Coral Vue Hydros

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

So my dad gave me $100 cause he got a bonus...:D. I'm thinking of buying a phosphate reactor and a blue tuexedo urchin. Good bye, algea...you will not be missed.

nice!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Special ordered a blue tuxedo urchin and a yellow boxer shirmp at my LFS. It is a possibility that they will get them by wednesday, but we'll see :).

• 3 weeks later...

Blenny is going to be back in here very soon.

Going to try to find a tuxedo urchin this weekend, might even buy some corals as there is a reef meeting this week.

just got back from a reef meeting, and i picked up a sea slug! can't wait to get him in the tank, but....i'm not sure quite how to acclimate it? do i need to drip acclimate?

also got some coral:

ORA green birdsnest

blue-ish digita monit

blue tort acro

prism favia

pics most likely tomorrow.

was told it eats GHA. the LFS had a 7" one that was returned after 2mos in someone else's tank.

Hmmm. What does it look like? (Color, form, etc?)

lots of white, brown and black spots, to frills on the back, two protruding nodes on the front end, and two more nodes on the top of the head.

not even close...like the one on live aquaria (not the lettuce nudi like yours).

Is it a Sea Hare? If it is then he should take care of your algae problems, just make sure to find him a new home once he's done or he will starve.

I havn't seen the slug for a couple of days. No body, no ink, to sign of nutrient spike, algea has not been eaten, algea has not grown, it's as if it was never there.

if it's dead i'll get an urchin.

• 2 weeks later...

slug is nowhere to be found, so i will presume it dead.

but i bought a really pretty tuxedo urchin today! it is still acclimating, but it is of the orange/white variety.

• 1 month later...

nothing new...except that i've lost a few sps, because of the urchin and shrimp. one got stung by my frogspawn. my torch is dying as well.

nothing new...except that i've lost a few sps, because of the urchin and shrimp. one got stung by my frogspawn. my torch is dying as well.

aw, i'm sorry! i had the same thing happen with my torches a few months ago, it's so sad -_-

I think it's because I havn't been feeding it. Will try not to do that to my frogspawn (which is getting pretty big).

Archived