Innovative Marine Aquariums

Banjo's Biocube 29

Banjo

SouthFlorida_Tron

Mine is hung about 7-8" above the tank by two L-Brackets from Lowe's ($2.50 each)

9 timers from

0/20/20 30min

15/30/30 30min

25/40/40 30min

35/50/50 60min (peak for 4 hours)

25/40/40 60min

15/30/30 30min

0/20/20 30min

0/5/0 30min

0/0/0 15min (no lunar)

2pm-12am...

No lunar cuz when it's anywhere over 3%, bc14 is so small it lights up the whole tank lol

Any critique is welcome since I'm brand new to this...only my 3rd week.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I like how you have yours hung. It's pretty sweet.

Your intensity looks really good for the BC14. I'd probably stick with that and judge where you are after a month or so. I think I might boost up my white and lower my blues. My look is a little too blue.

And yeah, lol. 4% on blue only almost makes it more than moonlights on the BC29. But in AI's manual they say you should use 4% when running the lunar cycle due to a good portion of the month there is not much light, so if you chose lower (1 or 2%) your tank would be dark the majority of the time.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sweet, very clean, I wanted to do brackets like that but with the huge picture frame above my tank, simpler was easier.

Yeah, I like the design of the AI as far as mount goes. I thought it was going to be pretty lame when I ordered it, but didn't realize it'd be easy to just thread and loop steel cable around the screw. Makes it look like it's stock. I was going to order the hanging kit, but I'm definitely glad I waited until it got here.

Well, I took out my Truncate Anthias tonight. Going to replace it with something else. I'm thinking a Cherub but not 100% sure yet.

• 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Have you cranked yours yet? Mine are up to 75/90/90 on a 4 hr peak, had it at 60/75/75 and everything was soaking it in (softy wise) but my SPS didn't show much PE so I cranked it.

Everything in the tank came from a zero edge with 2x250 MH + 2x3ft t5s.

Nah, I am too afraid of burning everything, lol. I think I'm already at the high end for my LPS. My trachy is getting noticeably more pastel and it's probably due to too much light. It was a bright red under my T5s, now almost a light red/pink. I think I'll have to end up moving it.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I moved my froggy to the sand, and SPS / clam up to the top, with less flow, they weren't opening up.

We'll see...

How is the Derasa doing after that dip?

You will be getting a ton of light with those high of settings. Just watch some of your corals as they'll probably need sunglasses

I moved him to where the frogspawn was, more light, less flow, see how he does

Yeah, definitely. I'd imagine you could place him anywhere in the tank and the light would be sufficient. They don't need a ton and the AI I'm sure doesn't leave a single dark spot on a BC14.

SouthFlorida_Tron

So I re did the lights:

0/20/20

20/40/40

40/60/60

65/85/85

40/60/60

20/40/40

0/20/20

0/0/10

Did the switch more xuz flow

I re-did mine as well. Was looking too blue

0/15/15

10/30/30

30/50/50

40/70/70

50/80/80

40/70/70

30/50/50

10/30/30

0/15/15

0/4/0

You have yours set more powerful than me lol. I might bump my numbers up to 60/90/90 at peak once I moved around some coral.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Lol x2 post, dumb iPhone. All the acros at the top along with clam are opening, and good PE. But the Monticello in the middle I may be noticing some white coloration beginning.

Good! Anything that shows duller colors/white definitely move it down. And I told you I didn't kill your clam, lol. ;)

SouthFlorida_Tron
Good! Anything that shows duller colors/white definitely move it down. And I told you I didn't kill your clam, lol. ;)

Touche'

PS, your about to get jealous, teasers...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Not quite, yes n no, traded my huge ricordea cluster for something more........real :P

Dslr arrives tomorrow lol

Archived