today :D

Here's a new SPS frag I got last week just starting to show some PE. I thought this was cool too because you can see the green glow from polyps of the mint chip monti behind the frag :happy:

5410852547_f890a9c540.jpg

Very very nice looking. I don't like the 20k look usually but it looks awesome in your tank!

Thanks!! It doesn't look quite as 20k in person but its still pretty blue :P

Here's a couple new perspectives on the tank... :happy:

The first one is kind of the ugly side of my ADA but I thought it looked cool with the MP10 controller lit up. The second is really the only good angle I can get on my monti and birdsnest without a shot from above. And the last one is where my clown spends 90% of his time hosting the xenia on the backside of the tank haha

5414414201_31caf5cc69.jpg

5415031832_fa414c0c85.jpg

5415037444_5919fde7e8.jpg

damn this tank is ugly! Let me know if I can help you get rid of it! Keep up the good work I love the 60-F but I think I am going to now go with a custom 24 x 24 x 8 tank

Archived