Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

I have a nice frag of pink bird with your name on it.

I'm sorry to hear of the tank issues, but I look forward to your updates.

Thanks so much kat i still have frags for you as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that I'm just seeing this for the first time. Really amazing job here! It kind of reminds me of a mini version of Steve Weasts old 800 gallon.

I can't believe that I'm just seeing this for the first time. Really amazing job here! It kind of reminds me of a mini version of Steve Weasts old 800 gallon.

Thanks so much pod means alot coming from you. Always been a fan of your tanks.

Glad to see I can come back to this thread and have it still look awesome! :happy:

Hey bud thanks and thanks for checking in..hows everything?

I'm having ReHype photo withdrawl symptoms....

Same here Kat! Been going through a withdrawl of hypes reef photos too!

:lol::P Ill post some new pics up soon

Everytime hype posts pics I get an email on the 11th reply like 2 days later and never have time to find them. Always have to revert back to FTS page 1. Lol.

How about nowwww?! biggrin.gif
+1

I would if i had any but i actually havent taken any in a while.

Everytime hype posts pics I get an email on the 11th reply like 2 days later and never have time to find them. Always have to revert back to FTS page 1. Lol.

:lol:

animalmaster6
Hey bud thanks and thanks for checking in..hows everything?

Good! Been busy with school and other stuff lately. I need to move my tank from my old house to my new house still lol.

Good! Been busy with school and other stuff lately. I need to move my tank from my old house to my new house still lol.

hope the move goes well

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS! %6f%6d%67%6f%6d%67%6f%6d%67.gif (pleaaaaaseeeee) happydance.gif

Ill try to get some up soonwink.gif

Cool...well gl with the tank move.The good thing is it isnt filled with livestock so it should be a pretty painless move.

Hypes,

Your tank it's just amazing!

I don't know if you already wrote that but i couldn't find it. Would you tell me what do you dose and the maintenance?

Thanks!

Hypes,

Your tank it's just amazing!

I don't know if you already wrote that but i couldn't find it. Would you tell me what do you dose and the maintenance?

Thanks!

Thanks so much Daniel. Your tank looks fantastic as well. It reminds me of my old 60-F

I currently only dose Reef code B for Alkalinity from Brightwell Aquatics.Im using a drews doser(controlled by my apex) to dose around 16ml daily.Im not dosing calcium as Oceanic saltmix runs pretty high in the calcium department although in the near future I may have to begin dosing. I perform 5 gallon water changes weekly and add additional iodide,potassium and trace elements to enhance the saltmix.

So i finally got around to setting up my new tank. As some of you know i recently broke down the ADA to migrate to this setup. I purchased the tank from chris over at Pico Aquariums. Dont hesitate to buy from chris hes a great guy and does some really good work. Heres a pic that chris took that sold me on the tank.

I still havent finished setting the tank up im still leak testing and making water(which i forgot takes forever).. I should be done by sometime tomorrow.

Pic of the sump

4959307622_4ca07ddcfb_z.jpg

Coming Along..

Cube_2.jpg

Cube.jpg

5193806784_496c54c48b_z.jpg

5443495476_6f9b6b4a9b_b.jpg

FTS-1.jpg

6034895821_474876fcd3_b.jpg

6348930659_ff2f8f1da1_b.jpg

6556067581_8e273191e7_b.jpg

6912453495_72ac8b3ed1_z.jpg

The tank has a fantastic view from the front, totally awesome!

Thanks so much Daniel. Your tank looks fantastic as well. It reminds me of my old 60-F

I currently only dose Reef code B for Alkalinity from Brightwell Aquatics.Im using a drews doser(controlled by my apex) to dose around 16ml daily.Im not dosing calcium as Oceanic saltmix runs pretty high in the calcium department although in the near future I may have to begin dosing. I perform 5 gallon water changes weekly and add additional iodide,potassium and trace elements to enhance the saltmix.

Have you been adding the iodide and potassium and trace elements all the time E. or is that something you just started doing and if so (in both cases) do you feel that the water changes using Oceanic salt do not replenish them sufficiently ?

Hmm.

What motivated the addition of iodide, potassium & trace elements?

Hey weetie thanks for checking in. Hope all is well

Well mainly once i realized how much was being absorbed by activated carbon.

The tank has a fantastic view from the front, totally awesome!

Thanks alot astral

Have you been adding the iodide and potassium and trace elements all the time E. or is that something you just started doing and if so (in both cases) do you feel that the water changes using Oceanic salt do not replenish them sufficiently ?

I actually started doing at the beginning of the year. I believe the saltmix has enough but ive found that my use of activated carbon strips the water of these elements and my livestock has alerted me when they've gotten too low.Specifically my montipora digi let me know when postassium levels are too low by thier base coloring and my blood shrimp looked to be having issues shedding his exoskeleton which prompted the addition of iodide.Just an FYI I dose the additives in very small amounts.

I actually started doing at the beginning of the year. I believe the saltmix has enough but ive found that my use of activated carbon strips the water of these elements and my livestock has alerted me when they've gotten too low.Specifically my montipora digi let me know when postassium levels are too low by thier base coloring and my blood shrimp looked to be having issues shedding his exoskeleton which prompted the addition of iodide.Just an FYI I dose the additives in very small amounts.

Nothing beats what the life forms are telling you .... thanks for clarifying why you did so. I appreciate it.

Nothing beats what the life forms are telling you .... thanks for clarifying why you did so. I appreciate it.

I totally agree. Sometimes the signs are really subtle but they tell you everything you need to know...its just whether you can interpret it or not.

I totally agree. Sometimes the signs are really subtle but they tell you everything you need to know...its just whether you can interpret it or not.

Indeed and I guess that comes with experience and knowledge of the life forms we maintain in our tanks ....

Well if your ever up this way i got a frag pack with your name on it.wink.gif

At the 2 year mark is where i feel like i have to either take a break or start something fresh.Its probably because i get so "tuned in" to my tank that it becomes borderline obsessive and my brain needs to resetblink.gifwacko.gif

Send frags to me.. I pay! :lol:

I hear ya about the OCD..I have woken up out of a deep sleep knowing something was going on with one of my tanks lol :huh::mellow:

Archived