Coral Vue Hydros

75g of Reefer

danthenewreefman

danthenewreefman

learned a new coral ID by accident -- blue sympodium -- that's the scientific name for the blue clove type thing.

no wonder everyone hollering at me about them -- they're going for $50-$70 for a tiny frag! I'm rich! lol

not really, make me want to grow them move before cutting though.

I measured the colony -- it's 1.75 wide at widest point and 2.5 long. that's 4.375inches of coral/divided by .25 cube frags -- that's like 17frags X $30 = $510. or @ $70 per X 17 = 1200! lol

that's it -- I quit selling crack -- I'm selling coral on the streets.

coral are worth more per gram than heroin. lol

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
danthenewreefman
Thats what im doing >.> Il probably be pestering you for 4 or 5 frags of that sympodium towards the end of the year.

hit me up when ready -- joking on prices of course, I think I told one dude like $20 for 10 polyps of it. But I would prefer trades.

Well im working on getting a frag tank up now to hopefully get a decent auqaculture business started down the road so il be doing a lot of trading for specimens/colonies over the next year. Knowing my luck il finally fill it up with expensive corals and the water will catch fire like in a movie or something lol.

danthenewreefman

Firefish -- doing great everyone still ignores him

Clown goby -- holy ####, the starry blenny caught him in the open and literally tried to eat him. My blenny aint no joke! lol, I guess he just looks a little too similar for my blenny's taste.

danthenewreefman

and then just now the firefish came up to the starry blenny, looked at him real close for a second and then tried to bite his eyelash things off! and the starry blenny just turned his head and looked at him like: "WTF" but did nothing.

So a clown goby can't even be seen by the starry blenny. Yet the same starry blenny will let a fishfish put his entire "eyelash" thing in his eye and give it a good tug without doing anything?

lol. I guess it's all about appearance, and he just doesn't like the way the clown goby looks.

weird.

danthenewreefman

i had a 2 polyp frag GPE paly that got stung by another coral about a month ago. Never really opened afterwards, been getting smaller and smaller since then...

an astrea starfish (big one) came up and ate the polyps -- swear to god, he was directly over them centered, and now they're gone.

i guess they do eat anything dying or sick, but I've never seen them touch anything healthy looking.

crazy.

Now thats a good CUC member in my book. Takes the guess work out of whether or not to keep the frag lol. Sorry about the loss though that sucks man.

Is the asterina tan/black? If it is then it's possibly what I have in my tank. They DEFINITELY eat corals. I bought harlequin shrimp pair I have so many of those bastards.

danthenewreefman
Is the asterina tan/black? If it is then it's possibly what I have in my tank. They DEFINITELY eat corals. I bought harlequin shrimp pair I have so many of those bastards.

They do have some black on them. Some are all white, some are all white with some black-ish areas.

danthenewreefman
Now thats a good CUC member in my book. Takes the guess work out of whether or not to keep the frag lol. Sorry about the loss though that sucks man.

yeah I'm cool with them eating dying stuff. I like it.

I'd know by now if they were eating anythign else. I watch my tank like a hawk.

danthenewreefman

the maroon hovers right over the hammer each night before lights out rubbing his two pectoral fins over the polyps and putting them in his mouth.

doing this for a week at least, hopefully she'll start hosting it soon!

her bottom lip is really swollen, my ocellaris did this for a short amount of time, got the swollen face and left the hammer alone....hopefully the maroon will really really host this time around.

If she does, I'll def be getting her a boyfriend! I like those gold stripped ORA maroons.

Dan I got some new sps including new acros and montis. I also found a gold mine of a reefing buddy nearby with high end stuff if you are wanting another box shipped your way! Shoot me a PM and I'll get you some names to check out.

danthenewreefman

OMG -- so in one day

my girl

quit her job

quit school

and i kicked her out

wtf...jesus...good times.

Dan I got some new sps including new acros and montis. I also found a gold mine of a reefing buddy nearby with high end stuff if you are wanting another box shipped your way! Shoot me a PM and I'll get you some names to check out.

hommie -- you just tell me how much money you need! I don't need to see anything. My only request is something acro like but not green -- purple, blue, pink, etc...

Can we try post office express shipping this time though -- given we're doing just coral I know they'll be fine and it'll save me ~$50 in shipping cost.

I get paid Wednesday of next week, the 27th...you're right on time!

Hey man hows tax season treatin ya? Hopefully il be making my equipment order around the 28th :D...Shoulda told your girl if she was doing all that she mind as well go ahead and hit the pipe and get on the corner.

danthenewreefman
Hey man hows tax season treatin ya? Hopefully il be making my equipment order around the 28th :D...Shoulda told your girl if she was doing all that she mind as well go ahead and hit the pipe and get on the corner.

taxes are fine. we were expecting more but still going to get a nice amount. put puppies in the paper today, should be able to sell a few this weekend.

--

Slap me now...but I took her back....lol -- she was able to get the school/work things back in order, so she didn't completely fuxk everything up like I thought she had.

Well thats good man. I hear ya though we getting #### on like 2k...Still otta slap you though >.> btw man stop by my tank thread nobodys replied yet.

danthenewreefman

put puppies in paper today -- have someone coming "before noon" to hopefully buy one. I'd bet money he buys one.

Need a six-line to work on sum pods I've got eating my GPE colony. They look really rough, and I'm afraid it'll develop into a major problem if I don't nip it now. I've probably lost only 5 polyps so far, isn't an "infestation" by any means but def a problem.

danthenewreefman

stayed up last night sucking them off of the colony with a flashlight and turkey baster.

GOt a few, still several to get. Hopefully will be able to go get fish today.

Posted picture of them in beginner forum. crazy looking suckers.

danthenewreefman
For the record: A) That was a monster. B: You already lost the algae war if you loose the zoa munching pod war im renaming you Mr. Fail.

sold 3 puppies today! i will not fail -- going to LFS now, they do have them in stock. It's one i've never been to, but my people say they're great. just a 45min drive though....

danthenewreefman

metallic mushroom - 10$

sixline wrasse - $30

going to a fishstore where they have nice employees -- priceless.

danthenewreefman

the six-line really is a pod predator, never see anything like it.

It's a small one too, so it's going DEEP inside my rocks, I bet it's really feasting out in there. I like how as it hovers below the LR, it'll ocassionally bend its body to look up at the ceiling -- those eyes are just crazy, you can tell the eyes are just built to track the little buggers.

My tank salinity got up to 1.032! lol the acro looked mad --- now it looks happy again. My tanks dKH seems to really drop faster than the calcium, seems like I"m constantly adding alk buffer. I have IO (not reef crystals) so it's always on the low side -- but I got the 160g pale on sale for 42$ so I'll stick it out until it's allllll gone, or I might get 160g bucket of reef crystals and mix them half and half.

In the end I"ll start using reef crystals only. $42 was just to cheap to pass up locally.

dkh 11

ca+ 440ppm

pH 7.9-8.1

salinity 1.023

I never check anything else anymore unless I see algae issues. I am seeing a little something on algae, it's time for a week without food or so, that always helps the algae die off quick. And I'm hoping that it'll increase the pod consumption by the fish.

Probably gonna wait on reef keeper lite until latefeburary, I want more coral right now more than another gadjet, and tinytank got sum niccccccccce stuff work for me healing up. (told him he's my new LFS lol)

But for now I would like to get a few new bulbs, chemical media & a reefcleaners.org order. My drawf certh population is dwendling. But given there price....who cares! God I love johnmaloney. lol call me gay if you like!

Archived