Coral Vue Hydros

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, even though the acans are like 12" away from the shrimp's burrow, he still goes out and takes them.

So I am goind to mount them on acrylic rods attached to acrylic plates. So the coral will be harder to move.

midas blenny is very active

enjoys short breaks on koralia or in his cave

will sometimes lock jaws with clown, nothing serious

Also, my dad got an Olympus 12mpg camera. I'll see if I can take some nice pics with tomorrow with the lights on.

Thanks. I saturated to pic to make my blenny look mor awsome. But it isn't that far from his true colors.

nice pics! are you ever gonna get new harlequins?

I don't think I will get any more harlequins, at least not in this tank. I don't want to pay the expense in seastars anymore. I want to a blue coral banded shrimp, but if I could get a pair of those, that would be awsome.

I found a small crab in the rock I took out of my tank and let dry outside. I didn't look reef safe, but I never noticed any munched coral. It's dead now...that made md kind of sad :(...

I don't think I have enough for a reactor just yet. Just need to save my money...and it will give me more time to see if I can do anything without spending more money in order to solve my algea problem.

Maybe I'll try some GFO in my AC 30, and some plain carbon in there as well or in my AC 70.

Also I should start mag. dosing again.

And here are some pics:

P2030015.JPG

P2030008.JPG

P2030015.JPG

I think this pistol might be my most favorite reef critter :).

P1300003.JPG

Pic taken on super macro setting on the olympus.

thanks...i had some trouble tying to get the pic to be less blue. but the whiter it was, the sand kind of ate up the color of the shrimp and goby...still learning.

I finally got around to shrimp-proofing my coral :). I built two simple pedastals using pvc and acrylic:

the supplies:

P2060023.jpg

cut pvc into small pieces like this:

P2060024.jpg

put some reef gel on the pieces:

P2060025.jpg

put the pieces on the acrylic:

P2060027.jpg

installed in the sand:

P2060029.jpg

P2060030.jpg

glued the coral on them:

P2060031.jpg

oh, and i got a new coral, i think it is a favia of some sort:

P2060032.jpg

also got some phosban and modded my fuge a little to accomodate it:

P2060034.jpg

i put the fuge light on the bottom of the fuge, so hopefully to reduce light going into the tank at night:

P2060035.jpg

I almost bought a small yellow coral banded shrimp, but it was really small and i was worried of it being attacked by my fish or the pistol. so i passed...so i'll wait until i can get a bigger one, i guess.

Archived