Cultivated Reef

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

There were a LOT of coral vendors at MAX this year. I found everything I was specifically looking for except for specific paly. Was totally worth it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eddiecorrea

There were a LOT of coral vendors at MAX this year. I found everything I was specifically looking for except for specific paly. Was totally worth it.

What Paly? I'm incredibly jealous you get to go to that sort of thing. We had Seamax here in 2011. Unfortunately I wasn't in the position to have a reef and didn't attend. I heard attendance was lacking so I don't see it ever coming back. :(

Shoot, didn't think there would be a Ricordea sellers @ MAX... heck I didn't see any last years RAP... If you want some Blue Rhinos, I think Socal Tropical Outlet @ Fullerton was selling like 5 polyps of them for $100 when I was there like a month ago...

wow! I'll have to check it out. There were quite a few guys selling ricordeas. One vendor had the sweet deal. I new I needed 20. Got greedy and bought everything he had. lol

buddythelion

How much did the 35 cost you?

Dun worry about it, let's just enjoy his tank! You should contact coralgasm and ask them directly. :)

not cheap, but definitely a good deal. 2 am and I just finished gluing everything down. Now I still need to do a water change... geez!

buddythelion

not cheap, but definitely a good deal. 2 am and I just finished gluing everything down. Now I still need to do a water change... geez!

Dun worry, I'm still up! I'm waiting for some corals to finish dipping too.

buddythelion

This hobby takes our money and deprives us of sleep!

So true! Post a pic of your new ric domination, would love to see it before I sleep.

Kfmmartin19
I got them from the coralgasms.com @ the Marine Aquarium Expo this weekend.

They are opening!

BkfXqr6.jpg?1

That is sick. Is this pic under tank light or something else?

That is sick. Is this pic under tank light or something else?

Thanks! I just had one of the halides on since it was late. I just used some of the light spillage to get them to open up.

Ricordia Fields!

I don't thinkwe've seen a pic with all the lights on there!

Not yet!

Deleted User 4

Nice. Well, at least it fared well to your interests.

Kfmmartin19
Thanks! I just had one of the halides on since it was late. I just used some of the light spillage to get them to open up.

Not yet!

Nice, what bulb? And let's see some pics!

Hey med just stopping in to see how the tank is doing. I can't wait to see how all the rics look once you get them all in the tank. I also wanted to apologize for laughing anytime I read that your female clown bit you. I added a pair of clowns to my tank and the female is about 3 years old and she bit the crap out of my finger the other night. I no longer laugh, I cringe!

All the rics are laid down, but they haven't really opened up yet. Probably a lot of light for them. I think my original rics took a week or so to fluff up. My female clown started out mercilessly last night, but then she only bit me every now and then. Now that she's big, it really hurts. I think she's broken the skin on occasion, which stings when my hand is in the water.

There's always something...

Acans have grown in very well and are one big bulbous group. For some reason, one of my acans started dying back leaving a gaping hole. I'm going to have to replace it, but the acans I've found don't have a skeleton tall enough to properly fill up the hole.

Q285LIZ.jpg?1

All the rics are laid down, but they haven't really opened up yet. Probably a lot of light for them. I think my original rics took a week or so to fluff up. My female clown started out mercilessly last night, but then she only bit me every now and then. Now that she's big, it really hurts. I think she's broken the skin on occasion, which stings when my hand is in the water.

Clown are such jerks like that. I try to flick my fingers at them so they will go away, but they will keep coming back for blood! I mostly keep my hands out of the tank now.

I would be interested in more pics of how your setup is doing after the mishap. :)

Archived