SaltCritters.com

Pickle's N-R Breeders Lounge

Pickle010

I'm just so used to seeing meta in 7 days that it's completely throwing me. These guys are still taking waaaaayyyy to long though. Although - with a flash light I think I'm starting to see a glimmer of color on some of them.

my onyx offspring are going through meta on day 8 i start seeing headstripes on day 10 , try uping the temps in the fry tank see if that helps!!!

post-38324-1347787847_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the help guys extra big thank you to Pickle for all the valued advice. :0)

Thanks for the help guys extra big thank you to Pickle for all the valued advice. :0)

Just starting to get their 3rd stripe. :0)

post-38324-1347788074_thumb.jpg

Edited by baileybum1234

Well, the snowflakes have eaten all but 11 of their first spawn. The remaining few look to be developing well.

The rotifers have hatched and are multiplying quickly, but unfortunately I may not have any fry to feed them too. silly fish.

Very cool updates guys! Congrats!

Well, the snowflakes have eaten all but 11 of their first spawn. The remaining few look to be developing well.

The rotifers have hatched and are multiplying quickly, but unfortunately I may not have any fry to feed them too. silly fish.

Hey ipray - How far along is the pair letting the fry get before they eat them?

My perculas take a long time. I just had my very first snow eggs hatch and they have headstripes sooo much faster than my percs. I think its normal!

Mine are finally starting to show some color!

Well, it's their first spawn. The first night they didn't eat any. the second night, about half went missing. The next night all but about a dozen.

The male is taking care of the dozen that are left and they are 5 days along. Tuesday would be hatch night, assuming he doesn't eat the rest!

Being the first hatch - I'd let them go and see how many you end up with.

If they continue to eat the eggs down the road I'd start pulling the pot early - I still pull my Snow's pot on day 4 (sometimes) they've gotten better about it but for the first year I had to pull it early or they'd leave me nothing.

I think they'll work out - I was walking through a parts store and saw the pin stripes and it hit me. Took a few rolls to do two tanks and it was time consuming. Thankfully I didn't break one of those while setting it up... that would of sucked.

I think they'll work out - I was walking through a parts store and saw the pin stripes and it hit me. Took a few rolls to do two tanks and it was time consuming. Thankfully I didn't break one of those while setting it up... that would of sucked.

are you doing this for measurement reasons?

are you doing this for measurement reasons?

Just to give me a quick eyeball... I know it may not work well for video / photo's as the clowns won't be back up against the glass and I'll most likely have them pulled to the front for shots.

I thnk it's a good way to give you an idea of size. I'm still in shock you did that by hand. Seriously. Give that man a beer!

*cough* obsessed *cough cough* :P

I have counted 7 adorable little snowflake babies... a couple eggs didnt hatch last night out of the dozen they left me. We will see if they hatch tonight, they look normal.

On the bright side, I have plenty of rotifers for such a small hatch! :D

*cough* obsessed *cough cough* :P

I have counted 7 adorable little snowflake babies... a couple eggs didnt hatch last night out of the dozen they left me. We will see if they hatch tonight, they look normal.

On the bright side, I have plenty of rotifers for such a small hatch! :D

obsessed? yeah... maybe.... lol

Woo hoo... go Snowflakes! I love watching them hit meta it's amazing how early you can spot those snows.

A snowflake will be my next purchase. Speaking of clowns, I'm expecting an onyx picasso today courtesy of Rich!

th_DSC_0002-2.jpg

Edited by hooligan_78

Keep getting a few babies floating upside down with what looks like air inside them and still fully alive. They then seam to get better I think but not fully sure.

Any one else experienced this?

Cheers

Edited by baileybum1234

How old are they?

I've seen it happen in my larval tanks - they mostly hang to side of the tank and appear to be setting upside down but they always seem to recover and do fine afterwards.

How old are they?

I've seen it happen in my larval tanks - they mostly hang to side of the tank and appear to be setting upside down but they always seem to recover and do fine afterwards.

Still the same batch as before in their grow out tank. About 5 weeks. Just can see air bubbles inside them at times. Maybe their gut??

Still the same batch as before in their grow out tank. About 5 weeks. Just can see air bubbles inside them at times. Maybe their gut??

I'd keep a watch on them - I hope it's not come kind of swim bladder issue. Maybe one of the more experienced guys will chime in. I've never seen that in my fry after they've moved to grow out.

A snowflake will be my next purchase. Speaking of clowns, I'm expecting an onyx picasso today courtesy of Rich!

Dude.. that is sweet! Rich is the man!

Came home and for some reason my air flow wasn't right, so lost all but about 15 of my hybrids. Then, to make the day better, I was doing my mock up on my return for the breeder setup and wasn't as careful as I should have been. Long story short: I dropped a mag 12 through the bottom of my sump. Awesome day.

I also had to move my new little onyx picasso to my DT. My onyx clown I put him with pretty much had him in size maybe 5 times or more. So he's living with my other perc in the DT, she's not massive compared to him, so I 'll let him get some size before I pair him up with my big onyx again.

Also, a good friend had torn his tank down and is giving me his 20l sump. Back on track(ish). Except I have to go out of town this weekend...again.