Top Shelf Aquatics

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

Not at all maybe a lack of it. I used mag and waiting till my tank matured To rid my tank of gha. Most tanks go though algae cycles and I believe if someone continues to add more bioload during these times it prolongs it. I think waiting it out and keeping up what you've been doing as far as water changes go and minimal feeding like you are. Maybe pick up a turbo or trochis snail or two. Remove larger clumps by hand and soon enough with some patients your tank will clear up good.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to buy a turbo, but I got a little impatient (corals were getting cold) so I left. But I'm sure I'll back soon. I want to try to obtain chitons.

I'm not sure. Probaly not that big. I asked my LFS to get me some, but they havn't come through yet. When I get more money, I may have to order from reef cleaners or something.

Ph rose a bit. It is between 8.3-8.4. Salinity was 1.024 when I tested this morning.

I set my lights on a new cycle:

x2 T5's @ 9:00 am-6:00 pm

x2 T5's @ 10:00 am-7:00 pm

Fuge light @ 8:00 pm- 8:00 am

:ninja: i swiped it :ninja:

The person selling it a lot of very nice rics, but I didn't come rics...however I coudn't resit buying this one.

That's a sweet toadstool. I really like your new additions. That green slimer will grow super fast!

I had a good expierence with them in my 12g under pcs. So I wonder how fast it will grow with t5s.

the arch looks cool!

I want those clove polyps to grow over the putty I had to use to keep it in place. When it does grow over, it will look even better.

Im gonna take a pic later, don't WC water, so water level is low..also I'm not done rearagging :/.

I made one side a rock mountain, with 2 islands out on the sandbed...i want to put acans there.

I think so. Parts of the water that weren't skimmed had stuff on the surface (this was do to koralia positioning).

I asked my LFS again to get me some chitons. But for now I got 3 small turbo snails, as well as 2 nassaurius snails.

100_4148.JPG

Sandbed for acans. Lets hope my shrimp stays outa this part of the sand :) .

100_4148.JPG

Another view of the sandbed.

And a new FTS:

100_4156.JPG

There is still a major algea problem, and I think I am going to get some kind of reactor when I can afford it.

ric number 1:

100_4161.JPG

ric number 2:

100_4162.JPG

I think these are called cloves:

100_4163.JPG

100_4164.JPG

100_4165.JPG

Getting good growth with this one:

100_4172.JPG

100_4167.JPG

100_4169.JPG