Cultivated Reef

MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist

inorite? PARTY!!

I could use some assistance though... I'd like to get some of that pond netting stuff to cover my 75 with... but at least according to their websites, neither HD or Lowes seems to have any. Where else could I look?

:lol:

Time to bust out the snorkeling gear! On that note... how fun would it have been to go scuba diving in Norm's tank?

Hehe... It would be. Wonder if he's ever had "hot tub" parties..

Militant Jurist
Look for stores that carry pond supplies in your area. You know things like the plastic ponds, pumps, waterfalls, water plants etc.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chro...+columbus,+ohio

Thanks Henry! As much as I hate to do it, maybe I will give Aquarium Adventure a call to see if they have it. If not, I might go with this. That one is made of polypropylene; should I go with a regular plastic one instead? It's the same price, but the plastic one is a smaller size (same gap size though).

Hehe... It would be. Wonder if he's ever had "hot tub" parties..

:lol: If not, he should have!

That is what I used. Had to put up two layers though in a criss cross pattern. The .375 holes were big enough for............

A McCoskers flasher

A Yellow Headed Jaw

To jump through. Since doing the criss cross have not had anything get through. Do see, as I have mentioned before, the stupid Chalk Bass using it as an inverted trampoline at feeding time.

Militant Jurist
That is what I used. Had to put up two layers though in a criss cross pattern. The .375 holes were big enough for............

A McCoskers flasher

A Yellow Headed Jaw

To jump through. Since doing the criss cross have not had anything get through. Do see, as I have mentioned before, the stupid Chalk Bass using it as an inverted trampoline at feeding time.

I'd definitely be doing a two layer approach then! I'm looking forward to the trampoline though. My CB in the 29 hasn't been that aggressive in attacking food though... I think it's because the starry usually takes the first bite, and the chunk of Rod's Food quickly hits the blender (Vortech). Now with the sixline in there, though, it's become a little bit more of a feeding frenzy between the three.

Mine's quarter inch squares I think. I got mine from another guy locally who bought it in bulk. I guess you'll see it tonight.

Militant Jurist
Mine's quarter inch squares I think. I got mine from another guy locally who bought it in bulk. I guess you'll see it tonight.

That would certainly take a bit more determination to jump through! Henry, have you noticed much light reduction after doubling up the netting? I'd imagine that you single layer of quarter inch probably doesn't result in much loss at all. Maybe I'll just put up a post on CORA if AA doesn't have it.

The 1/4 inch would be good, and there is some that is clear too which would be good. but the black works and does not affect the lighting.

Militant Jurist
The 1/4 inch would be good, and there is some that is clear too which would be good. but the black works and does not affect the lighting.

Awesome! I'm only running 4x54w on this tank, so I'm always a bit worried about loss. Worse comes to worst, I'll just build a canopy down the road to replace the netting. I'm hoping the Lubbock's isn't too much of a jumper in the first place.

I could use some assistance though... I'd like to get some of that pond netting stuff to cover my 75 with... but at least according to their websites, neither HD or Lowes seems to have any. Where else could I look?

I bought my clear 1/4" mesh from a guy on here. He bought a large roll and cuts the squares to size and ships it to you for a few cents a foot. I got enough to do the 180 (three 30" squares) for like $17 priority shipped.

I'll go find his DIY and FS threads. I shall return.

I bought my clear 1/4" mesh from a guy on here. He bought a large roll and cuts the squares to size and ships it to you for a few cents a foot. I got enough to do the 180 (three 30" squares) for like $17 priority shipped.

I'll go find his DIY and FS threads. I'll be bak!.

There fixed that for you.

Militant Jurist

I'll go find his DIY and FS threads. I shall return.

Thanks! That would solve the problem!

There fixed that for you.

Good catch! :lol:

I think the fedex guy is having lunch.

There is a slightly noticeable difference ... i can see it with a PAR meter for sure with black netting. But I have more than enough PAR.

Archived