inTank Media Baskets

75g of Reefer

danthenewreefman

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
danthenewreefman
Do yuo have that mushroom in your names signiture.If so could you get a photo.

post 115, it has two babies that just came off the base! Size of a...i dunno small.

looking at those pictures, The green slimer is at least 30-40% larger, and I've taken 2-3" off of it.

---

Nothing really to update on the tank, still fighting cyano, SPS all growing great.

Couple coral look rough from having the frag rack throw on them by maroon, moved rack to other side of tank and it's all good now. Probably lost 33% of the sunset monti but it'll recover fine.

Running a HOB stuffed with pillow-stuffing right now, did 5g water changes both yesterday and today. Got mukey water out of sand and from under cyano.

dKH 12

Ca+ 440

salinity, 1.025...my chinese refract gives me readings that range, probably 1-2 thousandths, but it's close enough (my coral say so).

Testing for anything else is ridiculous at this point with this tank, the cyano or other algae eat anything up, I never read anything but 0.

especially with the purigen/seagel in the reactor, I tell ya, that media reactor does help keep the sand clean, but the cyano on rocks seems to out-compete it.

danthenewreefman

found someone that sells 100 richordia for $600!

That's stupid, I could buy them all, cut them in quarters, and have 400 richordia in a couple months.

Sale them for $5 each....bank.

One day, one day...

high quality floridas.

danthenewreefman

Picking up, hopefully a pink milli and either a red or a pink goni when I get off.

anyone recommend the pink or red goniopora over the other?

--

It's just cruel, my LFS dude must know my pay schedule by now...he sends me tempting emails the day before payday EVERY month now lololololol.

danthenewreefman

only picked up a pink milli, emerald (green) & salt last night.

The goniopra just didn't look good at all.

---

It's funny, my LFS dude says " I've never seen a chalice put out sweepers" lol. I've never seen a chalice that DIDN"T put out sweepers.

He has all his coral spaced maybe 1-2inches apart in the huge frag tanks, never any aggresion.

I can take one of his coral home, and that very same night it'll go crazy with sweepers.

amazing.

The pink milli is like 3 branches about 2inches long, got it for $30. He had some for $70 that were softball sized colonies.

anyone near Dexter should DEF go pick one up if you can afford it. amazing peices. even has a duke blue milli and a carolina blue milli

danthenewreefman

may FTS, moved the green slimer, it had bubble algae growing off the rock it was mounted onto. Removed it from tank, broke rock off base & re attached it so both sides now get light.

The underside was dying from shading.

FTSmay2011.jpg

danthenewreefman
dexter at triad reefcritters?

the pink milli is.

Dude the ones he has for $50 are softball size, special of the week. That one (far right) was $30 (others weren't on sale yet)

lawnmowerblenny

word, me and you should def swap frags sometime...?

greensboro is much closer than kernersville 4 me.

I love his $10 section i have gotten awesome zoas from him for dirt cheap.

danthenewreefman
word, me and you should def swap frags sometime...?

greensboro is much closer than kernersville 4 me.

I love his $10 section i have gotten awesome zoas from him for dirt cheap.

swap sounds great, just give me a little more time (~a month). I've got about 40 frags of various SPS stuff mostly tri-colors. They've all encrusted the glue, I just want them a little better/bigger before we trade.

danthenewreefman

You said you like his 10$ section, I prefer his more expensive tanks. Just more bang for your buck IMO. way more.

got a 5-6head big elegance today for $50, it's huge at least 5" skeleton.

I told my girl to pick something, and after picking xenia (lol but no) she picked the elegance.

also got 4 acan "project" pieces for "free unless they live" lol... I think 2 will and 2 wont, we'll see.

danthenewreefman

I think they're all gonna live, this is 12hrs after placement roughly.

All still have tissue, and show feeding response (feeder tentacles). I have to pay my LFS man $5 per frag that survives...I think I'm going to owe him $20! 2 for sure will live and I put the other two at over 50/50.

100_4415.JPG

100_4416.JPG

100_4414.JPG

100_4413.JPG

lawnmowerblenny

Yeah def let me know, I have all sorts of soft, lps, and a few sps. prob b ready in about a month also...

my gbta split a few weeks back so I have 1 up for trade/sale also

danthenewreefman

Sounds good, I'm on vacation 2 weeks around july 4th...maybe we work something out for then.

---

3 ati purple+

3 ati blue+

ROX carbon

GFO

and bunch other various stuff ordered today.

I think that mix is going to look perfect, trying to keep to a 6month replacement cycle for bulbs...

danthenewreefman

blue+

purple+

blue+

purple+

blue+

purple+

That's just how I roll, everything just shipped out from Bulkreefsupply...berry berry excited!

my LFS man says all this negative stuff about T5s...then I look and see he is using crapolife bulbs, DUH!

bad T5 bulbs really can ruins ones experience all together for T5 technology.

cant wait to see this light combo!

danthenewreefman

I do like the combo 50/50 purple+/blue+

kinda red/purple/blue daylight looking.

some of my coral look amazingly different, especially the bird of paradise frags -- I thought they had no polyp extension...wrong, I just couldn't see it with such a uniformed blue+ color.

purple + is a winner, next time I probably will go

blue+

purple+

blue+

blue+

purple+

blue+

but I'm getting very close to the color I have in my mind that I want!

danthenewreefman
cant wait to see it...

look at first post, I posted the FTS. 50/50 mix of blue+ purple+ is ####ing awesome. love it.

ric+florida.JPG

100_4427.JPG

100_4423.JPG

100_4422.JPG

100_4421.JPG

100_4420.JPG

sick acan lords have been in my tank for 11 days.

all showing coloration now, except one but all are still alive and looking better everyday... :-)

danthenewreefman

Also, I switched to the Tuzune salt, well because it was the only one bulkreefsupply carried...

I like it, it's honestly the only salt I've ever tried that I would consider over Instant Ocean.

ReefCrystals & Coralife salt just didn't do it for me.

tzune disolves very clear fast, with happy coral during water change.

danthenewreefman

Dexter sends me an email every pay day, this isn't fair I have no chance to resist... :-)

resistance is futile

purple tang

powder blue

scopa

mmmmm

Dexter sends me an email every pay day, this isn't fair I have no chance to resist... :-)

resistance is futile

purple tang

powder blue

scopa

mmmmm

LOL..I know man.

danthenewreefman

had to go with the purple tang! $117.45 total, most I've ever spent on 1 item for my tank.

his colors are as good as any I've ever seen in photos, he had several to choose from still when I got there last night.

purple is doing good, little roughed up by yellow last night, but this morning they were getting along much better. turned all the lights off for while I'm at work, I want to be there when they first meet in the daylight!

he is right at the same size as the yellow, so i'm hoping this goes smooth.

Archived