Top Shelf Aquatics

MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist

Yeah, I think my mom and brothers will keep on him. His biggest problem right now is that he can't sleep for more than 2 hours or so at a time.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

MJ, my gorgs are looking great with the stuff John sent. Hope it does well for you! Remember to keep the little paper thing in the lid and screw the lid on tight. Keep the bottle in the fridge too.

Militant Jurist
MJ, my gorgs are looking great with the stuff John sent. Hope it does well for you!

Me too! Know anywhere to get some inexpensive gorgs?

Remember to keep the little paper thing in the lid and screw the lid on tight. Keep the bottle in the fridge too.

Wilco! My fridge is basically empty right now, so that's not a problem. <_<

Needreefunds

Pretty funny, John should be shipping mine today as well :lol:

Forgot all about the free keys stuff <_<

Geez, getting old sux

:happy:

Time to move forward my friend.

Militant Jurist

That's a pretty wicked gorg! I'd probably stick with photosynthetic at first, but I do have a 15g and a 7g I can build, so maybe a NPS tank will be in my future.

yea its one of the things that has me thinking about diying a sulfer reactor.

someday.

Militant Jurist
Pretty funny, John should be shipping mine today as well :lol:

Forgot all about the free keys stuff <_<

Geez, getting old sux

Nice! Did you do express or priority? Mine's coming express because of the chitons and limpets, so I should have a package waiting for me tonight! :happy:

I think at some point you and I need to do a swap anyways, so maybe I can grow out whatever John sends, and I can send some your way. After all, this is a freebie coming to me. ;) The last freebie from John has grown really well, so hopefully I can do the same again. I've been having good luck with macros in the 29. DH's flame algae has gotten big!

Time to move forward my friend.

Indeed. I'm just starting to wonder if moving forward will this time involve moving backwards. I've been talking with my ex again, who may be moving to my part of Ohio. We split up because her unavailability (and her family in part trying to keep her unavailable) was driving me nuts. However, we've been talking quite a bit lately, so that's a change. She evens says she's going to come down to Columbus when she is on break and back in the state to see me, but I'll believe it when it happens. It's all rather odd, the timing of things.

yea its one of the things that has me thinking about diying a sulfer reactor.

someday.

I can't say I've even heard of one of those!

Deleted User 6

on the gorg, john actually has some, lol. i got mine from sealifeinc with another order. not sure if they need overnight or not.

Militant Jurist
on the gorg, john actually has some, lol. i got mine from sealifeinc with another order. not sure if they need overnight or not.

omgomgomg

I'm not sure how I missed that. Although, I think he added stuff after he ended the sale. Maybe I'll be lucky and a gorg will be the free item from the Keys?

I didn't get anything special. Some snails some chitons. Going to split then up between the 3 tanks I have here.. For some reason john cannot find my order that should've been here today. So I have to reorder everything and wait till next week Bummer

Deleted User 6
omgomgomg

I'm not sure how I missed that. Although, I think he added stuff after he ended the sale. Maybe I'll be lucky and a gorg will be the free item from the Keys?

i wouldn't be surprised if he added a gorg frag.

Militant Jurist
I didn't get anything special. Some snails some chitons. Going to split then up between the 3 tanks I have here.. For some reason john cannot find my order that should've been here today. So I have to reorder everything and wait till next week Bummer

:( That's really weird. My guess, though, is that John will probably compensate for the delay with some extra goodies. ;)

i wouldn't be surprised if he added a gorg frag.

fingerscrossed

Yeah who knows. I still didn't put my new skimmer in that I got last Friday. Too nice out to play in the house. A gorg sounds awesome I always wanted 1 of those. I'll just be happy to get my snails.

Militant Jurist

I'm sure it will be all kinds of fun once you get them! I still need to actually get a skimmer for this tank. I'm not in a hurry yet though, because I haven't even hooked up a sump yet. :rolleyes:

Militant Jurist

I have my ReefCleaners' Shipment! Of course, there was drama, just like everything else this week. <_<

The carrier, in his infinite wisdom, decided to NOT leave my package. He leaves a slip, but with a different phone number written on it. So I call at 5:30; they closed at 4. I had a nice lady on the phone, so I thought I'd see what I could do. I bust out some of my lawyerly skills (dispute resolution, etc) and explain that I paid extra shipping for express to get it today, and there was no reason why it shouldn't have been delivered today. I explained that it was time sensitive, and that I needed the package tonight. So, she found my package, and told me to drive behind the post office into the restricted area, and get it from there. Turns out, it was a substitute carrier today, and that he "didn't feel comfortable" leaving the package most likely. They said I can talk to the normal guy in the future or just leave a note for them to do their job and leave the package.

Long story short, I'm just glad I have my package! Photos will come. They are temp acclimating for a few more minutes, and then I need to go to the grocery store. After dinner, there will be photos!

Yippeeee for your delivery LOL . I didn't have a skimmer at all in the tank just a crappy one that I used for 2 weeks. I picked up a vertex in 100 looks good sitting on the floor next to the tank LOL I will install it over the weekend. Better news I have been looking for a Kole tang so I ordered 1 I can go pick him up tomorrow. I have pics of the skimmer in my thread. You should go see how pretty it is sitting there waiting to be put in giggle

Militant Jurist
omgomgomg

Yippeeee for your delivery LOL .

I didn't have a skimmer at all in the tank just a crappy one that I used for 2 weeks. I picked up a vertex in 100 looks good sitting on the floor next to the tank LOL I will install it over the weekend.

I always did think that equipment did look best sitting on the floor. :P

Better news I have been looking for a Kole tang so I ordered 1 I can go pick him up tomorrow. I have pics of the skimmer in my thread. You should go see how pretty it is sitting there waiting to be put in giggle

A Kole tang! omgomgomg

Pictures are uploading!

I'm not sure why the pictures have such a yellowish/green tint. :unsure: But here goes!

Fuzzies:

100_1383.jpg

Limpet:

100_1384.jpg

Red Gracilaria:

100_1382.jpg

Halimeda Monile (I think):

100_1380.jpg

Ulva:

100_1381.jpg

Next up, my new purchases. :o

The water test came back fantastic, so I decided to celebrate (to make up for the crappy week thus far) with two new acquisitions. They were $15 each, and I couldn't help myself.

First, a blasto:

100_1379.jpg

And, what are the odds of me wanting a gorg, and then finding a bunch of cheap frags of a photosynthetic gorg at Phishys?

100_1378.jpg

But the question is, what kind is it?

Militant Jurist

Thanks! Me too! :happy:

I didn't buy the sand today, because the price at the LFS seemed high compared to what I saw it for online. Heck, the old bag from the same store was $18, and now it's $36. However, the price seems to have jumped online as well! It was around $20, and now, with shipping, it's $36 or so. What happened to the price of sand? And this is for dry sand! It's basically as expensive as buying live sand! :huh:

Archived