Top Shelf Aquatics

Banjo's Biocube 29

Banjo

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Banjo what kind of parameters are you getting out of the Reef Crystals? I'm about to pick some up from DFS.

This is going to sound bad, but I have never actually checked a fresh batch, lol. I just go by the chart on Reef Central.

Him And squirrel turned me onto it. Changing Monday for first time, well see what happens!

It's so much more convenient then lugging water to and from the LFS :)

holy hell, talk about colors

Thank you!!!

Well, I still do that for RO lol.

Lol, oh true. That sucks. I guess for a 14gal it's not too bad.

Haha well I guess I'll just have to see for myself....I've got some coming should be here Friday.

You won't be disappointed. There's a reason it's so popular. :happy:

Very nice FTS, Banjo. I've been busy, sorry, and haven't been able to follow the thread.

You know, I never loved the look of the biocubes. That slight bowing in the front bothered me & I tend to not like All in ones. Good luck finding a new tank.

Hahaha, my ADA is looking very tempting to convert. :lol: But, I'll have to settle for my corner bow and, and yes, there's an and... My 8g finnex. Look for it in the pico section. Did a huge update in my biotope. I'm tired.

llj

Very nice FTS, Banjo. I've been busy, sorry, and haven't been able to follow the thread.

You know, I never loved the look of the biocubes. That slight bowing in the front bothered me & I tend to not like All in ones. Good luck finding a new tank.

Hahaha, my ADA is looking very tempting to convert. :lol: But, I'll have to settle for my corner bow and, and yes, there's an and... My 8g finnex. Look for it in the pico section. Did a huge update in my biotope. I'm tired.

llj

Haha. Thank you for the good luck!

Ohhh, already another tank. Moving fast hm? :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
we can still tell how awesome you tank is :)

Thanks Squared :P

I haven't looked at this thread in a little while, but when I saw the FTS, all I could say was WOW

Absolutely amazing tank!

Thank you yoshii!!! I haven't updated in a bit, been so busy lately. Back to school for my graduate degree and working full time. Pretty much sucks :(

Here's a full tank shot. I moved some stuff around, but nothing new added yet. I really hate the way LEDs photograph. :(

8-13-2011.jpg

Wow buddy, your tank is truly epic and an inspiration. How are the LEDs working for you? I ask you this because when I set up my 34g Solana I thought about getting an LED fixture like yours but I was still a bit skeptical on whether it would get the job done or not. At the end, I went for a T5 fixture and am pretty happy with it.

Now, if you don't like they way the LED fixture is hung then why don't you build a lamp tree? I personally think that your tank would look more sleek if you went for lamp tree but this is just my opinion ;)

Oh I thought you died...

Graduate degree... Oh, you did lol

Lol, yeah. Stupid me. Worst decision ever! But now I've spent too much money to stop, lol. All it is, is presentation after presentation after huge paper after extra huge paper after case study, etc. So annoying.

Wow buddy, your tank is truly epic and an inspiration. How are the LEDs working for you? I ask you this because when I set up my 34g Solana I thought about getting an LED fixture like yours but I was still a bit skeptical on whether it would get the job done or not. At the end, I went for a T5 fixture and am pretty happy with it.

Now, if you don't like they way the LED fixture is hung then why don't you build a lamp tree? I personally think that your tank would look more sleek if you went for lamp tree but this is just my opinion ;)

Hey,

Thank you for the comment! I love the LEDs and would never go back. Being able to dial in the exact color, great intensity, never replacing bulbs, no heat, etc. too many pros to even list.

I do like the way my fixture is hung. It looks very clean in person. I thought about a lamp tree, but eh, this works for me for now, haha.

Both our tanks love the LEDs

@Aqua Illumination

:happy:

hey your sps looks awesome , i'm having the same problem at time to get nice photos, its to bright in some points, maybe we will need another tipe of flash support ,

hey your sps looks awesome , i'm having the same problem at time to get nice photos, its to bright in some points, maybe we will need another tipe of flash support ,

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, LEDs are a huge pain in the ass.

Nothing really to update as nothing has really changed or been added. I did order an Apex Jr. and a couple BRS dosers to automate my daily dosing. It was a needed change as I've been neglecting my tank since I've been so busy. I lost an SPS colony and decided enough was enough. This should stabilize it without me needing to remember the daily chore.

This will also allow me to monitor a few things, which is nice. Though the other reason I got it (besides automation) was a backup for my heater come winter. I like to have all my windows open and when it gets in the 50s/60s here, don't want to have to worry about the proper tank temperature and the heater failing. Can't put a price tag on peace of mind.

Might make some room at some point and get rid of some of my stuff. I want a few really nice ORA frags but I just have no where to put them. :(

SouthFlorida_Tron

A polarizer for your go's dslr will help, but good ones cost about $100. They attach to the front of the lens. Also, I ran out of room too! It's so damn tight, damn BTA is taking all the room.

• 2 months later...

Archived