Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pickle's N-R Breeders Lounge

Pickle010

can someone point me to specific grow-out tank setups? I want to get my new system going but I waana see some! I know you guys know where they are... ;)

40b plumbed to a 20l sump. I also have about 40 lbs live rock in it and a H. Crispa anemone, that not one single juvenile pays any attention to. Oh well.

So I'm happy I have had few die-offs and they seem to be rockin! I may have to pull the rock nest from my blackies and try this again. It really makes the difference. The rock isnt that big after all and managable.

Do what works I say!

Edited by hooligan_78
iprayforwaves

If I pull the pot right after they lay the eggs, what are the chances of hatching?

The snows laid again this evening and last night my misbar pair laid (and ate all but two). Wondering if I should pull the pot on the snows.

If I pull the pot right after they lay the eggs, what are the chances of hatching?

The snows laid again this evening and last night my misbar pair laid (and ate all but two). Wondering if I should pull the pot on the snows.

Just keep an eye on it. How many times have the snows spawned? I have a male ocellaris that probably ate around 6 or more straight spawns before he finally quit.

I would think your chances for a successful hatch if pulling the pot immediately is close to 0.

The longest I've gone and still had a good hatch is 3 days early.

iprayforwaves
I would think your chances for a successful hatch if pulling the pot immediately is close to 0.

The longest I've gone and still had a good hatch is 3 days early.

its their 3rd spawn. I've been feeding them bbs, mysis and cyclopeeze plus pellets and flake. Looks like the male ate all but 10 or so eggs last night.

It's hit and miss with some pairs - sometimes they seem to naturally know what to do right away and yet other times it seems to take them forever to know how to care for the eggs.

I've had one pair of B&W's for over a year now with very little luck hatching any of their eggs. I aquired another pair just over 6 weeks ago and hatched out their second spawn this last week with over 200 fry swiming around now.

Same water - same diet - two different pairs and two completely different results.

Drives me nuts if I don't see the eggs layed or miss by a day. MIne are timed to 8 days every time, both pairs I have. Mine only eat the eggs if they don't hatch after a day. They must know something and I don't mess with that. I feed Rods food and pellets and if the nest is in the tank on hatch day, I feed everyone big time so they sleep through it. But mr. shrimp knows where to sit and watch.

SO I need some guidance. I gonna pull my Blackie's nest tomorrow. My first attempt last week was a huge success and I know(hope) I can match that tomorrow. How many larva tanks do I need at this rate? My Orange O's just laid another nest so taking out the pipe and putting it back didn't effect them and full steam ahead! Whats a time frame to maybe move the black and the oranges together? I need to get my grow out tank in place and that will free up alot of space but don't want to move too many vaired in age fish together unless you think its ok to do.... Right now I have been using a 10g tank to house the boys in and they need more room....

I've been moving fry from larvae tanks to grow out tanks anyplace between 16 - 20 dph.

Also I' right now I'm growing out about a months worth of hatches in one grow out tub. I just watch and promote the larger fish to the next tub so the smaller ones aren't picked on.

I've been moving fry from larvae tanks to grow out tanks anyplace between 16 - 20 dph.

Also I' right now I'm growing out about a months worth of hatches in one grow out tub. I just watch and promote the larger fish to the next tub so the smaller ones aren't picked on.

im having the same problem with all these different hatches as well, hopefully i can get it figured out asap or else there will be losses due to fighting soon and i dont want to lose my good looking babies to regular babies...

im having the same problem with all these different hatches as well, hopefully i can get it figured out asap or else there will be losses due to fighting soon and i dont want to lose my good looking babies to regular babies...

Isn't that how it goes, though? Fortunately/unfortunately I don't have that problem. Since moving everyone into their broodstock tanks, I'm sure will be awhile before I see any eggs. Of course, speaking of regular, my ocellaris pair will probably be the first to spawn.

Isn't that how it goes, though? Fortunately/unfortunately I don't have that problem. Since moving everyone into their broodstock tanks, I'm sure will be awhile before I see any eggs. Of course, speaking of regular, my ocellaris pair will probably be the first to spawn.

just sucks to see a onyx clown beatup a good looking clown, in my system it happens..like they dont want the nice looking babies around..lol

Believe me it took 2 Lui pocketbooks for mine to cave. When I saw there prices I almost threw the towel in

Hundreds, or thousands on a purse is okay. Couple hundred on a fish? "NO WAY!!!"

what comes first? the purse or the fish? hahahahaha

I'n my house it looks like it's the fish - planning an expansion to my fish room already!

I'n my house it looks like it's the fish - planning an expansion to my fish room already!

gets worse buddy when you have to plan a growout room in the backyard and more expensive.....

Yeah...think I'm good with my 3 brood tanks. Pretty sure I would be homeless if I brought any more tanks in the house, or started planning a building in the back yard.

Yeah...think I'm good with my 3 brood tanks. Pretty sure I would be homeless if I brought any more tanks in the house, or started planning a building in the back yard.

I would have to live in that there building outside

hey whats everybody sleeping!!! I had a new hatch and meta on my first batch. My black clown nest didnt hatch so I will not be pulling that nest again. I will set up my larva snagger to get those dudes...

I have to wait to move a tank before I can start setting up my grow out tanks. Should be soon to start though!

Yeah... I've been dealing with family friend funeral stuff all this last week. My friends lost their 14 year old daughter to suicide and it's been a roller coaster for the last two weeks. Everything drug out because the family donated her organs which was an incredibly awesome thing to do and the funeral was finally yesterday.

To top it off I was in the ER with my nephew last night until 2 AM because he ... are you ready... fell off the merry go round at the pumpkin patch. The kid is 15 so I was busting his chops over it pretty good all night.

On the fish side of the house - nothing really new - I changed the face on my hammer head tonight and I'll be installing it tomorrow. I'm stoked to finally get that puppy installed.