Pod Your Reef

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
A sump ;)

Haha I know that'd be perfect. But then I would want a display fuge, skimmer, etc...... And all the money I dropped on the inline heater/canister filter/lily pipes would be for nothing :P

teamschreiba
Very nice!!!!! Love the colors and the pop from the LED's Great Job!

Thanks MD!

Awesome shots ts your sps look really happy.

Thanks hype! They've been showing more and more PE every week. Also I recently switched from tropic marin salt to DD H20 and I've been seeing even better PE since then too :happy:

teamschreiba
Super nice, clean setup. Makes me want to do a 60-F...

Thanks drift. Do ittttttt! I love seeing what other people do with this tank.

I love this tank.

Thanks!

This is by far one of the cleanest tanks on this site! I love it! Are you feeding your tank regularly to get so much growth?

Drift Monkey

Let us know how hard it is to keep the lilly pipes/tubing clean! I can't really tell from the shot but you might be able to squeeze the osmolator sensor between the pipes and try to hide it a bit more. Not sure how else I'd try to hide it...

I wish I had the dough to start a 60-F right now, I'd def want all the fancy toys you have right now. College student income = 0...I don't see how ya do it. :P I guess I'll just mess with my picotope until I run into some cash...but when I do...this looks like the ticket!

teamschreiba
This is by far one of the cleanest tanks on this site! I love it! Are you feeding your tank regularly to get so much growth?

Thanks! I only feed my acans mysis once, maybe twice a week. I don't feed any SPS type food though.

teamschreiba
Let us know how hard it is to keep the lilly pipes/tubing clean! I can't really tell from the shot but you might be able to squeeze the osmolator sensor between the pipes and try to hide it a bit more. Not sure how else I'd try to hide it...

I wish I had the dough to start a 60-F right now, I'd def want all the fancy toys you have right now. College student income = 0...I don't see how ya do it. :P I guess I'll just mess with my picotope until I run into some cash...but when I do...this looks like the ticket!

Yeah I will definitely let you know, I cleaned them this past WC and seemed pretty easy but I'm sure it will continue to get tougher. That's a good idea about hiding the osmolator though, I may try that out at least to see how it looks.

But yeah I still know the feeling, I got the actual tank and canister filter as a xmas present so that helped and my lighting was from my last tank. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have gotten the osmolator except for the fact that this tank has ridiculous evap and if you're gone for like 24 hours you're going to have a significant salinity swing. Good luck though and hopefully one day I'll see you with a 60-F thread :P Thanks for stopping in!

teamschreiba

So I was messing around with the osmolator today and decided to take a picture with it off just to see what it looks like :happy:

5575019188_5c0d44326f_z.jpg

Lee Van Reef

Looks great! Your tank is pretty much one of the main reasons I'm selling my setup to downgrade!

How well would you say the par38's cover the tank? I have the option of getting either 2 par38's or a 24 led custom fixture and I don't know what direction to go.

Also, whats your routine besides cleaning the filters every week and what not? Do you dose anything?

Sorry for the questions, I just really love this setup! :D

teamschreiba
Looks great! Your tank is pretty much one of the main reasons I'm selling my setup to downgrade!

How well would you say the par38's cover the tank? I have the option of getting either 2 par38's or a 24 led custom fixture and I don't know what direction to go.

Also, whats your routine besides cleaning the filters every week and what not? Do you dose anything?

Sorry for the questions, I just really love this setup! :D

Thanks! I'm glad I influenced you to make the switch ;)

I think they cover the tank extremely well though. The only limiting factor would be if you wanted to keep SPS in every location in the tank. But I think it works well because there's a lot of space to keep SPS but along the edges the light isn't as strong so I keep the acans there.

I don't dose anything though as I haven't found the need to at this point. I do a 1.5-2 gallon WC every week and that has worked well so far. If I find any parameters beginning to drop I'll probably start dosing though. HTH and feel free to ask any other questions you have!

NaClCrocodile

Hey man, I think my next tank (Green Leaf 7.5g) is going to be done in this way. How do you like the canister filter? I'd like to do that with the lily pipes etc. Also, if you were to recommend a canister filter for a 7-8g tank, which one would you use? I should have plenty of $ from my downgrade lol. Oh, and where can I find an inline heater?

teamschreiba
Hey man, I think my next tank (Green Leaf 7.5g) is going to be done in this way. How do you like the canister filter? I'd like to do that with the lily pipes etc. Also, if you were to recommend a canister filter for a 7-8g tank, which one would you use? I should have plenty of $ from my downgrade lol. Oh, and where can I find an inline heater?

Well I'm using the eheim ecco 2232 and hydor eth 200 inline heater and I can't say I've had any problems with them to date. The reason I got them was because of the good reviews I read about them too. But one thing I would consider is getting one of the rena canister filters because they have a place to attach one of their brand's heaters so you wouldn't have to worry about mounting the inline heater. It might make everything a little simpler and more compact for you but I'm not really sure about rena's reputation with canister filters. Just something you might want to research a little.

Drift Monkey
Yeah I will definitely let you know, I cleaned them this past WC and seemed pretty easy but I'm sure it will continue to get tougher. That's a good idea about hiding the osmolator though, I may try that out at least to see how it looks.

But yeah I still know the feeling, I got the actual tank and canister filter as a xmas present so that helped and my lighting was from my last tank. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have gotten the osmolator except for the fact that this tank has ridiculous evap and if you're gone for like 24 hours you're going to have a significant salinity swing. Good luck though and hopefully one day I'll see you with a 60-F thread :P Thanks for stopping in!

Well, I got one PAR38 already...

Tanks looks super sweet w/o the osmolator...just take it out for pics... :P

teamschreiba
Well, I got one PAR38 already...

Tanks looks super sweet w/o the osmolator...just take it out for pics... :P

That's a start!

But yeah I know it really does. I'll have to clean it and the glass around it regularly so I'll try and take pictures when I do that ;)

Archived