Top Shelf Aquatics

Banjo's Biocube 29

Banjo

welcome to the club....beware and start low! its got some B@lls.... lol, im still tweaking mine...

Haha, I hear you. Well, I guess I actually don't as at peak it's 40/90/90. Lol. Maybe I should turn it down a notch..

wait why did you switch fixtures i thought you had the mu

I did have the Mu, but after thinking about it for awhile I decided to get a dimmable unit instead. I loved the Mu, but if I went full on LEDs instead of T5s, I wanted all the bells and whistles along with them.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

The rb still has a lot of par on it, so ya, I know u came from LEDs so it shouldnt be as stressful, but I think it penetrates harder than the MU

This tank should be a future TOTM, amazing colors!

Thank you yoshii! I hope so :]

The rb still has a lot of par on it, so ya, I know u came from LEDs so it shouldnt be as stressful, but I think it penetrates harder than the MU

Yeah, that's what I figured. Only thing that does worry me is the optics. We'll see though!

What is the coral in the bottom left corner? Does it host your clowns?

It's a bubble coral and that it does. They're always in it.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I've had mine set to about 20-25% white & blues, today I started the 4 hr peak at 35%, next week should I just kick it up to 50 or keep goin slow?... Everything is still poppin like whoa.

I've had mine set to about 20-25% white & blues, today I started the 4 hr peak at 35%, next week should I just kick it up to 50 or keep goin slow?... Everything is still poppin like whoa.

I would definitely take it as slow as you can.

Nice Banjo, I really like your red/green favia and florida rics. Could I get a closer pic of those? :D

Thank you :) I do not have any rics though, which coral are you referring to? Next time I take pictures, I'll get some of the favia.

Deleted User 4
Thank you :) I do not have any rics though, which coral are you referring to? Next time I take pictures, I'll get some of the favia.

Nice!!It's on your 1st picture in page 6, a little left above your acans. I'm sure they're ricordias.

Haha, soon as my GF gets back from vacation and I get to steal her DSLR again. So maybe like a week!

I'm still using the same. My numbers are something like this (from what I remember)

----WH BL RB

12pm 0 15 15

1pm 10 30 30

2pm 20 50 50

3pm 30 70 70

4pm 40 90 90

7pm 30 70 70

8pm 20 50 50

9pm 10 30 30

10pm 0 15 15

11pm 0 4 0 (with Lunar Cycle enabled for whole night)

SouthFlorida_Tron

True... Not toooo blue? Very 20k look?

With lunar, does it keep the white led from 1-5% every night?

True... Not toooo blue? Very 20k look?

With lunar, does it keep the white led from 1-5% every night?

It's right around 20k at peak. I may raise the white up a bit.

With lunar it changes. Sometimes it's 0 or 1, other times it's like 6. It depends upon the day of the month.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I cranked my blues up a bit during peak, 50 tho, not 90 lol....whites are still 20-35... See how everything reacts. I started at 15% few weeks ago, and each time I raise it, the corals open more and more....

man you really crank up the light between 3 and 8. Have you noticed any bleaching in any of your coral?

I have not noticed any bleaching or even signs of possible bleaching this far. Though I have only ran the light a little over a week. At the first sign, I'll reduce the numbers. But even my LPS are fine with the intensity thus far, so I'm assuming everything should be okay.

I cranked my blues up a bit during peak, 50 tho, not 90 lol....whites are still 20-35... See how everything reacts. I started at 15% few weeks ago, and each time I raise it, the corals open more and more....

Yeah, haha. I started at I think 25-60-60 for peak for a day or two and I was like... screw it, let's see what this thing can do. Though I did transition from another LED fixture, so that is a factor as well.

Banjo, what ramp times are you using on each setting?

I use 15 minute ramp times.

What intensity are you running yours at? Ramp times too? Do you have the moonlights enabled?

Same question for you SouthFlorida_Tron

Also, roughly how high do you guys have yours hung above the tank?

Oh okay, nice DIY for the leg mounts. Looks really good.

I have mine hanging 12" above the water line so I can also get some increased intensity from that alone.

I keep checking to see if AI or someone else will com out with some longer legs that will work with the standard rails they sell, but have found nothing yet.

I keep checking to see if AI or someone else will com out with some longer legs that will work with the standard rails they sell, but have found nothing yet.

Yeah. It wasn't too big a deal since i already had a wall mount in place from my previous lights. I just cut up some steel cable and hung it by the screws attached to the fixture.

What intensity do you peak at?

Oh okay. I'd say with our difference from the water line we see similar PAR values. Very pretty aquarium by the way. That purple/blue acro up top is gorgeous :)

Archived