Cultivated Reef

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the shot looking slightly up at the tank. Your colors are so beautiful. I can't wait until my version 3.0 gets going and maybe someday looks a little like yours. I borrowed some of your open space ideas and zoa garden ideas. Thanks for creating such an inspiring reef dude!

Thanks alot beau..im glad you were able to restart your tank despite the recent setbacks

Awesome shot Hype!

Thanks jball

SWOOOON THUD!

STOP IT! STOP IT I TELL YOU!

do you have a screen cover on the tank for the times when it's not being photographed?

tongue.gif

Nope i love being able to view the tank from above.

mr. weldon,

you sir are a god.

I think I have to agree with JR

Cmon cut it out guys :blush:

That is just AWESOME

Thanks albert

I think I just died and gone to heaven.

laugh.gif Thanks man

This thread is almost at a quarter million views. Wow!

I know..i cant believe it :o Thanks to everyone who keeps checking on this thead..I sincerely appreciate all your feedback.

Sure, have fun now but when we all give up this hobby due to not being worthy you'll be posting alone. ;)

I appreciate the equipment synopsis last page. Could you list your bulbs as well? Is the color in the pics pretty faithful to what you're seeing?

Sure, have fun now but when we all give up this hobby due to not being worthy you'll be posting alone. wink.gif

I appreciate the equipment synopsis last page. Could you list your bulbs as well? Is the color in the pics pretty faithful to what you're seeing?

haha yea righttongue.gif

ATI purple,blue,coral plus and G6500K. The colors in the pics are pretty accurate I manually adjust them while looking at the tank to get them as close as possible(although it still looks better in person)

I would too but what about the possibility of a fish jumping?

I honestly dont worry about it. I know theres always a possibility but im pretty in tune with their behavior and they dont exhibit the nervous jumpy behavior(even when frightened) that would worry me. Ive actually only had one fish jump out of all the different species ive kept in this tank.

I just got off the phone with God. He said He wants His tank back. :P

Also, I am waiting with great anticipation for that video. Let me know when you get an exact date on the debut so I can put it on the calendar ;). U think maybe you could convince IMAX to play it in all of their theaters for a day? I would pay good money to see that. Screw Finding Nemo.

This is becoming bigger than an Apple event.

Sorry to hear about the seahorse :( I am planning a tank and after seeing her in your tank was thinking of one as well. If you don't mind me asking, what happened? I understand the needs are definately higher than a lot of other fish etc; but do you think it's an impossible reality long term?

I just got off the phone with God. He said He wants His tank back. tongue.gif

Also, I am waiting with great anticipation for that video. Let me know when you get an exact date on the debut so I can put it on the calendar wink.gif. U think maybe you could convince IMAX to play it in all of their theaters for a day? I would pay good money to see that. Screw Finding Nemo.

tongue.gifbiggrin.gif Thanks man

Im not exactly sure when just yet but ill have more of an idea by the beginning of the month.

This is becoming bigger than an Apple event.

Sorry to hear about the seahorse :( I am planning a tank and after seeing her in your tank was thinking of one as well. If you don't mind me asking, what happened? I understand the needs are definately higher than a lot of other fish etc; but do you think it's an impossible reality long term?

Yea i was pretty devastated when i lost her.Well she actually got tail rot and while i was able to successfully treat the infection in quarantine she stopped eating altogether. And unfortunately i was unable to get her to eat again. While it is possible to keep one long term(i had mine for 2 years) but you really need to be willing to go above and beyond in caring for their needs especially in a nano reef environment. Your build needs to be centered around the horses needs and not the other way around.

I really appreciate the feedback hype. Well I have some pretty solid plans for my upcoming future tank (read: thistankistakingforever!!!) for stocking, so I think the seahorse idea is out of the window for this project. I don't want to set anyone up for failure mind you.

Maybe a future seahorse tank is in the cards down the road. Maybe for you too? They are just so damn cool.

I really appreciate the feedback hype. Well I have some pretty solid plans for my upcoming future tank (read: thistankistakingforever!!!) for stocking, so I think the seahorse idea is out of the window for this project. I don't want to set anyone up for failure mind you.

Maybe a future seahorse tank is in the cards down the road. Maybe for you too? They are just so damn cool.

No problem jd..I have to catch up on your thread.

I agree they are totally worth the specialized care...truly one of the most fascinating animals in the ocean. I may have something in the works :ninja:

another angle

7799684208_c7d1a615e6_c.jpg

wow, that's all I can say man. Great coral selection and stunning colors. I love the fact that the sand is free of frags. It looks awesome!

MeGustaBlackSS.png

tongue.gif

wow, that's all I can say man. Great coral selection and stunning colors. I love the fact that the sand is free of frags. It looks awesome!

Thanks alot timber...appreciate you checking in

altolamprologus

I know I don't really comment anymore, but I just had to for this. This tank is just plain beautiful.

This has probably been mentioned somewhere (hell, I may have even asked before), but how long have you had that Fromia star? And what do you feed it? I want one but I'm really concerned about their long-term viability in nano tanks.

I know I don't really comment anymore, but I just had to for this. This tank is just plain beautiful.

This has probably been mentioned somewhere (hell, I may have even asked before), but how long have you had that Fromia star? And what do you feed it? I want one but I'm really concerned about their long-term viability in nano tanks.

Thanks alot alto i appreciate you checking in.

Ive only had this fromia star for a few weeks. ive had success with blue linckia in the past but this is the first time ive owned a marbled fromia. Its still acclimating so once its a bit more comfortable and starts foraging im going to see if i can get it to accept some prepared foods. The tough part is getting a healthy specimen to start with. ..This one was in exceptional shape which is the only reason i decided to give it a try.

Your tank and photo skills are so great I almost get angry with you :angry:

Thanks alot tiomm :P

Archived