Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My shrimp-proofed coral have not been moved. But now I can see a little of the pvc...maybe I should add more sand.

Also, if there is a name for that favia, what is it? Is it even a favia?

thanks. probaly going to need some chitons for sure, because i decided to buy phosban and start mag dosing again instead of getting a reactor. if people here can have clean tanks without fancy equipment, just media in little bags, then so can i :).

So my shrimp-proofing worked :). The corals I attached to the pvc have not moved.

I look out my cheato and put the chemipure elite in my AC70, along with some filter floss and the phosban. My AC30 is no longer in use. Seeing as the cheato did nothing to helpe with my algea, I decided not to use it. It actually grew GHA on it. .....that is all.

Yesterday I had mag. tested it was at:

1400 ppm.

That was before my WC. Today, after WC, I added 7ml of brightwell liquid magnesion.

Todays test results, after WC, which was yesterday:

Ph: 7.8

Kh: 9 dkh

phos: .25 ppm

cal: 400 ppm

na: 0 ppm

salinity SG: 1.025

added 1 tsp of kent Ph buffer.

Ph was a little low, and phosphate a bit high. Maybe I'll add more phosban, or wait and see if the media I have now will work later.

I know I said I wasn't going to get another harlequin...but let's face it, they're too awsome. But I also want the yellow boxer...I'll probaly get both, in time, but which one first? I can only afford one at a time.

I don't think it matters...that much. For only 1 small harlequin, a single seastar per month should do. So it would take 3 months of not seastar buying to buy 1 harlequin.

I really don't mind which, though. They are both cool little shrimp.

100_3442.jpg

hymenocerca-picta-9.jpg

Stole these from my picture thread.

Also, a quick update:

my birdsnest browned out, but i have noticed quite a bit of growth. my supperman monti lost the little bit of purple color it had on the base, but the polyps are still red. i havn't noticed growth on the superman monti or slimer acro, but they are keeping their color and have good polyp extension.

still battling phosphat problems...

I think I am going to hold off on the new shrimp, due to me wanting to take care of the algea first. But mostly becaus I want to set up a 1g planted (FW) for my room, maybe with a small shrimp or two, and a snail.

Update and picture time.

I'm happy to report some good growth on my coral. Birdsnest has grown a lot, and the monit is starting to spread onto the rock. My green slimer started bleaching a little, so I moved it up a lot higher in the tank. The color on my SPS isn't all that great, but they look ok.

My torch is almost 4 heads now, it is splitting. My frogspawn also has some baby heads growing on it. Blue palys growing a ton too. Everything else seems to be doing pretty well, but my xenia's polyps seemed to have become whiter and thinner...it is still pulsing, so I won't worry to much about it I guess.

Fish are fine, and so is the pistol. GHA still all over the tank. Pics:

P2230032.JPG

Don't know why this ric looks all shrivled, maybe to much flow. May move it, but the ric next to it seems fine:

P2230033.JPG

Can you see the baby heads?

P2230034.JPG

I think I am seeing a little skeleton on the torch, maybe do to the water flow, but I stays nice and puffy and is growing so I guess its fine.

P2230035.JPG

P2230037.JPG

P2230040.JPG

That's all...

i think i got a really good deal on darth mauls (or a morph very similar to them)...like 5 polyps for $10.

restarting my Z&P collection :D .

Archived