Cultivated Reef

MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist
:unsure:

It's a rather long story. Short story is work really sucked these last few days, and things have been a bit rocky with the vet. It's getting to the point where I just don't care anymore.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
It's a rather long story. Short story is work really sucked these last few days, and things have been a bit rocky with the vet. It's getting to the point where I just don't care anymore.

:(

*bro hug*

:grouphug:

*replace flower with Sam Adams of choice*

:flower:

Sorry bud. Too lazy to post up pics-n-stuff. :P

Militant Jurist

*bro hug*

:grouphug:

*replace flower with Sam Adams of choice*

Sorry bud. Too lazy to post up pics-n-stuff. :P

Thanks! I could certainly use a Sam Adams right about now!

AWE I wanna hug you also :grouphug:

:happy:

Oh what the hell..............................grouphug.gif

Can ya feel the love Tyler??

Absolutely. Gotta love the NR peeps. Certainly a great group of people here. :happy:

Well, I guess I can spill a bit of the problem. This is on top of all of the work-related stress.

Things still hadn't improved with the vet, beyond seeing her maybe once every other week. However, we were hanging out this weekend, and it seemed like the start of her new classes would have things slowing down, and that things might change. She said over the weekend that other than Tuesday night, she should be able to do something. "Cool," I thought. So, I sent her a tuesday, asking how things were going. Response: "Classes and studying." Then, I tell her I'm leaving town Friday (tomorrow), and ask if I'll see her before I leave. Response: "Unlikely. I am swamped."

So, the long of the short is that this is the kind of stuff that eventually caused me and my ex (the one I was with for a rather long time) to break up. All of this has me wondering if it's really worth it.

Did I miss the notice that the world was coming to an end? Because WTH is going on?

Life, opportunities, mental well being tend to pass us by if we close the door on things because what we want is what we are concentrating on getting. Seems to be, granted I am on the outside listening to what you post here, time to open the door back up and take a look at what may be happening on the other side. I hate to see a person strung along, and it sure seems like this is a friendship of convenience to her where you are looking for perhaps more.

As far as this being what may have been the ultimate reason for departing from the ex.................

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

Edmund Burke.

Henry (doesn't like to see a good man taken advantage of) Spanko

Militant Jurist
Life, opportunities, mental well being tend to pass us by if we close the door on things because what we want is what we are concentrating on getting. Seems to be, granted I am on the outside listening to what you post here, time to open the door back up and take a look at what may be happening on the other side. I hate to see a person strung along, and it sure seems like this is a friendship of convenience to her where you are looking for perhaps more.

Well, the crazy thing is that she said that she too was looking for me. She talked about how she'd never taken a guy home to meet her parents, but that she wanted me to meet her parents; about how she never met a guy's parents, but wanted to (and did) meet mine. Her actions, however, do indeed seem to speak otherwise. Well, I think I've devised a nifty little way of figuring things out. Aside from those text messages, I had tried to call her Monday night. No answer, no returned call. Seems to me as if I've made enough contact that it's now time for her to return them. If not.... well, I suppose it will be just left at that.

As far as this being what may have been the ultimate reason for departing from the ex.................

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

Edmund Burke.

I'm a big believer of this. The only problem is figuring out exactly what you are supposed to learn. Try harder? Try less?

Henry (doesn't like to see a good man taken advantage of) Spanko

Thanks Henry. :happy:

I'm a big believer of this. The only problem is figuring out exactly what you are supposed to learn. Try harder? Try less?

Or mayhaps just sit down with her, ask her what or even if she is looking for a real relationship, tell he what you are in search of, and ask point blank if she feels that she fits the bill for you and you fit the bill for her.

Life is too short to be ##### footing around trying to figure out what you should do, when some simple, upfron talking can get to a resolution quicker.

Henry (I talk too much) Spanko

Militant Jurist
Or mayhaps just sit down with her, ask her what or even if she is looking for a real relationship, tell he what you are in search of, and ask point blank if she feels that she fits the bill for you and you fit the bill for her.

Life is too short to be ##### footing around trying to figure out what you should do, when some simple, upfron talking can get to a resolution quicker.

We kind of have done that. She's talked about how she's "crazy about" me, how much she misses me, etc. So I don't doubt that she's interested. The trouble is that she gets so caught up in everything, and she just doesn't make the time. On one hand, I can understand, having essentially been through what she's dealing with. However, I still managed to make the time for other things. She didn't want to commit to a boyfriend/girlfriend thing for this very reason though, but that was a few months ago. The last "talk" we had was her saying that she felt bad that I was always the one making dinner and that it made her "feel like [she] wasn't bringing anything to this relationship." That was just last week. You're right about life being too short though.... I'm not going to do anything to affirmatively end it, but I am continuing to keep my options open. After all, I've got that cute Jewish girl who wants to do something with me soon. ;)

Henry (I talk too much) Spanko

:lol:

Nah, not at all.

Needreefunds

I feel try the same. :)

Just don't sit around waiting for the phone to ring, or email to be returned, or text replied to.

It must be a give and take situation to work. It will happen if the relationship is meant to be. Can't force it IME.

Be yourself, do what you want, but don't slam that door, she may still realize what she has / could have.

:mellow:

Militant Jurist
I feel try the same. :)

Well, that could be bad (there's another story in the background, one involving my ex :unsure:). But I get what you mean. ;)

Just don't sit around waiting for the phone to ring, or email to be returned, or text replied to.

It must be a give and take situation to work. It will happen if the relationship is meant to be. Can't force it IME.

Be yourself, do what you want, but don't slam that door, she may still realize what she has / could have.

:mellow:

Yeah, I suppose I should be more diplomatic/lawyerly about it. I haven't really talked to her, so maybe she really is just legitimately swamped this week. Still not much of an excuse on her part for zero communication, but I suppose I shouldn't put on her the assumption that this is as bad as things were with my ex. The sad thing, though, is that my ex has started talking to me again after all of this time, and I've talked to her more this week than I have the vet. -_-

Good luck with the vet, Tyler, I'm sure you'll figure things out. It does suck to feel like you're being ignored though.

At least you've got Sam Adams to keep you company! ...and us!

Militant Jurist

Indeed. :(

Good luck with the vet, Tyler, I'm sure you'll figure things out. It does suck to feel like you're being ignored though.

At least you've got Sam Adams to keep you company! ...and us!

Yeah, it does indeed. Even more so because I kind of figured that at this stage of life, I'd be beyond such things. Who would have thought that a relationship between a guy with a doctorate and a girl working on a doctorate would still involve these high school-ish type things?

You've hit it exactly right though... between Sam Adams (and maybe my friend Jack Daniels) and you guys, I'll be plenty entertained. :happy:

Militant Jurist

Well, just when things seem bad, they get worse.

I just got a call from my brothers, that my dad woke up with chest pains. He took some aspirin, and when that didn't help, he went to the hospital. They end up life flighting him to another hospital, and he's in surgery. I guess the doc said that he's 99.9% sure he'll walk out of the hospital, but that he'll have to spend a week there. They are doing a quadruple bypass, but apparently it's one of the better types of heart attacks my dad could have at his age (whatever that means). He's going to be in surgery for the next four to six hours. They told me to stay at work and not drive up yet, but it's kind of hard to be productive.

Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Well, just when things seem bad, they get worse.

Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Dude. When it rains, it pours. I'm really sorry to hear this. At least it sounds like things will be okay. Glad he was smart enough to get to the hospital. Two guys I work with ignored major distress signs like that in the past year and we're lucky to still have them with us.

Thoughts and prayers sent. Hang in there Buddy.

Needreefunds
Thoughts and prayers sent. Hang in there Buddy.

This.

I hope all turns out well Tyler.

And....There is no age limit on heartache IMO. Drama aside, it still hurts something awful.

Militant Jurist

Thanks everyone.

It looks like I'm going to be able to get out of work early today, so that I can head up to the hospital. It's going to be a few hours before my dad is supposed to get out of surgery, but it's about a 2 hour drive up to the hospital, so that gives me time to go home and pack a suitcase.

MJ my prayers are with you and your family.

If you need someone to talk to let me know. My grandfather had a massive heartache in 91 leaving him with less than 50% working muscle in his heart. He recently died after outlasting 3 pacemakers and several smaller strokes and heart attacks. Even at the end he was in great humor and loved life. I guess this is just my way of saying it'll be ok.

Archived