Top Shelf Aquatics

FS: 1/4" Square Clear Polypropylene Mesh for Screen Tops. Reasonable price.

acroholic

Guys,

Many of you with open top tanks have had the issue of fish jumping out.

I have posted a DIY based on my construction of mesh tops for my tanks with top trim and my rimless aquarium.

My Nano-Reef.com DIY:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=212941

Here is a picture of the mesh on a screen I made for my 60 gallon reef and my 100 gallon rimless reef:

reef19.JPG

reef23.JPG

I bought a large quantity of the 1/4" clear polypropylene mesh to make my tops, and I have been selling lots of this mesh to my local reef club members at a very reasonable price, much less expensive than any other source I have seen.

I want to offer my fellow Forum Members the same opportunity.

Anyone that wants some of this mesh to make a screen cover, or who has one and wants to switch out to the 1/4" mesh, just needs to send me the opening size in inches. I will cut out your mesh with an extra 2 inches per side to allow for cutting wastage. I'll charge 85 cents a square foot and shipping (prepaid Priority Mail-$5). I'll ship quickly as well. You will not have to wait for your product.

Everyone pays the same reasonable price. No one should have to pay a premium just to buy a smaller quantity of this great mesh. Problem is, unless you are prepared to buy 3000 square feet of the stuff, your choices have been very limited, until now.

Email is best for questions about the mesh, my screen DIY, or to inquire about sizing for your tank. My email: grim1214@bellsouth.net. I will check this thread and PMs daily, but email is the fastest way for a response.

Thanks everyone.

Dave

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to ask... but you have any links to reviews? Or anyone can vouch for you? Also, is there any way you could send this via parcel post or something cause its cheaper for smaller quantities? I am in no rush to make a cover but this may come in handy when I make time to.

I can vouch for him. I recently ordered from him and recieved the netting very fast. You can trust him, he is a good seller.

Thanks for the positive! I hope you are enjoying the mesh.

Dave

Sorry to ask... but you have any links to reviews? Or anyone can vouch for you? Also, is there any way you could send this via parcel post or something cause its cheaper for smaller quantities? I am in no rush to make a cover but this may come in handy when I make time to.

Hi,

Part of the very low price for this mesh I am charging is the convenience for me to be able to quickly place it in a prepaid envelpe and drop it off at the post office. Actually, $5 shipping for any item is quite reasonable. You'd pay close to it for any item.

Best,

Dave

I understand. Thanks for answering my question :).I just figured Id ask just in case. I will be contacting you after I get paid to grab some of this from you. Thanks again.

i'll vouch for him as well--the store i work at did business with him on multiple occasions and he has an excellent reputation in our local reef club.

How is this stuff with your light direct over it. Any meltage with the heat?

I'll get back to you on dimensions I'm lookin for.

Is there one dimension you can give me - like 2 feet wide or whatever the width of your roll is - so I know how much length to order - or something like that. I'd be looking to cover a 29 gallon and perhaps a 10 gallon tank.

How is this stuff with your light direct over it. Any meltage with the heat?

I'll get back to you on dimensions I'm lookin for.

Is there one dimension you can give me - like 2 feet wide or whatever the width of your roll is - so I know how much length to order - or something like that. I'd be looking to cover a 29 gallon and perhaps a 10 gallon tank.

I haven't had issues with the heat of my 400 watt halides. My tops look like they did when I made them months ago.

My roll is 10 foot wide, but I custom cut each piece for you, so you don't have a lot of excess. I usually include enough so you have a 2 inch border on all sides for cuttting waste. For example, if you have a 36" x 18" tank that you will be making a single screen for, I'll cut you a 40" x 22" piece. If you have a 75 gallon at 48" x 18 " with 2 openings, I'd cut you two pieces, each 28" x 22".

Thanks.

Dave

Got mine the day after it was shipped. Thanks Dave!

Glad to help. Go Penguins! My sister works for the Penguins organization. She even has a Stanley Cup Ring!

Dave

Archived