Cultivated Reef

MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just prayed for you guys, sending mega E-hugs your way.

BibleSue has gone through this with her husband too, if you need someone to talk to who has firsthand experience dealing with it.

Militant Jurist
sorry to hear it, man. I hope it all works out for the best.

praying for your dad and family MJ

Thanks guys!

MJ my prayers are with you and your family.

If you need someone to talk to let me know. My grandfather had a massive heartache in 91 leaving him with less than 50% working muscle in his heart. He recently died after outlasting 3 pacemakers and several smaller strokes and heart attacks. Even at the end he was in great humor and loved life. I guess this is just my way of saying it'll be ok.

:flower:

Thanks. That certainly is good to hear! My dad is 47, so hopefully that will be true for him as well!

Just prayed for you guys, sending mega E-hugs your way.

BibleSue has gone through this with her husband too, if you need someone to talk to who has firsthand experience dealing with it.

Thanks Weetie. It seems like this is a common thing, but it's still very worrying! I talked to my boss, and he's getting me out of here shortly. Apparently he's had two relatives go through this, with similar experiences to what ya'll have described. I'll feel better once I get up to the hospital, I think, since I'm a bit more medically informed than my family. They are relaying things as best they can, but I feel better only by knowing more.

Thanks everyone! :happy: I'll post more info when I find out.

Militant Jurist

Just got back from the hospital. My dad got out of surgery a bit after 5, and the doctor said that everything went well. He's going to be sedated until tomorrow, but they'll start pulling him off of the machines. The nurses said that it was all good news, with the only bad news being that he was there, on his birthday. On the other hand, as she said, he would have another birthday because he was there. We'll know more tomorrow, but so far, it seems like things are going to be OK.

Good news still sending prayers to your dad and your family. My father never had a pain he just dropped down and left us. I tried CPR and well it did not work. Happy that your dad will be alright.

Needreefunds

So good to read this buddy.

Thanks for giving us all an update.

You know how many friends you have here and we are all concerned.

I'd give ya another hug, but peeps are gonna start to talk. :happy:

Meh, what the heck...

:grouphug::lol:

Hang in there bud.

Tell Dad yur NR budds are a pullin' for him!. :)

Yes, thanks for the update. Been thinkin' about ya all afternoon. Glad surgery went well, hopefully the good news continues.

Tell your Dad we're rootin' for him. You too dude, stay strong.

:grouphug:

Militant Jurist

Thanks everyone. :happy: I'm really looking forward to being able to talk to him tomorrow. I think it's going to be a night of early to bed, but very little sleep.

Richie, I don't think people will talk, at least not in this situation. ;) The nurses said he was already starting to wake up a bit, so they had to give him more medicine to keep him under. Hopefully there will be more good news in the AM.

So good to read this buddy.

I'd give ya another hug, but peeps are gonna start to talk. :happy:

Meh, what the heck...

:grouphug::lol:

Hang in there bud.

Richie said it better than I could have.

Been thinking about and praying for you and your Dad all day.

Militant Jurist
Richie said it better than I could have.

Been thinking about and praying for you and your Dad all day.

Thanks Weetie. It's nice to know there's such a nice group of friends here. :happy: I've been talking with my brothers today, and I think we've got a plan for how things will be taken care of around the house and the business. Unfortunately, I can't be around much, but I can at least teach them how to run and take care of some of the things. My youngest brother will probably take the brunt of things, since he'll have a lot more responsibilities with the business. I know he's looking forward to me getting his license, so he can just refer some of the troublesome insurance companies to his lawyer. ;) We're just going to do what we have to, so that my dad doesn't stress out about things once he is back home.

wow mj

dont know if there is actualy anything to say.

somethings are just beyond words.

glad to that things to this piont have gone as well as they have.

rember that were all here pulling for him.

tell him to pay close attintion in cardio rehab it will make a huge diffrence on the next 5, 10, 20 years.

buy him a good heart moniter for the rehab & after.

Militant Jurist

:happy:

Well, here's the update:

I just got back to Columbus, after leaving the hospital. My dad was able to sit completely upright, he was eating, and drinking, largely under his own power. He was still coming off some morphine after they removed the drainage tubes from the pleural space, and he was a bit confused and disoriented on occasion. However, he said he was feeling much better, and he finally convinced himself that he was going to be OK. The nurses weren't really concerned with much, other than the fact that his blood pressure was a tad lower than they'd like; however, they said it wasn't much of a concern. He'll be in the hospital for at least a few more days, and I'll be going back up to my parent's house next weekend as well, because my brothers will be needing more help in getting things done around the house, stuff that they've never done before.

Glad your dads doing good MJ. I understand what you're going through. My dad had emergency surgury for a ruptured gallbladdermany years ago and cancer not too long ago and pulled through fine. I wish I could offer more than just my prayers for him but I'll give all those that I can :happy: .

This one made me LOL.

Demotivational_posters_by_DarkKitsunegirl.jpg

Militant Jurist

Thanks Opy. It seems kind of strange, but I think they're going to have my dad up and walking around already today. He was able to stand with some assistance yesterday.

Oh, and gotta love that last poster! ;)

When i had my knee surgery they had me up and walking the next day and started on therapy pretty quick after that. I thought I would be down for a week at least but I guess they dont want you to get used to being lazy lol. I didnt even get crutches, just had to use a cane to walk for a short time.

Deleted User 6

my grandpa has had 3 open heart bypass surgeries and he's still going strong. plays golf like 4 times a week and he's almost 80. your dad should be up and going again in no time.

Militant Jurist
When i had my knee surgery they had me up and walking the next day and started on therapy pretty quick after that. I thought I would be down for a week at least but I guess they dont want you to get used to being lazy lol. I didnt even get crutches, just had to use a cane to walk for a short time.

Wow, they really didn't mess around!

my grandpa has had 3 open heart bypass surgeries and he's still going strong. plays golf like 4 times a week and he's almost 80. your dad should be up and going again in no time.

That's pretty cool! Maybe my dad will spend some time golfing as well. We were actually going to go on Saturday, before all of this. I'm not sure how long it will be before he feels up to it, but at least he could go out into the yard and do the old chip and putt. ;) He's going to be struggling to find things to do to keep him away from work. He's a real workaholic, especially since he owns the business.

Militant Jurist
YAY for more goodnews. I'm glad everything is going well.

Thanks. :happy: After all of this, it was a bit hard to go back to work. It makes you realize just how quickly things can turn bad, and changes what's important. Work just seems less important, somehow. It also leaves me wondering whether to continue to try to make things work with the vet. Her latest message responding to a suggestion of something to do last night once I got into town was that she couldn't (family time early in the day, studying at night). That's fine, I thought... until I continued reading her text. Instead of suggesting "How about X," I got "maybe I'll catch you later in the week." Sadly enough, throughout all of this, my old gf talked with me more than the vet. -_- It's starting to seem like it's time to fish or cut bait.

Militant Jurist
fish_0.jpg

:lol:

Well, I hate leaving things unresolved (they tend to come back later), so it looks like some kind of phone conversation is in order. Normally, I reserve things of a serious nature for in person conversations, but given that the in person conversations (or the infrequency/rarity of them) is part of the problem, the phone will have to do.

Archived