ReefCleaners.org

MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist
Try a Yellow Coris Wrasse, they're awesome.

Hm, I might have to do that! I was thinking a Hoeven's Wrasse, but then I read that you are supposed to give it live feeder shrimp when first introduced into the tank. Blah.

New pictures coming to the 29 thread in a moment.

Still miss yours L... :(

yay for new fishies Tyler!

:happy:

15$ for 9 inches of monti cap is a steal! I'd play it safe and put it in the 20L Better to have it in a cramped space than possibly endanger it.

Yes it is! I think that seals it... into the 20L it will go!

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about you! I'm still working on finding my shipping supplies from the last time I shipped corals. Things have been crazy at work on account of our first filing in the Ohio Supreme Court, but this weekend should be a bit more calm. I should have a mushroom or two and some flame algae plus shipping supplies ready this weekend. If I have everything I need, I might be able to ship out early to mid-week. I'd imagine priority should do the trick, I just need to figure out what kind of warmer. With the temperatures lately, I'd imagine it shouldn't take much of a warmer at all!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
Sounds good, no hurry. I'll send you the address in a pm for whenever you need it. Thanks a million.

Sounds good!

Here's a few pictures of this tank. It's the attack of zombie snails, apparently!

100_1409.jpg

100_1410.jpg

Militant Jurist

:o :o :o

The Medium Kole tang is currently $29.99, on sale from $44.99!

:mellow:

Tank bred clowns are also on sale for $12.99, down from $19.99.

Why do these things happen when I'm planning to wait a bit longer?

No idea why it happens. The tank looks good. I just got my kole tang last week . He a baby very small I love him. Gonna name hime Kole I know very original LOL

Militant Jurist
No idea why it happens. The tank looks good. I just got my kole tang last week . He a baby very small I love him. Gonna name hime Kole I know very original LOL

Awesome! Haha cool name. ;) Do you have pictures? I couldn't find any in your thread, but my brain is fried right now.

I'm doing my best to resist the urge to buy the kole and clowns... the price savings is essentially the cost of shipping! If only I didn't need to add the Kole last (on account of aggression/territory), I'd jump at it!

Nope no pics yet. Will try later. I asked the LFS to order it for me and I got 10% off cause I belong to a club he sponsers so it was like the same price your looking at. He doesn't seem territorial at all thats the blackcap LOL Kole likes to just swim up and down and back and forth while picking at the glass and rocks beautiful fish .

Militant Jurist
Nope no pics yet. Will try later. I asked the LFS to order it for me and I got 10% off cause I belong to a club he sponsers so it was like the same price your looking at. He doesn't seem territorial at all thats the blackcap LOL Kole likes to just swim up and down and back and forth while picking at the glass and rocks beautiful fish .

Sounds great! Hm... this got me reading up a bit more on the Koles, and apparently they are the "least aggressive" of the tangs.

What do you think everyone, could I pull off a Kole tang and pair of clowns, and then the rest later? I'm kind of nervous about adding so many fish at once (the plan of buying all of the fish at once), and it looks like I'll be keeping the 20L running as a QT tank after all. What to do, what to do.... Shipping shouldn't be too much of a problem either, because the sale price wiped out quite a bit, and I might be able to find someone locally with whom to split shipping.

hmm......I think I would go for it myself, but I am not a very patient person.

I shall now go ................................... ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif

Militant Jurist
hmm......I think I would go for it myself, but I am not a very patient person.

:lol:

That's exactly what I was thinking about myself... one hand, I know I should be patient... but on the other hand, I know that you have to strike while the striking is good when it comes to a deal!

What's everyone else think? Is the deal good enough (especially if I can split shipping with someone else) to deviate from my plan of one massive order of all planned fish in another month or so?

Militant Jurist
I am no help here Me I would wait .

Nah, it's everyone else who are enablers! Well, maybe I'll pass on this one, so that the tang won't be the second fish in the tank. I guess I'll just wait until some other fish that I want are on sale in a month or so.

Needreefunds
Nah, it's everyone else who are enablers! Well, maybe I'll pass on this one, so that the tang won't be the second fish in the tank. I guess I'll just wait until some other fish that I want are on sale in a month or so.

Kim's right, you should wait.

I'd pull the trigger myself. :P

...and still may.

:ninja:

Militant Jurist
Kim's right, you should wait.

I'd pull the trigger myself. :P

...and still may.

:ninja:

Well, it would be fitting, since we have 75s, we should each have a Kole tang. :P

Needreefunds

Well, it would be fitting, since we have 75s, we should each have a Kole tang. :P

:P Funny, I finally get a tank large enough that I could get away with trying a yellow tang..... and now...I want the Kole. :rolleyes: Seems like I keep reading post after post about how aggressive the yellows can be. Pretty tho.

Militant Jurist
Everyone has the yellows, Kole is the way to go IMO.

My thoughts exactly!

Agreed.

If it were me, I'd go for it.

Hm... seems like I've got votes going in both directions. Well, let's do what any reasonable person would do... leave it up to fate. :P If I can find someone in Columbus to split shipping with, I'll place the order.

Militant Jurist

Here's the new photos from today:

The "small frag" of a monti cap.... I had to put this one in the 75, because I couldn't fit both "frags" in the 20L properly! The white area is where it was shaded in its old tank. It should color up before too long.

100_1413.jpg

The seemingly happy gorg:

100_1415.jpg

Right side (now featuring the shrooms and frog from the 20L):

100_1414.jpg

Here's the "larger frag" of the monti cap (don't mind the dirty glass!)

100_1417.jpg

Militant Jurist
:o

WOW

The full monti!!!!!

100_1417.jpg

:happy:

I still can't believe that those two corals came to a whooping $25 total. That's the upside to having some great local reefers. These frags came from a MONSTER of a cap... something like 4' across.

Archived