Pod Your Reef

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

Thanks kfm

Pair of Picasso Clownfish

Blue eyed cardinals

Yellow melanarus wrasse

Thanks Hype! What happened to the chromis? I see that this tank is from pico aquariums. Did you buy it Pre-drilled and with an overflow installed? If you don't mind me asking, about how much did this tank cost? I would love to, in the future, have a custom shallow tank like this. One last thing: can you please help me to comprehend the ingenuousness off your aquascape? Do you have like 4 or 5 little islands all over your tank so that the tank is viewable from 3 sides? Would it be possible for you to get a top-down pic of your tank? I think it would make more sense to me then. Until I read the dimensions I thought this tank had similar dimensions to a 20L! Just goes to show what I know...

Oh by the way, I take back my last comment. This isn't one of my favorite nanos; it is my favorite nano.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Hype! What happened to the chromis? I see that this tank is from pico aquariums. Did you buy it Pre-drilled and with an overflow installed? If you don't mind me asking, about how much did this tank cost? I would love to, in the future, have a custom shallow tank like this. One last thing: can you please help me to comprehend the ingenuousness off your aquascape? Do you have like 4 or 5 little islands all over your tank so that the tank is viewable from 3 sides? Would it be possible for you to get a top-down pic of your tank? I think it would make more sense to me then. Until I read the dimensions I thought this tank had similar dimensions to a 20L! Just goes to show what I know...

Oh by the way, I take back my last comment. This isn't one of my favorite nanos; it is my favorite nano.

I took the chromis out because they started to become aggressive towards some of the other tank inhabitants at the time. The tank was predrilled with the overflow because it was one of chris frag tanks. At the time i bought it was about $400. Theres 4 main "islands". Unfortunately i cant get a decent top down because of the intense reflection from the T5's.

Thanks alot for the complement

Another tank shot...

7791437646_4f0b254691_c.jpg

That's just nuts - wow. You are an artist.

Would it be possible to list the current equipment in one post?

Thanks alot jack its much appreciated.

(2)Vortech MP10W With Vortech battery backup

ATI Dimmable sunpower with (2)Reefbrite blue LED supplements

Elos Osmolator

SWC 120 Skimmer

JBJ 1/15 Chiller

Neptune Apex Controller

(2)9 watt UV sterilizers

BRS C02 scrubber

Needreefunds

Incredible?

Awesome?

Outstanding?

Sweet? ( my old standby.. nah, not even close )

Nope, I can't find the words...

The tank just blows me away- and your camera skills combine to give us all eye candy to die for.

Love this tank Eugene!

How does it feel to be a Reefin' Rock Star??

:lol:

Incredible?

Awesome?

Outstanding?

The tank just blows me away- and your camera skills combine to give us all eye candy to die for.

Love this tank Eugene!

:lol:

+1,000,000

I would pay serious money to see this tank in person...maybe a video would suffice...Hype do you have a video of this tank? Im sure I am speaking for everyone else when I say we would loooooooove to see one ;)

Out of curiosity, (and I'm sure someone else has asked at some point, but your thread is too long at this point!) what setting are your running the MP10's on?

Incredible?

Awesome?

Outstanding?

Love this tank Eugene!

laugh.gif

Thanks alot buddy its always appreciatedblush.gif

+1,000,000

I would pay serious money to see this tank in person...maybe a video would suffice...Hype do you have a video of this tank? Im sure I am speaking for everyone else when I say we would loooooooove to see one wink.gif

Thanks again kfm im actually planning to do an updated video in september(if my tank doesnt crash by then)

Out of curiosity, (and I'm sure someone else has asked at some point, but your thread is too long at this point!) what setting are your running the MP10's on?

lol yea i wish i had a better way of indexing all the info. Im actually using all of the modes on the mp10 which change every few hours.

lol yea i wish i had a better way of indexing all the info. Im actually using all of the modes on the mp10 which change every few hours.

Via a controller I assume? Or is there some other way to have it cycle modes automatically?

Via a controller I assume? Or is there some other way to have it cycle modes automatically?

Yep.. using my neptune Apex controller with the wireless expansion module.

Eugene, you give great advice! But I think the one thing that you do not mention about the incredible success of your tank is that you seem to choose or start off with great specimens...right????

Saw this tank today and thought of yours haha. http://www.fishtanksdirect.com/30gallonrim...ssaquarium.aspx

If I ever did upgrade I think I could live with this. Not quite the same as yours but similar, and I think I could get the reef ready tank and stand for $350 new. Not a bad deal!

Thats definitely a steal!

Eugene, you give great advice! But I think the one thing that you do not mention about the incredible success of your tank is that you seem to choose or start off with great specimens...right????

Thanks i try...Your right acquiring healthy animals is half the battle but the most challenging part can be keeping them that way Educating ourselves thoroughly about every species we would like to care for and doing everything required to keep them in optimal health can be demanding but its worth it in the long run.

Thats definitely a steal!

Thanks i try...Your right acquiring healthy animals is half the battle but the most challenging part can be keeping them that way Educating ourselves thoroughly about every species we would like to care for and doing everything required to keep them in optimal health can be demanding but its worth it in the long run.

Where do u get most of your corals? LFS or online?

Saw this tank today and thought of yours haha. http://www.fishtanksdirect.com/30gallonrim...ssaquarium.aspx

If I ever did upgrade I think I could live with this. Not quite the same as yours but similar, and I think I could get the reef ready tank and stand for $350 new. Not a bad deal!

Wonder how much I can sell my biocube and stand for?...

Where do u get most of your corals? LFS or online?

Wonder how much I can sell my biocube and stand for?...

Mostly LFS and local reefers.

maybe $150

ooh i love the newest fts :lol:

Thanks

Mostly LFS and local reefers.

maybe $150

Thanks

Thanks for killing all my hopes and dreams. I'm gonna go pout in a corner.

Thanks for killing all my hopes and dreams. I'm gonna go pout in a corner.

Sorry bud :( unfortunately the resale value on used tanks is pretty low.

another angle

7799684208_c7d1a615e6_c.jpg

Sorry bud :( unfortunately the resale value on used tanks is pretty low.

another angle

7799684208_c7d1a615e6_c.jpg

:(

On another note, how is your tank so perfect? ;)

When you say that you will make a video in September can u tell us approximately if that will be closer to September 1 or 30? (1 would be ideal, just incase u were wondering)

On another note, how is your tank so perfect? ;)

When you say that you will make a video in September can u tell us approximately if that will be closer to September 1 or 30? (1 would be ideal, just incase u were wondering)

Ha i definitely wouldnt say its perfect..in my eyes it still has more room to grow. To be honest Ive never been fully satisfied with this tank...im always trying to get more from it..whether its growth or coloration.But I am grateful that its come this far.

Probably towards the end of september.

jer406@gmail.com

email me the original size photo hype. that needs to be my desktop

Really? i could email you links to a few dozen tanks that are truly worthy of being a desktop background.

Really? i could email you links to a few dozen tanks that are truly worthy of being a desktop background.

id rather have yours. B) love the color selection of sps that you have

Archived