Coral Vue Hydros

MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist
Happy about your dad. I still will be sending my prayers to him.

Thanks. :happy: I know everyone in the family will be able to rest a bit easier once he's home.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude after every thing that's gone down in the last couple of days for you. I would bet that most every one on here would make the time to buy you beer & just hang out for a couple hours. If she can't do that much than it says some thing. Till now I'd have said give it some time n see but looks like you have an awnser to how long you should give it.

Militant Jurist
Dude after every thing that's gone down in the last couple of days for you. I would bet that most every one on here would make the time to buy you beer & just hang out for a couple hours. If she can't do that much than it says some thing. Till now I'd have said give it some time n see but looks like you have an awnser to how long you should give it.

That really does put things in a different perspective! You're also completely dead on. Over the weekend, she offered to stop by my house to check up on my animals, the tanks, etc, since I rushed out on Friday, but that's something any decent human being living near my house probably would have offered. If she really is unwilling to make time to spend with me, it certainly is telling of her true interests I suppose.

Did she know about your dad's problem? Any sympathy offered?

People don't change, especially self centered people.

This particular circumstance, which bitts has so aptly point towards, may say something about this persons ability to get "outside" of herself. Lack of ability, or perhaps desire, to be empathetic does not seem to be a "virtue" one would look for in a partner.

no.gif

Militant Jurist
Did she know about your dad's problem? Any sympathy offered?

Yeah, she knew. This is what prompted her to offer to swing by my house. We talked a bit after I made it to the hospital on Friday, because she wanted to know how things were going. We didn't talk after that, with her working on Saturday, and she spent Sunday with family during the day, and studying at night. I haven't heard (phone or text) from her since Sunday morning, which was when she said she would "maybe catch [me] later this week."

People don't change, especially self centered people.

This particular circumstance, which bitts has so aptly point towards, may say something about this persons ability to get "outside" of herself. Lack of ability, or perhaps desire, to be empathetic does not seem to be a "virtue" one would look for in a partner.

no.gif

I don't think the empathy is a problem, but getting "'outside' of herself" seems to be what I'm running up against. I'm a pretty understanding guy... I know the demands of work and of professional school. I guess what really got my goat was her "maybe catch you later" response. Something along the lines of "I can't then, but how about X day at Y time?" would have really not represented a problem to me. Her response, put through my translator, seems to say "it doesn't really matter what you want, because seeing you isn't really that convenient to me right now." This was the same problem I had with my old gf, and caused the tension that eventually caused us to split. So it makes things seem even worse, given that my old gf was MUCH more communicative than the girl I'm dating. Not only did my old gf want me to call her Saturday and Sunday with an update, she called (or texted when her phone wouldn't place calls) at other times to check in, and wanted to talk with me as I was making the 2 hour drive back home, I think so that I'd have something else to think about. What did I get from the vet for the whole weekend? Maybe three text messages and one short phone call.

arg.....

It does feel good to vent though. ;) I really do like the vet, and I wish things would just work out. However, the whole "seeing her maybe twice a month" thing, especially now, really, really sucks.

Very, very glad to hear that your Dad is continuing to do well. :)

Agree with the others that it may be time to move on with the Vet. :(

Militant Jurist
Very, very glad to hear that your Dad is continuing to do well. :)

Thanks Weetie. :happy:

Agree with the others that it may be time to move on with the Vet. :(

Yeah, it is seeming more and more to be the case. I haven't heard from her today, but my old gf,managed to find the time to send me a few text messages to see how things were. Oh, I should also mention that my old gf is also in vet school (different school though), also has straight A's, and somehow she's managed to find time to talk with me.

Needreefunds

Just caught up here Tyler.

Happy about Dad! I hope he returns home soon, and in good health.

Not much to say about the relationship that has not been touched on already. I had hopes -because of the feeling you seemed to have for her- that she may come around, but this latest series of events really speak for themselves. <_< I mean we aren't even talking about spending time, but the lack of a simple text or phone call to check in ?? Certainly is not too much to ask from even the most busy of persons. *sigh* :(

Please send Dad a "get well soon" from your NR buds won't you? :)

Militant Jurist

Happy about Dad! I hope he returns home soon, and in good health.

Thanks. :happy:

Not much to say about the relationship that has not been touched on already. I had hopes -because of the feeling you seemed to have for her- that she may come around, but this latest series of events really speak for themselves. <_< I mean we aren't even talking about spending time, but the lack of a simple text or phone call to check in ?? Certainly is not too much to ask from even the most busy of persons. *sigh* :(

Yeah, it does seem awfully damning. If she doesn't call tonight, that will be a complete day of no communication.... and probably the nail in the coffin. -_-

Will do!

I hope -because of the feeling you seemed to have for her- that she may come around

+1

Militant Jurist

I forgot to take pictures, but I did in fact get the MP40 wired up and running! It took a while to get the noise levels down, but I think I've got it dialed in. I placed it on the left side, about 2/3 of the way up the side.

I'm going to add some sand tonight, from the partial bag I've had laying around. I'll need to go pick up another bag when from the LFS tomorrow night.

Militant Jurist
Dry sand well rinsed, correct?

Yeah, it's just dry sand. I usually don't rinse dry aragonite sand, but since this has been sitting in a bag since September, I probably should dump it in a bucket for a good soak and rinse. Good catch!

Ok, I revise my time table.... all sand will be going in TOMORROW.

Militant Jurist

"I want to focus on school for a while."

Well, I guess that answers those questions. In a way, it's a bit ironic. A while ago, she had asked how me and my ex broke up, and I explained that I was so bad in part because it happened two days after my birthday. The vet was so pissed about this, and couldn't believe someone would do such a thing. But now, here she is, just when I could actually use someone to spend time with, if for nothing more than a distraction, pulling this kind of crap. I've decided I'm not even going to reply to that message from her. There's really nothing to say. -_-

Ah to hell with her LOL Happy you got the MP40 Bout time LOL Still hoping dad will be fine. We are all here for you. :0)

Militant Jurist
sure there are, but if you cant say anything nice..........

Very true. I guess that is one thing I did actually learn when I was a kid. ;)

Ah to hell with her LOL

Indeed. I tend to think that everything happens for a reason... the down side is that this time, I kind of have an inkling of what that might be, and I'm not sure it will turn out so great either. :mellow:

Happy you got the MP40 Bout time LOL

:D Very true. It was a long time coming on this one. I need to mount it somewhere, and I'm thinking about doing so on the outside of the stand, so that it is exposed to less moisture.

Still hoping dad will be fine. We are all here for you. :0)

Thanks :happy: It sounds like he gets to go home this afternoon, which will make him happy. I guess he's already been up and walking around under his own power quite a bit!

sure there are, but if you cant say anything nice..........

but you can say them in the lounge were its funny.

Militant Jurist
but you can say them in the lounge were its funny.

I avoid that place like the plague. I'll just leave them in my head, and then use them later when I need to spill a bit of wrath upon someone! I need it occasionally when I'm working.

Militant Jurist

Well, my dad has been discharged from the hospital. Now it's just rehab and relaxing for a while. That, and lots of drugs. :mellow:

In other (better) news, my order from John shipped today! I don't really have any way of testing the water reliably, but I'd have to think that after 3 (or has it been 4) weeks, the water should be safe for a CUC. I'll also be doing a bit of a WC once the sand goes in.

There will be two macros (some Red Gracilaria, and the one penny.... I forgot to order ulva :( ). I also put in a request for the mysterious "Free Keys stuff." Can't wait to see what it is!

Oh, and DH, after seeing you talking about John's filter food, I picked up a container of that as well. Can't wait to see if I can replicate your results. I'm thinking a gorgonia might be in my future. ;)

"I want to focus on school for a while."

Well that sucks. On the bright side, at least it's some closure, no more worrying about it.

Well, my dad has been discharged from the hospital. Now it's just rehab and relaxing for a while. That, and lots of drugs. :mellow:

In other (better) news, my order from John shipped today!

And lots of good news to offset the bad! Not such a crappy day afterall!

Militant Jurist
Well that sucks. On the bright side, at least it's some closure, no more worrying about it.

Yup. Well, at least until she eventually (I suspect) tries to call and wants to get together again.

And lots of good news to offset the bad! Not such a crappy day afterall!

Indeed! I'll be going back to my parents' house this weekend, so it will be better than this weekend, that's for sure.

Happy bout dad coming home and that your order was shipped. I also ordered some of that food that DH was talking about. Along with some other goodies.

thats great news about dad. dont let him slack on the cardio, it made a world of diffrence for my wife.

Archived