Cultivated Reef

FS: 1/4" Square Clear Polypropylene Mesh for Screen Tops. Reasonable price.

acroholic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanna say I got my mesh and it's perfect. There's no way a BSJ can get thru that thing. Will be replacing my current mesh and putting yours on this weekend. I got it pretty quickly too. Thanks again Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my mesh very fast. i ordered/paid on tuesday, he shipped on wednesday and i received on friday. the mesh looks great. as soon as i finish making my lid i will get some pics up

im probably gonna want a 20"x30" piece if that is possible?

What is the brand of this that you are sending out?

Many of these clear ones are made of fiberglass, and ARE NOT reef safe....They will often say " plastic" on there, but if you go to the company website most of the clear are made of a fiber glass material. Can you please say what brand you are using?

The title says polypropalene which is a plastic

That's what the title says, but I've actually researched this. I"m just curious if he could tell us what brand he is selling to us. Doesn't seem like an unreasonable request to ask what brand of mesh you are buying, since it is going across people tanks that often have hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars of live stock / corals in them.

Plus with the heat put off by our high end lighting, even plastic (especially the much more common fiberglass - which I"m thinking this mesh is) would omit slowly dissolving toxins/fumes in to our eco-systems. You may not notice anything today, but it wouldn't be safe in the long run.

Just curious why he doesn't want to tell the brand name? I'm not planning on buying a big role and selling it for a dollar less then your selling it for. I have zero time for anything like that. Just curious what brand you are using.

Free bump. I think I might buy some more...

I think I might also. Not right now but some time in the future. I think I made mine too tight and the sides are a little bent.

Free bump. :)

I think I might also. Not right now but some time in the future. I think I made mine too tight and the sides are a little bent.

Free bump. :)

don't you want to know what you are putting over your tank? Why not just go to a screen and window place in your town. They have this by the tons, and will sell u whatever size piece you want. (and they will even tell you what brand it is....

• 2 weeks later...
NirvanaandTool

Got my mesh this past weekend. Thanks again Dave!

Going to put it on my existing mesh top sometime this upcoming weekend - just need to grab the spline tool back from my brother haha

• 3 weeks later...
Box is full. Looking at getting 10sq ft shipped to 60491. How much?

Thanks

Angelique

Send him an email, it's in the first post.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

I am really sorry my inbox was full. Did not realize it. I have cleared it out so I can get PMs again. I'll try to be more vigilant in the future. You can alwys get me at grim1214@bellsouth.net as well. thank you all.

Best,

Dave

jackaninny
Guys,

I am really sorry my inbox was full. Did not realize it. I have cleared it out so I can get PMs again. I'll try to be more vigilant in the future. You can alwys get me at grim1214@bellsouth.net as well. thank you all.

Best,

Dave

$12 for a 6 month premium membership - 500 PM mailbox limit - just saying

Plus with the heat put off by our high end lighting, even plastic (especially the much more common fiberglass - which I"m thinking this mesh is) would omit slowly dissolving toxins/fumes in to our eco-systems. You may not notice anything today, but it wouldn't be safe in the long run.

Just curious why he doesn't want to tell the brand name? I'm not planning on buying a big role and selling it for a dollar less then your selling it for. I have zero time for anything like that. Just curious what brand you are using.

I was under the impression that off-gassing, even if that is the case here, is usually toxic chemicals that are not making a mad dash to be water soluble. Actually, they're usually deposited as oily films, which in water means hello protein skimmer. With proper hood ventilation the off gassing (if that's even happening here) might be just going right out the top.

Also, the pvc egg crate that people put over their tanks off gasses immensely more than this mesh ever could. Like probably in the realm of 100-1,000 times more, which again, isn't living la vida loca towards water solubility.

That said email sent to the OP, I need some for my little nano :)

Archived