Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Banjo's Biocube 29

Banjo

Why'd you start dosing vodka? Your tank looks clean to me! Reaching ULNS is not good for LPS and birdnest....I found that out first hand in my 75g tank.

I can't get my nitrates below 10 or so. No matter what I do it seems. I'm going to try it out for the time being and I plan on feeding the tank very heavily once I hit 0/0. We'll see how it goes and I can adjust if necessary.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw your tank! Great job! Any chance for an updated picture?

It's been over a month already!

Liz :D

Yaaaaaaa bannnnnnmJO....

Piczors!

Thank you :)

I'll have to grab the DSLR from my GF this weekend and I'll take some! I have like 5 new corals, but half of them are ugly (very browned out) due to a shipping problem. We'll have to see how the pictures turn out!

Alright so here's some updated pictures:

These first three pictures are of a shipment of Acropora that I received a few weeks ago. FedEx had a "mechanical delay" and they arrived in two days instead of overnight. Surprised everything wasn't dead. I got a full refund and also got to keep the pieces that survived. They are incredibly browned out, but hopefully will regain their color soon :)

Tri color:

DSC_0020.jpg

Royal blue tip with light blue base:

DSC_0037.jpg

Mille:

DSC_0012.jpg

Here are updated pictures of corals that I haven't photographed in a while:

Pink Acro:

DSC_0042.jpg

Hammer/Frogspawn:

DSC_0038.jpg

ORA Birdsnest:

DSC_0009.jpg

Maxi Mini:

DSC_0028.jpg

Nice shots; I like the nem. :)

Thanks seabass :)

Gimme a new FTS with Sol plz

Lol, aren't you picky. My tank is way too green and brown right now. Almost embarrassing. Maybe once things start to color up!

Banjo, where are you getting your corals from!? They look amazing!

all that is missing is

pboylei-vid.jpg

Paracentropyge boylei,

What type of angel is that?

all that is missing is

Buy me one. Now!!!!!!

Like my #### isn't brown...???

LMAO, yeah but not as brown as these half dead corals -_- I'm surprised they even have their polyps out.

Banjo, where are you getting your corals from!? They look amazing!

Thanks! Liveaquaria/Vivid/LFS are where most have came from.

He had it in spoilers :P

Paracentropyge Boylei

I want

Paracentropyge Boylei also known as the Peppermint Angel perhaps the most sought after and rarest aquarium fish of all time. Found only in deep water reefs of 400+ feet in the Cook Islands.

as Banjo said I put it in the spoiler :D

Buy me one. Now!!!!!!

lol there is only one in captivity and I don't think its for sale :P

I love your tank. how is the vodka dosing going for you. i just started the same last week so i haven't seen any results yet.

I love your tank. how is the vodka dosing going for you. i just started the same last week so i haven't seen any results yet.

Thank you :)

I can't tell yet. I too just started roughly a week ago. Here's for the best!

Tron, here's your damn FTS: -_-

July20111.jpg

Another one I took earlier of the duncans:

July20115.jpg

He's really deflated in that picture actually. I think I've been burning him from the Sol. Need to find a better spot.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Tron, here's your damn FTS: -_-

Damn right... Thatssss more like it... I'll be snapping the new color scale around the 1st. See how the corals react n then I'll return the favor on FTS :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

Btw, also just did a side by side comparison. The LpS look much more florescent in colors, just not as extended since the light is more intense towards the bottom.

The SPS seem great as well but harder to tell because of the angle.

Niceee :) How are you liking your camera?

My LPS are more pale due to the light. Especially the trachy. I've been contemplating getting rid of most of them and going full SPS.

We'll see...

Something I may consider if I ever find a damn Solana for sale, lol.

I think you should keep your LPS!

Haha I saw your post for a Solana....sounds like you should just buy a new one. Although I bought mine used for CHEAP and cleaned it with muriatic acid and it looked brand spankin' new....you could always do that.

Archived