• Created
  • Last Reply
This was the last known photo of my tank:

NHCjKOW.jpg?1

And now Post-Apocalypse:

agUZnm5.jpg?1

If I were to compare, I'd say they SPS stage would be like 11/2011:

hwxpqe.jpg

Even in the after math your tank is breathtaking and something I aspire to. I can only hope to get marginally near where you are now! Your tank really inspired me to cone back into this hobby after a 20 years leave of absence.

• 2 weeks later...
Kfmmartin19

Hey Med, I don't think u did anything to treat your dry rock (is this correct?). Have u noticed any phosphate leaching or anything of the sort that a lot of people complain about dry rock? Thanks

All I have to say is...........DAMN!!!!!!! You killed it with this one!!! :D

Even in the after math your tank is breathtaking and something I aspire to. I can only hope to get marginally near where you are now! Your tank really inspired me to cone back into this hobby after a 20 years leave of absence.

Thank you! and welcome back tlagden!

Medred which rods did you use to stabilise your spires? All I can find this side of the pond is

http://www.reef-eden-international.com/reef_rods.htm

I was hoping for something a little more flexible and still reef safe.

I used the rod of a fiberglass driveway reflector http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blazer-International-Driveway-Marker-48-in-2-Sided-Round-Red-Fiberglass-Pole-382RDM/202498045?N=c27x#.UXzhaIKJQfI

I just cut what I needed

Hey Med, I don't think u did anything to treat your dry rock (is this correct?). Have u noticed any phosphate leaching or anything of the sort that a lot of people complain about dry rock? Thanks

I didn't do anything. I never noticed a spike in phosphates, but I didn't check phosphates until I thought I was ready for SPS.

Finally got my hands on a new version 150w DE Radium. The light output is very close to a the Phoenix, but it is slightly bluer. I think I like it better than the Phoenix. It seems to bring out some of the SPS pieces a little better, but the Phoenix isn't far off. I wish Radium made a 250w DE. They'd probably corner the halide market.

Spirofucci

Finally got my hands on a new version 150w DE Radium. The light output is very close to a the Phoenix, but it is slightly bluer. I think I like it better than the Phoenix. It seems to bring out some of the SPS pieces a little better, but the Phoenix isn't far off. I wish Radium made a 250w DE. They'd probably corner the halide market.

OK fine, Mr. I'm still seeking the perfect lights......I wanna see more pics of my favorite tank on NR...or RC for that matter. B)

Pics of those candy b's would be welcome as well............:)

Ha ha. I took some comparison pics last night, but I haven't downloaded them yet. I have the wonkiest lighting setup ever. 150W Radium HQI, 250W Phoenix HQI, and an AI Sol Nano.

Kfmmartin19

Hey why doesn't everyone put their mp10s on the back of their tanks like u?? It looks so much cleaner! R there any cons to doing that?

I don't think there are any cons unless you really want the flow going directly across the corals. It's easy to make a gyre, and personally, the corals that I have directly in front of the mp10's tend to lose flesh.

On another note, I'm seriously debating swapping out my hodge podged Aqua medic fixtures for a couple of elos e-powers to give the lighting a more uniform look. I think I'm addicting to light fixtures.

You don't happen to have your old giesemann sitting around, do you?

Can't find a used one any where.

I do, but not sure if I want to sell it.

I understand. Please keep me in mind if you do decide to sell.

Spirofucci

Just hang two Pro's on there....that will get you great coverage, no shadows and great color!!!!!

Have you had a chance to see the Pro in person yet????

I understand. Please keep me in mind if you do decide to sell.

Definitely!

Just hang two Pro's on there....that will get you great coverage, no shadows and great color!!!!!

Have you had a chance to see the Pro in person yet????

Radion Pros? I'm done with all LED fixtures until the tech advances to my satisfaction.

Wait, the most recent fts shot is POST-apocalypse? I'd kill to have this tank. Just wow, Med. Wow.

ha ha... Why thank you. It still bums me out to look at the difference though. I do think the acros will be back and better than ever.

Radion Pros? I'm done with all LED fixtures until the tech advances to my satisfaction.

I keep hearing this more and more.... and agree 100%

By "all LED fixtures" i mean using LED's alone without supplemental lighting. I'd consider an LED+T5 set up, but in the end, I still like MH better than either.

thats a shame your done with LED's med....

20130409_205430_HDR_zps7796dbe9.jpg

If I did LEDs, this would be how I'd do it. Nice setup!

Deckoz2302

Do you guys notice a problem with LED's on everything or just SPS?

None but that may be because of my husbandry. Most people just don't like the look.

NanoTopia

I have to agree with Ms Kat, hybrid is the way to go, T5+LED is the direction I am heading as well for my next upgrade. Better colour and more forgiving on the SPS. I would like to go 75% T5 and 25% LED in the future.

Christine

Archived