Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

im surprised too. i think i need to frag my birdsnest and rainbow...the bird is growing over the spongodes and if i let the rainbow grow to much, their won't be any more room for other encursting montis...

how do i frag an encrusting monti?

razor blade or something?

and my frogspawn isn't expanding as much, i fed it, but it dosn't like how it was a while ago. my candycanes arn't puffy or uncrusting their skeleton like they should b/c of hair algea...also my clown hosts my blue so that dosn't help. algea is also irritating my acans, causing them to reced...torch hasn't gotten better, either.

my palys are growing despite the algea inbetween the polyps. also i think my ric is just starting to split.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't want to destroy my rock...

also, i was only going to feed every other day, like i used to, but i already notice my blenny getting thinner with reduced feedings...so it looks like i am going to need to feed every day. but i'll rinse my food this time.

also, thanks for the nice comments people

Today I made a frag rack using zip ties, a piece of acrylic, and a magfloat. I also made a few frags: a candy apple paly frag (but i think i killed it...), an RPE paly frag, 2 small birdsnest frags, and a rainbow moni frag with two small pieces on it. Also an orange crush acan frag.

Pics?.....not now....don't feel like it.

Algea is coming back even worse...so I guess the phophate went up. Didn't change the phosban, but I really can't afford to be using it up so fast.

Thinking of getting rid of all may tank inhabitants, except for my goby and shrimp. they don't need to be fed often, and it would be too hard to get the out anyway. -_-

he...i actually do have a lego monkey! I got it like 7 years ago for christmas. It climbs a string that is hung horizontally.

been rinsing my food, and i also feed pellets.

i feed every day. i may be feeding a little much, but...my blenny.

also, my tri color val is not dying. i think it grew a little bit, and is turning green at the base.

he...i actually do have a lego monkey! I got it like 7 years ago for christmas. It climbs a string that is hung horizontally.

been rinsing my food, and i also feed pellets.

i feed every day. i may be feeding a little much, but...my blenny.

also, my tri color val is not dying. i think it grew a little bit, and is turning green at the base.

What are you feeding though and how much? I feed probably a cube of frozen per day and feed my golden dwarf moray eel a piece of squid every other day or so. I'd look into getting some bio pellets if i were you, IE Warner Marine EcoBak(what i use). Long as your skimmer is up to the task!

Hmm seeing that you don't run a skimmer? for shame, for shame :(

what? i have a skimmer. aquatic life 115 mini. going to run for 14 hours, and going to do the fishin wire mod on the impeller. i've had it for like a month.

i feed hikari, and some other things.

Ah ok, that skimmer may not be able to handle running an extra carbon source hmm.

Why not run your skimmer 24/7?

I ran that skimmer for like 6 months in my DIY 10 gallon, i wasn't overly impressed like it seemed everyone else was. It worked, but it always produced too many bubbles and was a pain taking off the collection cup then putting it on again. Adjusting the thing was fun too with that little screw that was impossible to turn unless you had midget fingers :(

im running that skimmer on my setup, seems like it took a while to break in but im getting a real nice skim out of it now after about 5 - 6 months of use :P. making sure it is at the correct water level is important with that skimmer or youll get tons of bubbles. also i tryed both the fishing line and scrubbing pad mod on the skimmer and ended up removing both. just give it time and it starts to magicaly work amazing.

the water level is well below dessired but it still works. probaly going to take the fishing line out.

thx

im having second thoughts about trading my fish...but i might take back the urchin. i think that guy is a poo factory. and hes clumsy.

also might get a phosphate reactor today.

i didn't get a reactor...because my phos. fell to .16 omgomgomg! So I cleaned my HOBs, am now using less filterfloss, and modded my AC30 with a piece from my AC70 so hopefully water will flow through the phosban at faster rate, like a reactor.

almost got this really neat acro, dark green base and stalks, but white and ice blue tips, like one of those echinatas. but my mom wouldn't let me get it :angry:

Archived