ReefCleaners.org

Pickle's N-R Breeders Lounge

Pickle010

such a tragedy. hopefully the family can stay strong.

Thanks - we are getting through it.

Missed a couple of the last pages, but how do we purchase these? When you gonne set up a website?

Right now I'm having hard enough time meeting the needs of my local clubs and wholesalers. If you'd like a pair it may be after the holidays before I have anymore ready. Also - I don't ship but we could hook up on one my trips down to LA. Most people like to come here and check out the setup and pick out their own.

Right now I'm having hard enough time meeting the needs of my local clubs and wholesalers. If you'd like a pair it may be after the holidays before I have anymore ready. Also - I don't ship but we could hook up on one my trips down to LA. Most people like to come here and check out the setup and pick out their own.

Terra Bella isnt too far. Do you have a facility or is it a garage setup?

Edited by Xanthi

Terra Bella isnt too far. Do you have a facility or is it a garage setup?

It's a room inside my shed.... although the shed is 30 X 40... the room is only 9 X 20 but expanding to 9 X 38 here this winter.

Here is a pic of what that looks like:

IMG_1902.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
definitely need more room

Ha ha... I'm redoing my plan... the original plan was to go length wise and take it the rest of the way down the wall. but it looks like now I'm going to width wise and take it across the shed. That way I'll have more options for lay out and I won't be able to outgrow it. At least I hope now to.

figured id jump in.....how goes it

I need to finish reading this....only at page fifty :)

so far my rotifers are still doing good....if ever have another crash hopefully ill have your backup ready since you work just a couple miles from my house. And you still get first picks from my first successful batch.

Hey Tyler - welcome to the lounge! The cool thing about posting here is you get a lot of opinions and more then just my word for it... as you know I've come a long way but still have a lot to learn. These guys bail me out all the time.

Update:

I did run into an issue with my grow out since adding the new pump - I've been getting too much oxygen in my water causing my PH to shoot through the roof and killing off some of my fry. I'm making some plumbing adjustments and hopefully that will take care of it. Thanks for the early morning (my time) trouble shooting Jonathan!

Edited by Pickle010

Pickled up a Reef Octopus 300 extreme for the brood stock system today - All I can say is what a beast - 12 inch round body and over 24 inches tall, rated at 425g. This thing is awesome - almost couldn't get it through the opening in my stand but a jig saw made quick work of that - Just took about a 1/4 of an inch and now it sucking crappage out of my system! Love it!!!

And there it is.... that was a good 20+ hours of total reading, 179 pages. Took me four days at work to read this whole thread, lol.

Babies hatch tonight (unless they are being tricky again)

So here we go, time to contribute my own nonsense to this thread :)

Hey Mike! I'm still here, just busy doing other stuff. Had a nice clutch of 300+ ocellaris babies...fried from heater malfunction. Came home from work on Monday to 92 degree water... Oh well. Just add that to the list of #### gone wrong.

Oh man... what a bummer! It's part of the game though - seems like it's not one thing it's another.

I added something super cool to my brood stock today - hopefully the female I have picked out for him plays nice!

Ha, I know what it is.... its a Tri-color Phantom Lighting Flash Clown.... newest thing on the market I hear ;)

Yah I don't mind reading, and I am definately serious about it. I have to get them laying on a tile though (Don't want to remove them from the Magnifica in the tank). I would like to have some broodstock setup but these three for now are a happy little trio in their anemones, who am I to disrupt that.

What did you get? Or are you going to make us guess? Whatever it is I'm sure I want one.

It's going to be a while before I release it... I'm keeping a lid on it until I actually produce some fry so it might be years... lol

Ha, I know what it is.... its a Tri-color Phantom Lighting Flash Clown.... newest thing on the market I hear ;)

Yah I don't mind reading, and I am definately serious about it. I have to get them laying on a tile though (Don't want to remove them from the Magnifica in the tank). I would like to have some broodstock setup but these three for now are a happy little trio in their anemones, who am I to disrupt that.

You know my take on it... it's all said and good now and I'm sure the little one is still alive because there is enough room in that tank but at some point I figure when it matures it may challenge your male for that number 2 spot. Besides - one day you'll set up a brood stock tank and before you know it you'll have 15 pairs to contend with and wonder how you are going to make room for that next one.

Of course, and I have a spot for him if the aggression level ever comes up.

And yes eventually I am sure I will have multiple breeding pairs, most likely not to far off. One step at a time though, I would like to get a clutch of fry going first :)

And I am sure I will always have a reef tank, I enjoy that part of the hobby, especially the anemone.

And then there was one, lol. Had a single fry hatch last night, he gets full run of the fry tank until his brothers hopefully hatch tonight.

Eins (German for one) is munching down on rotifers just fine, nice silver belly and seems to be swimming around the tank without incident, at least for now :)