• Created
  • Last Reply

This was the last known photo of my tank:

NHCjKOW.jpg?1

And now Post-Apocalypse:

agUZnm5.jpg?1

If I were to compare, I'd say they SPS stage would be like 11/2011:

hwxpqe.jpg

Thanks merokat. It looks so neutered. I can't wait for the SPS to take hold and start growing. I have some super nice pieces I've been able to find. Once it grows in, it should eclipse the pre disaster version.

Thanks mpsti05! Yes, I had a jawfish. He was my favorite fish. He jumped the only night I ever forgot to put the lid on the tank.

Damn! My bsj is definitely my fav fish in my tank, I probably triple check my tank every night that I put the screen top back on before bed cause I here all about these jumper story's, too sad.

That's great! I'm glad to see SPS back in place. That aquascape is a masterpiece. You could grow brown digis in there and it would still look amazing lol

This is still my favorite tank on NR................... and RC for that matter!

Are you considering another jawfish??

Such a badass tank, glad to see the "incident" was just a speed bump and not a total loss. I love your dendros just hanging out all hungry.

Definitely my favorite tank on NR. When you started I thought man this guy is nuts and this will never work but man it was one of the coolest tanks I have ever seen and It will get back in shape in no time. Heck even now it looks amazing.

My Osmolator did the same thing tonight that it did while I was on vacation. I filled up the reservoir yesterday only to find it blinking red today. I unplugged the controller and plugged it back in and the water started flowing just fine. I made sure the water was flowing yesterday after filling it. Counting the vacation disaster, this is the third time I've had this happen since December. It's not a huge issue when I'm home, but this simple deal wiped out all of my SPS while I was gone for 2 weeks. It has worked well for me since 2009, but I'm wondering if I should just replace the pump or replace the whole thing.

buddythelion

My Osmolator did the same thing tonight that it did while I was on vacation. I filled up the reservoir yesterday only to find it blinking red today. I unplugged the controller and plugged it back in and the water started flowing just fine. I made sure the water was flowing yesterday after filling it. Counting the vacation disaster, this is the third time I've had this happen since December. It's not a huge issue when I'm home, but this simple deal wiped out all of my SPS while I was gone for 2 weeks. It has worked well for me since 2009, but I'm wondering if I should just replace the pump or replace the whole thing.

Imo, the price of a new osmolator vs the price of losing all the sps, a new osmolator puts a peace of mind and at least everything is new. I'm sure a new osmolator is also cheaper than having to replace the cost of the sps pieces again. Just my thinking though, if you have the extra cash to get one.

Archived