inTank Media Baskets

MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist
those montis make your 75 look like a nano! Is that blue background painted?

Yeah it does! The 20L has a blue background, and my 29 and 75 are both black. I've used Krylon fusion to paint all three.

It's looking like the group buy for a LA order is becoming a reality! I've got two other people wanting to do it, so shipping costs are dropping fast!

* Guess I should have checked the thread I created locally... now it's looking like 6 people.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
that gorg looks great.

Thanks! I still have a hard time believing that I found it in the cheap frag tank!

Militant Jurist
Didja get the LA order in before they sold out of Kole's?? <_<

:(

No. :rant:

But, I did say that I was leaving it up to fate, so I guess this is a sign. However, since shipping will be next to nothing for this group order, I'm still going ahead with it. I think instead I'll get a pair of tank-bred clowns, a yellow wrasse, and maybe a cool invert. Maybe a skunk or blood cleaner shrimp? A Green Lace Gorgonian? Or something else, if someone has a good suggestion! Just no crabs. <_<

Yeah, you should :)

:D I'm always surprised at how many CORA people are on this site!

I do love my yellow eye kole tang. Very peaceful. CONSTANTLY grazing and keeping all the rock in my 180g clean of algae. It's funny to see all the lip marks on the glass as well.

A juvi chevron tang is on my wish list as soon as I see one on sale or someone selling it. Also in the bristletooth family like a kole tang.

Militant Jurist
me either. :mellow:

I was about to blame you, so glad you said something. :P

I do love my yellow eye kole tang. Very peaceful. CONSTANTLY grazing and keeping all the rock in my 180g clean of algae. It's funny to see all the lip marks on the glass as well.

A juvi chevron tang is on my wish list as soon as I see one on sale or someone selling it. Also in the bristletooth family like a kole tang.

A chevron tang would be awesome! A very cool fish, even more cool than the purple, IMO. I think the algae is another reason it's probably a good thing I'm waiting on the kole. Right now, I don't have much other than the macro, and the macro hasn't grown enough to be able to stand up against the onslaught of a tang!

Militant Jurist

I got the small monti and gorgonian finally mounted tonight, so I decided to take pictures. I also found my engineer's house. ;)

100_1421.jpg

100_1423.jpg

100_1424.jpg

100_1422.jpg

I was about to blame you, so glad you said something. :P

A chevron tang would be awesome! A very cool fish, even more cool than the purple, IMO. I think the algae is another reason it's probably a good thing I'm waiting on the kole. Right now, I don't have much other than the macro, and the macro hasn't grown enough to be able to stand up against the onslaught of a tang!

You'll be screwed no matter what. Macro will never grow fast enough to suffer the onslaught of a tang. Assuming the tang eats it. My tang does not eat all varieties. Just some.

Militant Jurist
Coming along :D

:happy:

You'll be screwed no matter what. Macro will never grow fast enough to suffer the onslaught of a tang. Assuming the tang eats it. My tang does not eat all varieties. Just some.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. The more edible algaes will be moved into a fuge once I get a tang, so that I can have a macro farm protected from the tang. I just like having fresh food available where I can!

So, you've gotta love it when things like this happens: I filed a lawsuit in the winter, and settled out of court. After I got the settlement check, I forgot all about it. Then, today in the mail, I get a check from the court, refunding certain costs I had paid, but were not actually incurred before the settlement notice got to the court. I got a nice little check today (nothing major, but still, nice!) I might add a little extra something to my LA order now. ;)

Militant Jurist

My group order was placed last night with LA, so it should arrive tomorrow! The yellow coris was out of stock, and I decided to wait on the gorg, to see how my first one fairs over a longer period of time. My final ordered ended up consisting of two Ocellaris Clownfish, Tank Bred ; one Multicolor Lubbock’s Fairy Wrasse and one Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp.

My group order was placed last night with LA, so it should arrive tomorrow! The yellow coris was out of stock, and I decided to wait on the gorg, to see how my first one fairs over a longer period of time. My final ordered ended up consisting of two Ocellaris Clownfish, Tank Bred ; one Multicolor Lubbock’s Fairy Wrasse and one Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp.

I can't wait to see the Fairy Wrasse. I almost bought one too. I ordered Janns pipefish instead.

Militant Jurist
I can't wait to see the Fairy Wrasse. I almost bought one too. I ordered Janns pipefish instead.

If it's anywhere near as colorful as the picture on LA, I'll be happy with it. The Janns pipefish is very cool though!

If it's anywhere near as colorful as the picture on LA, I'll be happy with it.

I've yet to meet a fairy wrasse I didn't like. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Militant Jurist
I've yet to meet a fairy wrasse I didn't like. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

I've heard they have fantastic personalities, so I'm looking forward to seeing him cruising the tank! Between the wrasse and the clowns, my engineer should hopefully come out from his rock cave a bit more. I hope the shrimp doesn't take up station in the future home of my acros.

Militant Jurist
(accidentally lets the fairy wrasse go into the 180g) .. he found a hole in the bag.. i swear!

:lol:

Time to bust out the snorkeling gear! On that note... how fun would it have been to go scuba diving in Norm's tank?

Archived