Innovative Marine Aquariums

75g of Reefer

danthenewreefman

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
danthenewreefman

Hard doesn't begin to describe them. I will try another one eventually...probably do a 48hr acclimation. lol.

no seriously -- 48hrs.

The clam was my fault, 1000%, the starfish died on his own.

---

Yo, Scoopa -- we need to do sum frag trading. I....I got what you needddddddd! I know you got something sexy you wanta trade for some tri-color SPS stuff.

danthenewreefman

might be related to acclimation?

I'd think parameter but I've got more sensative stuff doing fine in the tank, like shrimp and acros/monti

lawnmowerblenny

YO!!! I HAVE BEEN TO TRIAD REEF CRITTERS!

Dexter is tight hes got the best prices I know of... But its like 2 hours for me to get over there I live in Boone...

We should trade some frags sometime bro...

Hard doesn't begin to describe them. I will try another one eventually...probably do a 48hr acclimation. lol.

no seriously -- 48hrs.

The clam was my fault, 1000%, the starfish died on his own.

---

Yo, Scoopa -- we need to do sum frag trading. I....I got what you needddddddd! I know you got something sexy you wanta trade for some tri-color SPS stuff.

I guess you are talking to me :P . I dont have much man, just some zoas, and those are small frags. Once I get this 75 going, then we can make it happen.

Hey man kinda skipped on past what I missed but figured id let ya know im back on NR for the time being. Drop by my thread sometime in the next couple days im gunna get some pics up. Gotta work tomorrow though or id do it in the morning. Anyway man sorry you lost a clam and a star...hopefully they went to invert hell for dieing on you for no reason :P

danthenewreefman

well after much neglect tank seems fine. Only coral not looking good is green slimer,

dKH 7

ca+ 500

so I put a good amount of dKH buffer to get it to 10 today, probably boost it to 12 dKH tomorrow.

Cleaned the evo1400s with vinegar, got um shiny! And added 600gph koralia had round house to bring turnover to ~50x.

I imagine the slimer will look better tomorrow, hopefully.

Cleaned the cyano off rocks, cleaned glass & did 25g (~33%) water change.

Running the media reactor made a difference throughout this super mini crash (guess you could call it that?), there was nothing brown algae wise growing anywhere and the sand remained shiny, but green algae covered the glass and cyano had 10% coverage on rocks.

danthenewreefman

changed another 20g+.

manual skimmer.

Changed media reactor media - 250ml Purigen, 250ml Seagel. Seachem brand whoring.

I want to try their salt, but IO is just too readily available and cheap ($13 for 50g bag rounds dez parts)

danthenewreefman

WOw big difference, in combination with the 60-70% WC using the 250ml Purigen in the reactor on top of the 250ml seagel is making a biiiiiiggggg difference.

No green film algae on glass after 48hrs! wow!

Green slimer looking normal again, stilll slight skeletal discoloration but polyps are extended like normal again.

danthenewreefman

still no green film algae on front glass! And I've been feeding 1x per day!

me gusta purigen MUCHO MUCHO!

redkneecoral

wow, awesome no green algae on ya glass, lucky dawg.

I have to scrape my glass everyday or every other day

danthenewreefman

it came back, just prolongs the need for cleanings. cyano is being nasty this time around. still fighting that #####

redkneecoral

I feel for you, i surely don't like cyano. What a pain.

I hope you kick it's tail soon

danthenewreefman

well the cyano was removed last night and it didn't make a big come back (yet). Had to get like 5g total water with a turkey baster to get it ALL.

made 33 frags!

wow, looks great! How hard is keeping the star, reef safe, any problems or warnings? Also what calcium or supplements do u use for clam if any?

danthenewreefman

I'd put it up there with a green gonapora

when it doesn't move for 24hrs do something would be myy tip

danthenewreefman

OK so...

I removed open brain b/c maroon was beasting on it. it was in front left corner of tank.

after removing it...if I sit ANYTHING in that general area she goes ape #### on it.

I had a frag rack with about 15 frags on the sand, she flipped it and literally ripped 1/2 the sps frags off the plug!

I derno if she did it last night....

but I made a rack for the glass, thinking she'll be more comfortable with that...

nope, woke up this morning to the rack half empty with bunch of sps peices missing!

BEAST! You wouldn't think a little 1/4 lb fish (IF THAT) could carry about a 4x6 chunk of eggcrate...but you'd be wrong like me...b/c it can!

damn maroons are just ####ing GANGstar

danthenewreefman
Lol that is epic man. I want one of those carolina's man those are epic. Look kinda like a light tarheels blue.

exactly are! I just called them tarheel b/c they were carolina blue.

BUT, some polyps are changing colors, they're starting to look pinwheeled with carolina blue/pink

ATI blue+ makes them happy!

---

The frag rack....this morning I awoke, it's literally on the top peak of my LR!

how the #### does that little fish carry that thing in such strong current!

amazing.

Archived