Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

ohmy.gif

cool.gif

I know it's been said probably 10 times, but what fixture/bulb combination are you using? Too many threads too look thru

This will be the 11th..j/k :P 6 bulb Dimmable sunpower(ATI Blue Plus,Coral Plus,Purple Plus,GE6500K) with (2)XHO reefbrites.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks alot man although im still probably going to quit. Im just keeping my word to keep it running at least until the end of the year.

Thanks dave...hows the tank?

Why u gowna quit????? I will spiral into downward state of depression...

Why u gowna quit????? I will spiral into downward state of depression...

I dont have time to really enjoy my tank anymore and i kind of feel like ive accomplished everything i set out to do with this build. I figure a few more months of growth,a send off vid and then "im out of sight.. out of mind".

Nah youll be fine...By then you'll have your reef in full gear.

20.gif

:flower:

I dont have time to really enjoy my tank anymore and i kind of feel like ive accomplished everything i set out to do with this build. I figure a few more months of growth,a send off vid and then "im out of sight.. out of mind".

Nah youll be fine...By then you'll have your reef in full gear.

:flower:

That's so sad...do u have any other tanks? Or are u just quitting the hobby all together?

When u quit are u gonna sell the system/part it out on here?!?!?!?!

Nvm...I wouldn't feel worthy of putting any of your stuff in my tank...

That's so sad...do u have any other tanks? Or are u just quitting the hobby all together?

When u quit are u gonna sell the system/part it out on here?!?!?!?!

Nvm...I wouldn't feel worthy of putting any of your stuff in my tank...

Nope this was my only baby. I figure take a few months off....i always end up coming back as this hobby has its own gravitational pull.

Ill definitely let you guys know for sure when its going down.Ill sell all the livestock locally but hardware will be available to everyone.

Nope this was my only baby. I figure take a few months off....i always end up coming back as this hobby has its own gravitational pull.

Ill definitely let you guys know for sure when its going down.Ill sell all the livestock locally but hardware will be available to everyone.

Yeah good point. You'll be back so soon that we may as well start planning your next tank now. I vote another shallow rimless, but this time like 100 gallons. Imagine this tank...5times bigger...I think I'd die.

Let me know if you'd be willing to ship any of your cheap, ugly coral. Oh wait...u don't have any...

Btw...u said video in sep...it's September 1...just FYI. ;)

Yeah good point. You'll be back so soon that we may as well start planning your next tank now. I vote another shallow rimless, but this time like 100 gallons. Imagine this tank...5times bigger...I think I'd die.

Let me know if you'd be willing to ship any of your cheap, ugly coral. Oh wait...u don't have any...

Btw...u said video in sep...it's September 1...just FYI. ;)

Nah i doubt id do any large tanks as i prefer nanos.

If i do ship anything ill let you know.

Yep i plan to get it done by the end of the month.

Nah i doubt id do any large tanks as i prefer nanos.

If i do ship anything ill let you know.

Yep i plan to get it done by the end of the month.

#waitinginanticipationforvideo

Yeah, I prefer nano's too. I think the biggest tank I would ever do would be like a 40B or a 60 cube. It just is so much more expensive than a nano.

You know, I will drive just about anywhere within 8 hours for coral or cars... You are in my range Eugene. I'm coming... :ninja:

I was curious how long you've had the tank running. The first post was on Nov 17 2010, 07:09 PM, so that's nearly 2 years. It's still just a little youngster! Doesn't it deserve a chance to grow up? (queue in sad music and teary-eyed on-lookers).

Elos ATO ....

Mp10....

Cmon you know if i have to keep thosebiggrin.gif

#waitinginanticipationforvideo

Yeah, I prefer nano's too. I think the biggest tank I would ever do would be like a 40B or a 60 cube. It just is so much more expensive than a nano.

I just love the intimacy of nanos. I can see just about everything going on and easily make changes when thing go awry.

I read a lot where guys get bigger tanks and seem to always come back to the 40b.

Yea the largest reef ive done was a 40 breeder dimensions(zeroedge) and thats definitely the largest i would ever go.

Elos or Solana.

I'm still going to cry.

And I'm stuffed to the gills but I hope I can look at this beauty before the vultures sweep in on it. wacko.gif

Im not sure but id probably go custom again. Dont worry ill make sure of it.

You know, I will drive just about anywhere within 8 hours for coral or cars... You are in my range Eugene. I'm coming... ninja.gif

laugh.gif Sounds good. Ill be sure to save you some good stuff

I was curious how long you've had the tank running. The first post was on Nov 17 2010, 07:09 PM, so that's nearly 2 years. It's still just a little youngster! Doesn't it deserve a chance to grow up? (queue in sad music and teary-eyed on-lookers).

laugh.gif Yea its relatively young but i rarely keep tanks going for longer than a year as i get bored and decide to start over. The most fun for me is the planning and designing stages.

laugh.gif Yea its relatively young but i rarely keep tanks going for longer than a year as i get bored and decide to start over. The most fun for me is the planning and designing stages.

I hear ya. The creation process is a lot of fun. I have about 5 different ideas for specialty nano reef tanks myself, but whether I'll get around to building any of them...

Haha. Not even dead yet and trying to steal your goodies. Uncool.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I hear ya. The creation process is a lot of fun. I have about 5 different ideas for specialty nano reef tanks myself, but whether I'll get around to building any of them...

I know the feeling ...So many ideas yet so little time and resources dry.gif

Honestly I just want to see this magnificent aquarium in person. Having a piece of it myself would be crazy.

Ha i wouldnt call it magnificent.

pic of my other red table frag ...it confuses how this piece is so much darker than my other colony.

7750178156_978cc6bc4a_c.jpg

Say it isn't so E!!

I hear ya tho everyone needs a break...wish I was closer, I wouldn't mind a few frags :P

I am like you, I love the setting up and new ideas for a tank..my longest running SW tank was my 125g it was up for 4 years and very hard to give up my fish :( now is my 40g going on a little over 2 years I think...but has changed from macroalgaes to mixed reef to macroalgaes to mixed reef lol :lol:

Hey Hype, I feel like I've asked u this before...but maybe not...idk. R u still using the ATI Dimmable Sunpower fixture? How is it for sps growth and color? Well...obviously it's good...based on the pictures...lol. The reason I ask is because I am looking to upgrade my Ecoxotic Panorama Pro LEDs on my Biocube 29 to something bigger and better, and turn the tank into more of an SPS dominated tank. I've been looking into the AI Sol and Ecotech Radion, and they both seem like amazing fixtures. But it seems like quite a few ppl believe that the growth and color of sps corals under t5 or mh just cannot be beat by LEDs. What do u think? Would the fixture u have give better sps growth and color on my tank than, say, an AI Sol Blue? Also, how well does that fixture work with the apex controller, as I will probly be getting the Apex Jr or Lite in the near future. I also saw that u supplemented with LEDs...was that for the corals or more just for aesthetics. That was a lot of questions...and I'll probly think of more haha. Thank u!

And, as always: your tank is incredible.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

pic of my other red table frag ...it confuses how this piece is so much darker than my other colony.

7750178156_978cc6bc4a_c.jpg

Wow, that is a boat load of color! The Red Planet sure is dark, but looks really nice that way, too. Any green on the base? A frag of this coral will be next on my list if I can succeed first with a common Green Millepora mini-frag.

Say it isn't so E!!

I hear ya tho everyone needs a break...wish I was closer, I wouldn't mind a few frags tongue.gif

I am like you, I love the setting up and new ideas for a tank..my longest running SW tank was my 125g it was up for 4 years and very hard to give up my fish sad.gif now is my 40g going on a little over 2 years I think...but has changed from macroalgaes to mixed reef to macroalgaes to mixed reef lol laugh.gif

Well if your ever up this way i got a frag pack with your name on it.wink.gif

At the 2 year mark is where i feel like i have to either take a break or start something fresh.Its probably because i get so "tuned in" to my tank that it becomes borderline obsessive and my brain needs to resetblink.gifwacko.gif

Hey Hype, I feel like I've asked u this before...but maybe not...idk. R u still using the ATI Dimmable Sunpower fixture? How is it for sps growth and color? Well...obviously it's good...based on the pictures...lol. The reason I ask is because I am looking to upgrade my Ecoxotic Panorama Pro LEDs on my Biocube 29 to something bigger and better, and turn the tank into more of an SPS dominated tank. I've been looking into the AI Sol and Ecotech Radion, and they both seem like amazing fixtures. But it seems like quite a few ppl believe that the growth and color of sps corals under t5 or mh just cannot be beat by LEDs. What do u think? Would the fixture u have give better sps growth and color on my tank than, say, an AI Sol Blue? Also, how well does that fixture work with the apex controller, as I will probly be getting the Apex Jr or Lite in the near future. I also saw that u supplemented with LEDs...was that for the corals or more just for aesthetics. That was a lot of questions...and I'll probly think of more haha. Thank u!

And, as always: your tank is incredible.

Yep im still running T5's. They've given me the best combo of growth,coloration and aesthetics out of all the lighting combinations ive tried on this tank(LED,Halides,etc) In terms of LED's ive seen many beautiful tanks using LED's but ive never preferred the overall aesthetics of LEDS compared with T5's or halides. Ive also found that while most coral do fantastic i found some species just looked better under T5's IMHO. I think theres a small gap thats filled very nicely by T5's and when paired together with either halides or LEDs gives fantastic results that ive been able to witness in person.

In terms of growth and and coloration in the T5 vs LED debate many of the arguments are subjective. At the end of the day both types of lighting can grow healthy and colorful coral but its ultimately going to depend on which look you prefer. However if i was going to recommend an LED fixture it would be the new AI vega or the radion which has a much more complete spectrum than the AI sol blue.

If you want to use your apex controller to control your T5's take a look at the ATI dimmable powermodule as that model is compatible with the apex.

At this point i cant live without my royal blues LEDS as i dont think theres any form of light that can create that type of "pop". Its mostly for aesthetics but corals are also able to efficiently use the light in that spectrum.

Thanks again man.

Wow, that is a boat load of color! The Red Planet sure is dark, but looks really nice that way, too. Any green on the base? A frag of this coral will be next on my list if I can succeed first with a common Green Millepora mini-frag.

Thanks nano. Yea the red planet had a green in the base while it was small but as it matured the green began to fade away (which is normal with this species)

Like I've said before, it's sad to see you leave.

But I'm already excited to see the return of Rehype, and follow your next build whenever that happens.

It will be out of this world, I'm sure :)

Like I've said before, it's sad to see you leave.

But I'm already excited to see the return of Rehype, and follow your next build whenever that happens.

It will be out of this world, I'm sure :)

Thanks alot tiomm i really appreciate it.

Archived