Innovative Marine Aquariums

75g of Reefer

danthenewreefman

danthenewreefman
Sweet dude...But we need new pics >.>

will be throwing some new ones up Friday/Saturday -- I've got a lot coming this week in terms of coral! A lot lot. :-)

----

People -- If you don't have a tiger conch, you need to get one! That works about as good as anything at keeping the sand bright white. 2 in a 75 are keeping in white for me, only had 1 -- yesterday got another (because my 1 wasn't keeping up anymore). In 12 hrs I went from 90% white sand to 100% white sand.

they hunt dirty sand like the six-line hunts pods -- no joke. (except for speed :-) )

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
danthenewreefman

sold another puppy -- put um in paper Friday, half of them gone in 2 days. Holler back...lol

One guy bought one -- said he trained them for the police department.

danthenewreefman

my tank is stupid empty w/o zoanthids. Did 20g WC yesterday, doing another 20g tonight.

My 5.5g :-) is slammed full! No space on sand for ANYTHING else. I bet they came on enough LR to keep the new tank stable as hell. Made all new perfect water I put in it too.

Zoanthids all doing well after relocation/medication. FW dip w/ high pH, low temp kills all inverts quickly and short term exposure does no damage to 90%of polyps, opening within 8hrs.

I like to look at everything as a positive --

1. I got a new tank :-) 5.5g-- Did black sand/black backgroud. Right now it's just being lit with a 20w old actinic bulb. Looking to get some type of par38 LED thing.

2. I have a lot of high-light property open for some sps stuff in my big tank.

danthenewreefman
seel puppy, buy new corals lol

exactly! Got a bunch in transit right now, should be here tomorrow!

danthenewreefman

tinytank -- look man, you need to warn somebody they're gonna need more glue!

took me almost 2 hrs to unpack and mount everything!

danthenewreefman

frag rack with 5 sympodium, 4 orange monti tab, 1 pink birdnest -- The sps "chips" broke off in shipping

frag+rack.JPG

montitabs.JPG

newmonti.JPG

firefish.JPG

newchalice.JPG

top+down.JPG

danthenewreefman

first ever photo of blue damsel that came out OK.

fts-side.jpg

euphylliacristata.jpg

candycane.jpg

blasto.jpg

splitting.jpg

splitting2.jpg

sixline.jpg

newshroom.jpg

This photo doesn't do this coral justice -- It's purple/blue base, yellow specs & pink eyes -- never seen anything like it before.

newchalice.jpg

danthenewreefman
What is this? is it some species of euphyllia?

euphyllia cristata -- grape coral. Got it as 1 head, first ever hard coral. Now it's 5+ heads

Lol im about to start putting in my equipment orders...I think they suck more to wait because you cant even cycle till it gets there.

Did you change "the list" any?

danthenewreefman

I'm going to try and post pictures of both of these favia everyday. It'll be cool to see their progress. Also -- I want to post pics of my sick monti cap daily so we can watch as it recovers! It'll be cool to look at it at the end!

newhead.jpg

newhead2.jpg

monti24hrs.jpg

danthenewreefman

faviaday3.jpg

3rdday.jpg

montiday3.jpg

Other than the monti that got beat up in shipping -- all the other SPS look great, I do see in the pictures they look brown-ish...trust me they're NOT! For example -- the branching sps in front left of the monti that brown, it's like a "goblin" green. my camera sucks, i want a new one! but i want more coral more!!!!!

Check your camera settings I got this OOOOLD piece of @*$# but it has a filter on it i can use to filter out the orange and red light and it makes everything look awesome.

danthenewreefman

I'm selling my Current T5 fixtures (hopefully) or trading them for Par-something LED bulbs.

I just ordered 3 of the BoostLED par30 4blue/1white 40degree optic bulbs!!! Hoping to make enough money to order at least 2 more! If i can't trade for um...

They say Excellent over 90par for 12x12 square. So my tanks 4x1.5ft=6sq feet.

So to have it dead sexy looks like imma need 3more. Sold another puppy today -- 2more to go.

danthenewreefman
lol your selling puppies im selling pills...We both have bad ways to pay for our habit >.>

damn man -- police gonna be knocking on your door in just a second!

danthenewreefman

damn i must say with SPS stuff you can see a difference in growth if you just don't look at um for like 3 days.

I've got some great growth going down.

Found another local selling guy -- bought a 4-5" deep purple/blue acro for $30...lol. Really thick looking, the base is 100% dead, looks like it just shaded itself out. I positioned it so the base will get plenty of light, hopefully it'll "re-encrust".

SPS are the shizneat. But god do you have to watch dKH seems like the eat that stuff up really quickly. Maybe 1dkh per week in my 75g, scarry with how little coral is in there!

I guess I see why people have to have calcium reactors, you can't dose alk/calcium 4x per day! lol And in a year it'll prob be necessary.

oh and -- Tinytank where are you man?!?!!!!!!!!!

-----

I still must say even after having the sps you sent me last time -- i was just trying to look around and see if you could actually buy big pieces of this stuff? I don't think you can, and even tiny pieces are super hard to fine! It is all grade A++ fantastic stuff. prolly would have been $40per tiny pieces if I had gotten from someone else.

i guess it's just that if anyone has anything like that for sale it just sales instantly.

and finally that chalice is looking more and more like the picture man! It's showing the yellow 24/7 now, it's more in love with ATIblue+ bulbs than I am!

danthenewreefman
Lol I have PLENTY KH and calcium to spare in my mix. Go look at the test results in my thread rofl

i been using IO cuz it is cheap and I have a lot of dKH calcium buffers already...but yes I shouldn't be having this problem if I'd just use reef crystals.

turkey-vacumed my right side today -- got little cyano popping up here and there with lil sumthin on diatoms too.

Got 2.5g sum mud water out.

do right side tomorrow. With no skimmer if I can keep my sand spotless just doing this 3-4x per year I'm 100% comfortable with that.

danthenewreefman

was without power from 2:30am to 6:45am. Everything survived and I see no evidence of it even happening.

Thank god.

I couldn't sleep at all.

danthenewreefman
Thats a stickler man. Good luck with the cyano war. Guess its time to start sounding the alarm again huh?

mehh. It is a constant battle. I mean -- I just wont sit back and let it grow, once I see it, I deal with it.

Archived