Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

JealousFist

I LOVE that pic of the Dart Frog just chillin on the leaf, I love PDF's, after I get my tank all set up and running I wanna get a PDF vivarium going

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I LOVE that pic of the Dart Frog just chillin on the leaf, I love PDF's, after I get my tank all set up and running I wanna get a PDF vivarium going

Thanks jf....ive always wanted a vivarium as well but i lack the skills to put one together from scratch.

its like national geographic in this thread i love it!

Ha thanks marc.

altolamprologus
Thanks jf....ive always wanted a vivarium as well but i lack the skills to put one together from scratch.

There is no skill you lack, Mr. Hype. End of story.

There is no skill you lack, Mr. Hype. End of story.

Ha thanks alto....I wish that was the case.The idea ive always had for a vivarium is well beyond my handy skills(or lack of which is much more accurate).

Make a viv! U can dooo eeet!

beautiful pictures as always :)

Thanks envy for the complement and vote of confidence :D Maybe one day ill give it a shot.

last set of aquarium pics

7671033484_4acd1e296c_z.jpg

7671034434_ac86ed7e9c_z.jpg

7671035218_a4f853f48b_z.jpg

7671036636_33204e861d_z.jpg

Curious how many shots you had to take at the aquarium to come up with the perfect ones?

And how is it that the glass at this aquarium is so darn clean!

Not many.... Im very picky when i shoot. I dont like to take alot of shots because it will take that much longer to sort and edit.

Believe me it wasnt lol....most of the exhibits were gross from all the kids and parents putting their hands all over the glass. I had to pick and choose my shots carefully in order to avoid glass distortion.

albertthiel
Not many.... Im very picky when i shoot. I dont like to take alot of shots because it will take that much longer to sort and edit.

Believe me it wasnt lol....most of the exhibits were gross from all the kids and parents putting their hands all over the glass. I had to pick and choose my shots carefully in order to avoid glass distortion.

Well Rehype, regardless of how you do it, your pics always come up so great looking and so sharp and in focus.

I am sure you are not using a phone camera :=)

Thanks for all those nice shots

Albert

Well Rehype, regardless of how you do it, your pics always come up so great looking and so sharp and in focus.

Thanks alot albert

JealousFist
I always dig yer pics, no matter who's tank it is!

Viv's are easy and low maint. Do it!

I second that , they are pretty easy, way easier to maintain and cheaper than a reef tank for sure, dendroboard has alotta good info on all that, I think you should keep ur tank going and not tear it down let it grow in, and start a new viv for us to have pix of to look at lol.

I always dig yer pics, no matter who's tank it is!

Viv's are easy and low maint. Do it!

Thanks alot spiro.

Im giving it some serious thought..

I second that , they are pretty easy, way easier to maintain and cheaper than a reef tank for sure, dendroboard has alotta good info on all that, I think you should keep ur tank going and not tear it down let it grow in, and start a new viv for us to have pix of to look at lol.

Thanks for the site info jf ill definitely do some reading.That would be nice but I doubt Id have the time to keep up with both.

Amazing pictures! What camera and equipment do you use?

Thanks alot..those were taken with a Canon 60D and 50mm 1.8.

your inbox is full!

I was wondering how much GFO do you think I should start off with if I was going to come off of Chemipure Elite (run in my filtersock) and replace with GAC and GFO in a chemipure bag placed in my filter sock. I don't want to shock the corals. I think a reactor would be overkill for my needs

Needreefunds

Hey Bud! Just did a super fast skim of the last few pages- some awesome stuff you have added!

I didn't think the dart frog could be kept with the Hawkfish AND a Lookdown, :huh: but hey- you have been able to accomplish some pretty amazing things so far I guess... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the eye candy E- great stuff! B):P

your inbox is full!

I was wondering how much GFO do you think I should start off with if I was going to come off of Chemipure Elite (run in my filtersock) and replace with GAC and GFO in a chemipure bag placed in my filter sock. I don't want to shock the corals. I think a reactor would be overkill for my needs

Sorry about thattongue.gif

Whats are your current phosphate levels,how often are you feeding and how much?

Hey Bud! Just did a super fast skim of the last few pages- some awesome stuff you have added!

I didn't think the dart frog could be kept with the Hawkfish AND a Lookdown, :huh: but hey- you have been able to accomplish some pretty amazing things so far I guess... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the eye candy E- great stuff! B):P

Hey buddy!Long time no talk...I was jsut checking out the remodeling you did to the max and it looks great so far....Im a little disappointed you didnt consult with me first though -_-:P

Haha all those pics are from camden aquarium :D

No problem thanks for taking the time to come in and take a look

Sorry about thattongue.gif

Whats are your current phosphate levels,how often are you feeding and how much?

haven't checked in awhile. I'm just feeding a few pellets once a day and feeding up to 6 cubes of frozen once a week with an immediate filtersock and water change following as soon as the water clears. keep in mind i'm also using biopellets.

haven't checked in awhile. I'm just feeding a few pellets once a day and feeding up to 6 cubes of frozen once a week with an immediate filtersock and water change following as soon as the water clears. keep in mind i'm also using biopellets.

Well after you test let me know but i have the feeling you probably wont need to add much if any at all considering your using biopellets.

Hey Hype,

Are you getting any shimmer with the reefbrites or do the T5s completely overpower them and you just use them for moonlight?

Archived