FTS as of 5/29/11

DSCN0457.JPG

Priest's hat urchin:

DSCN0458.JPG

Polyps are redder in person:

DSCN0459.JPG

Pretty sure this is a prism favia:

DSCN0461.JPG

Clown & Candy cane (candy cane looks a little bad because it spent a lot of tim in on/in the sand)

DSCN0462.JPG

I do believe this a monti, an positive ID would be nice:

DSCN0464.JPG

Mah pistol (through dirty glass):

DSCN0465.JPG

Mushroom and cave:

DSCN0467.JPG

Blenny:

DSCN0470.JPG

Blenny swimming:

DSCN0472.JPG

That branching monti looks like a digi

Interesting scape, and it's stable? Maybe you could hide some equipment behind it

The blenny in the rocks is so cute :) And I love that pistol.

Thanks!

That branching monti looks like a digi

Interesting scape, and it's stable? Maybe you could hide some equipment behind it

The scape is very stable, because it is glued. I could hide the heater behind it.

beautiful blenny!!

Thanks, but he is a bit skinny. Was on the edge of death a while ago, but some time in QT and increased feedings have made him fatter.

I ordered new bulbs and a protien skimmer from marine depot, and they will probaly be here tomorrow or wednesday.

Got the stuff I ordered. Got some new light bulbs from ATI and an aquatic life skimmer. Installed the skimmer, so far it is working great.

The new light bulbs really make the color on my coral pop, it's AMAZING. It's like actinic in daylight...kinda. The water is a little bluer than before, but that is what I wanted. And it seems brighter.

...pics...will come. tommorrow, if I have time.

and by the way...marinedepot=:)

Thanks! The colors on it now are awsome! Bright blue, and orange polyps.

I hope to get one of those soon. One of my favs

• 2 weeks later...

so it' been a while since i updated this thread...so here's one:

i got an orange monti cap a few days ago

my skimmer is running in my AC 70 (sometimes it pulls some good stuff out, and at other times not)

new scape...not much else.

also, my birdsnest is bleaching on the top, the bottom is ok. maybe too much light.

nothing new...except that i've lost a few sps, because of the urchin and shrimp. one got stung by my frogspawn. my torch is dying as well.

Why do you blame the tuxedo urchin (Mespilla spp.)?) for the demise of your sps? I'm just asking because I've kept them in sps tanks for years without problems. I've always found them interesting and useful.Maybe a different species?

i meant that the urchin broke the sps of the rock, which then fell on my sand, which then got snagged by my shrimp and brought into his dark light defficient cave where they ultimatly die.

yah they are awsome! look super purdy under the right lights, and still pretty good under some not so good lights.

i meant that the urchin broke the sps of the rock, which then fell on my sand, which then got snagged by my shrimp and brought into his dark light defficient cave where they ultimatly die.

Ok thanks. With any urchin everything has to be well attached and/or encrusted to the substrate. The tuxedo is usually pretty safe because they stay so small but they can knock things over.Sorry about your frags!

yeah i lost a few frags that way, and with the shrimp. the urchin isn't a tuxedo, it's a priest's hat. blue/white spikes, and black and white tube feet, and purple on the test.

Got some pics of the new scape. The images are little blue, and kinda blurry, but I didn't really feel like trying to take good pictures since I just cleaned the tank, and some of the corals are a little closed. Also the outside of the glass is dirty, and there are particles flying around the tank.

FTS:

DSCN0475.JPG

The rock arch I added, to create a little more territory for the sixline I will be getting:

DSCN0476.JPG

Another angle:

DSCN0477.JPG

DSCN0478.JPG

Added a platform for more sps behind the tip of the main rock structure, and moved my birdsnest, and my monti which broke off:

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0480.JPG

Today's test results:

Kh: 6

Ph: 8.1

Calcium: 340ppm

Phosphate: .25ppm

Nitrate: 0

added kh buffer, magnesium, and calcium

new ftsplease front view

okay...

The rock on the farthest right looks like a person. :)

it is a pionty rock.

Archived